A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sanni
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 2, 2017 08:54 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
cake <3

Post Statistics
sanni has contributed to 26 posts out of 469462 total posts (.01%) in 3,023 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Neophobia Public Beta Feb 2, 2017 08:54 AM (Total replies: 42)

Awesome video

In other news, thanks to the fine folks at www.realworldce.com Neophobia_beta5.map is now available on HAC2.
So if anyone of you needs a map uploaded to HAC2 in the future just give them a call

I also uploaded the 3dsmax files and tags here in case anyone wants to make a mod: neo5_src.zip
Edited by sanni on May 18, 2017 at 03:11 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Maps. Where do you check for updates? Feb 1, 2017 03:39 AM (Total replies: 6)

Maybe if we find all the typos on uxbinternet.com we can get a new map uploaded for each of them.

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Jan 6, 2017 07:36 PM (Total replies: 109)

This is what a cat silencer looks like after 10 shots.

Halo CE General Discussion » [PUBLIC BETA]: Dissolution Jan 4, 2017 03:56 AM (Total replies: 28)

That ofc makes sense.
I was talking solely from a pub server perspective where the only way to communicate with the majority of your team mates are some random spanish words that you've picked up ;)

Here is a short demonstration of the skill level you have to carter to nowadays.

I've since then removed the stones, they were just too big of a challenge

In a competitive setting you can ofc make the map as hard as you want. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » [PUBLIC BETA]: Dissolution Jan 3, 2017 10:34 AM (Total replies: 28)

Hey there
If you wanna play this sometime in a relaxed but ever so slightly competitive setting, we play every Sunday at 7PM GMT and we love to try out new maps just visit us on server.

Also I'd like to share my thoughts on this first version.
Please do not take this as critique as I can be too direct sometimes. I really like your map. Furthermore I don't expect you to follow any of my ideas because you ofc have your own vision but maybe it will still help you in any way, shape or form.

direct copy is way too boring, maybe replace the pillars with bottomless pits where you need to jump over and replace the tunnel design by some sort of ice cave design like on Icefields to give it some variation

this is already a flaw in the original sidewinder, it's too much of a bottleneck and hurts gameflow, maybe replace it by just one big straight tunnel entrance

remove this part and pay tribute to it on the upper level

the base pops up to quickly and you can't drive past it in a hog, maybe move the ice a little and shave off a little bit of the rock so that you can do driveby's in a hog without crashing into the vehicles that spawn at base

remove this part, just compare the capping process on Sidewinder to Timberland, it's so much nicer to cap on Timberland, also less spawn kills, again the Sidewinder design creates a bottleneck

Make the walkways just a little bit wider, Halo is a laggy game and people tend to fall off

Also as a general note, make sure that you can drive through the map in a hog without bumping against small rocks all the time. There are a few places where less small rocks would make the map better, especially with the collision lag that is haunting Halo online games.
Edited by sanni on Jan 3, 2017 at 10:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Neophobia Public Beta Nov 9, 2016 04:42 AM (Total replies: 42)

Time for a small update: Download Neophobia_beta5

I mainly fixed gameplay issues that were present in beta4.

I hope you all will enjoy the map, which also has a really fun race track btw.
And don't forget to visit us @http://tgthegathering.co.uk and join our session that we hold every week.
We only play the best custom maps and always have a full server.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Neophobia Public Beta Aug 15, 2016 05:43 AM (Total replies: 42)

Some moving images:

Edited by sanni on Aug 29, 2016 at 01:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Neophobia Public Beta Aug 13, 2016 11:47 AM (Total replies: 42)

Some CTF routes and their times:

The two fastest routes are with a hog, all the on foot routes take pretty much the same time and are about 10 seconds slower compared to the hog routes.
Ofc you can also combine the routes with each other.

So no matter in which direction you go you should have an enemy encounter after about 15 seconds.

The biggest change compared to beta3 are the added teleporters, 6 in total which should speed up the gameplay on the map quite a bit. I took the inspiration from the teleporter in Ratrace that allows you to jump from one end of the map to the other.

Some of the routes now also have added detail such as small height differences to make the map more interesting and also to separate the on foot routes from the hog routes.

All in all the map now seems like a combination of Cliffhanger, Ratrace and Putput.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Neophobia Public Beta Aug 13, 2016 07:36 AM (Total replies: 42)

I just uploaded beta4 to halomaps.org, so expect a release in the next 6-12 months.

It's also on HAC2 if you prefer to get it today :3
Edited by sanni on Aug 29, 2016 at 03:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Neophobia Public Beta Aug 12, 2016 04:06 PM (Total replies: 42)

Sneak peek:

I hope you like pink

Edited by sanni on Aug 13, 2016 at 09:11 AM

We need your help, Starfox!

Everytime I try to convert this image into a bitmap Tool.exe gives me an alpha channel error .-.

No not the Starfox image ... this one.

The exact error message is:
==> !!WARNING!! bitmap with greater than 1-bit alpha being compressed as DXT1 <==
bitmap created: #512x#256, compressed with color-key transparency, 85K-bytes

So the problem seems that tool tries to save the image as "compressed with color-key transparency" but what I need is "true-color with alpha".
Because the DXT1 compression only allows 1-bit alpha channels but my image has an 8-bit alpha channel. So no compression no problem. At least that is how I understand it :S

Could someone please beat up their Tool.exe until it spits out a bloody bitmap file, thanks a lot

Edit: Well now that I wrote down what I need to do I actually figured it out, you can simply use guerilla to change the transparency. XD

Any tips on how to make the sun look a little bit more real?
Edited by sanni on Aug 10, 2016 at 05:38 PM

That one is perfect :D

Thanks alot :)
It needs a small adjustment:

skynight2 is set to -2100.0 but the bottom/fogplane get's graphical errors once I go below -1000. So it needs to be at -3200 I guess.

With skynight3 the bottom/fogplane is set to -210000.0, which is so low that you can't see it anymore, hopefully just a typo. :P

Also could you please remove the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge planet, but keep the little one. Thanks.

skynight0

So the A50 skybox has the floor at 0, but I need it to be at -2100 and maybe a second version with -3000 just to be sure.
I can't raise the level itself because I already put all the stuff in it with Sapien.
Trying to import the sky's gbxmodel into 3dsmax gave me a sensory overload.

Visualisation:

Need help
Thanks
Edited by sanni on Jul 26, 2016 at 02:20 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A Dilemma May 20, 2016 03:43 PM (Total replies: 3)

Or just: devcam 1

Halo CE General Discussion » how to make poratbale version of halo May 7, 2016 08:14 AM (Total replies: 23)

Combine this with that.
Edited by sanni on May 7, 2016 at 08:18 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Neophobia Public Beta Apr 15, 2016 11:34 AM (Total replies: 42)

I love environmental hazards, even better if there unforeseeable and random. xD
That is as long as the beam emitter doesn't create any lag, in that case I will remove it.

In other news: Neophobia_beta3 is now available on HAC2, I hope it will also be available on halomaps soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSMyeXkKVgc&t=5m48s

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Neophobia Public Beta Apr 3, 2016 05:08 PM (Total replies: 42)

One thing that definitely needs to be added is a teleporter from low to the top again, so when you're on foot low you don't have to walk forever up hill ...

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:33 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website