A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: tonka227
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 17, 2011 06:33 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
tonka227 has contributed to 3 posts out of 469505 total posts (0.00%) in 3,038 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with 3ds max 9 and making maps Aug 17, 2011 06:33 PM (Total replies: 5)

well i can see my map now and the sky and cliffs but my ground looks like snow lol

im just using the tutorial ground bitmap so i think i need to retrace my steps now but i got no errors when using tool so idk

well when i do...tool structure levels\newmap newmap. i get this.. ### warning found nearly coplanar surface (red and green)
Edited by tonka227 on Aug 17, 2011 at 06:44 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with 3ds max 9 and making maps Aug 17, 2011 02:21 AM (Total replies: 5)

thanks that helps alot :)

but after redoing everything still black and purple in sapien :\

but i cant think of anything

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with 3ds max 9 and making maps Aug 17, 2011 01:28 AM (Total replies: 5)

When trying to make maps for the first time its not so bad, but not knowing how to troubleshot 3ds max is something else. when i go to make a box for my map then flip it, the box goes black but if i hide the sides and the top i can get to work. after i am done and i did everything all the same as this guy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS2AH5Coxto

I get into sapien and my map is all black and i can kinda make out the map :\
ive tryed doing radiosity_quality 0 then radiosity_start then saved and still all black.

so im thinkin it has something to do with my 3ds max 9

if you can help that would be great, thanks tonka :)
p.s will take screenpics if needed

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 9:52 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website