A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: wernarner84
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 08:15 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
wernarner84 has contributed to 12 posts out of 467751 total posts (0.00%) in 2,617 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien Game View Window problem Sep 13, 2011 08:15 AM (Total replies: 9)

Yes, I used radiosity_save. Yes, there is a skybox which i gave a +sky to. Yes, I assigned a .sky file in guerilla. Will try turning oft anti-aliasing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien Game View Window problem Sep 12, 2011 07:37 PM (Total replies: 9)

OK, thanks. I'll double-check that.
EDIT: Ugh, I already compiled it into .jms format for chimp. Will I have to start from scratch, or is there some way to convert it back to .gmax format?
Edited by wernarner84 on Sep 12, 2011 at 07:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien Game View Window problem Sep 12, 2011 07:30 PM (Total replies: 9)

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what do you mean by that? I am following Yayap_The_Grunt's custom map tutorial, and I don't recall a +sky material. I added the .sky file to the map in Guerilla, and I'm using Gmax for a 3d modeling program. Are you referring to something in 3ds max?

Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien Game View Window problem Sep 12, 2011 06:26 PM (Total replies: 9)

I have been going through the process of making a custom map(just a basic one). Everything has worked fine, up until now. I try to open my map's .scenario file in sapien, and Sapien itself opens fine. The "Game View" window is simply a black screen. The console works, and I can run radiosity, but when I do, instead of the numbers in the top-left counting down to 0, they start at 0.00000 and don't change. Nothing ever shows up except the console and a black screen. I have checked and double-checked that my map has a .sky file. I can open the tutorial.scenario just fine. Anyone else run into this problem, or know how to fix it?

Halo CE General Discussion » HEKPlus Won't Launch Aug 22, 2011 07:03 PM (Total replies: 18)

Yes, that opened fine. Let me double-check that my map has a sky...
EDIT: Yes, my map has a .sky file selected in guerilla. I can open the tutorial.scenario just fine. Is this a problem with my map?
Edited by wernarner84 on Aug 22, 2011 at 07:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HEKPlus Won't Launch Aug 21, 2011 09:22 PM (Total replies: 18)

I just redownloaded the microsoft .net framework 4 and selected repair. Maybe this will help...
EDIT: I have just discovered that Sapien also dislikes me. It will open my custom map scenario just fine, but the game view window where the map is supposed to appear is just a black screen, even after I run radiosity. Also, when I type "radiosity_start", the numbers are already at 0, even though they're supposed to count down. Yes, I gave the map a sky. Is this a more common problem?
Edited by wernarner84 on Aug 21, 2011 at 09:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HEKPlus Won't Launch Aug 21, 2011 01:56 PM (Total replies: 18)

I download the december 06 version, which was the latest I saw on this site. Is there a newer version, and if there is, can someone link me to it?

Halo CE General Discussion » HEKPlus Won't Launch Aug 21, 2011 08:10 AM (Total replies: 18)

Anyone? I've run it from the CE directory, compatibility mode for each one you guys suggested, disable desktop composition and visual themes, and I have the .NET framework installed, latest version.

Halo CE General Discussion » HEKPlus Won't Launch Aug 20, 2011 08:01 AM (Total replies: 18)

I already have it installed and the latest version.
EDIT: Do you have to have it in the Halo Custom Edition directory, or can you just run it from the desktop? Because I'm running it from the desktop...
Edited by wernarner84 on Aug 20, 2011 at 08:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HEKPlus Won't Launch Aug 19, 2011 08:27 PM (Total replies: 18)

Yes, I meant that you need HEK+ to extract tags from maps, one of the main functions of HEK. Does anyone have a solution?

Halo CE General Discussion » HEKPlus Won't Launch Aug 19, 2011 08:13 PM (Total replies: 18)

Where'd I hear what?

Halo CE General Discussion » HEKPlus Won't Launch Aug 19, 2011 07:54 PM (Total replies: 18)

I recently installed Halo Custom Edition and HEK, then found out you needed HEKPlus in order for HEK to work. So I installed the latest version I could find(I think it was 2007) and it will not start up. I have changed the properties to compatibility mode and disabled desktop composition, but when I attempt to open HEKPlus.exe, as Admin or regular user, nothing happens except a "HEKPlus.exe has stopped working, Windows is searching for a solution to the problem..." that returns nothing. I am running Windows 7 32-bit on an HP laptop. Halo CE and HEK run fine. I have reinstalled HEKPlus twice. Is this a problem, or did I just make some obvious mistake? I'm new to this kind of thing...

Time: Mon October 15, 2018 8:22 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website