A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: x0v3rKiLx
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 12, 2011 03:50 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Cry some moar...
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
x0v3rKiLx has contributed to 23 posts out of 469494 total posts (0.00%) in 3,030 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 12, 2011 03:50 PM (Total replies: 155)

Quote: --- Original message by: Noble
If you want to create the "most amazing mod ever", you should consider extending this deadline, because its not going to turn out well rushing it.

Nov. 15 is reasonable if I continue to work at the pace I'm working at. Everything can and will be finished by then. Before all else, this must come out on the 10th Anniversary, bar none. It's do-able, as long as I stay the course.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 11, 2011 12:06 PM (Total replies: 155)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars

Lolwut since when did forerunner have human house bricks for floors
Edited by Cheddars on Oct 11, 2011 at 08:20 AM

Hey don't like it? Make something better...

I won't say this again. I'm one man working on short time (A Nov. 15th - Tenth Anniversary deadline), limited support, no custom content creation ability, and no material more than an assortment of unprotected maps and Eschaton.

I challenge ANYONE, under the same circumstances, to do better. Do so, and I'll hush up. Until then, I will overlook all such insensitive critiques. Consider my resources and THEN critique my work accordingly. I am open to constructive criticism from people who see things from MY perspective FIRST. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Oct 11, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 10, 2011 12:16 AM (Total replies: 155)

Quote: --- Original message by: Noble
Which Reach weapons don't you have?

I have the Reach:

DMR
Assault Rifle
Shotgun
Magnum
Plasma Launcher
Grenade Launcher
Target Locator
Energy Sword
Frag/Plasma Grenades

So to answer your question:

The sniper rifle I have right now has a Reach scope but a H3 upper/lower receiver. I wouldn't mind a new Reach sniper tag.

I like the Covenant weapons the way they are, being Halo 3 models. I didn't like the Reach needler's shaders or appearance, and I like the juicier blue on the H3 plasma rifle. The plasma pistol I have is from H3: ODST, personally my favorite plasma pistol model. It looks nicer than the Reach one again IMO.

For the campaign, I'm not adding Reach weapons. You won't see any weapon in the campaign that wasn't in the original game. So you wont see pistols replaced with DMRs. H1 AR's get dumped for Reach AR's. Pistols get swapped for Reach magnums, and so on.

Only in multiplayer would you see Reach-exclusive weapons like the pro-pipe and the Needle Rifle (which come to think of it, I don't have)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 10, 2011 12:07 AM (Total replies: 155)

Quote: --- Original message by: Wesker
if you guys didnt read this was suppose to be a community thing
its a collaboration project, and im sure he will credit the rightful creators of tags

- Remastered bitmaps for any or all maps in the campaign and multiplayer. If you are able, I'd appreciate it that you send me a map with the bitmaps for that map already there. All the other custom content would then be built onto that map. Bitmaps, for me, are the first step in making the campaign and multiplayer look new. That, my friends, is the springboard.

- Remastered NPC bipeds, including Keyes, the Marines, Cortana, the Covenant, the Flood, EVERYTHING AND/OR ANYTHING that can be modded.

- A few Halo 2 map ports for CE. Some of the larger maps are preferred, but whatever you can do is appreciated!

Let's put our creative heads together and make this the most amazing mod ever! Anyone interested, keep this thread going! :)

why you guys gotta be so worked up on pride you forgot about the power in working as a community

Turns out, I just mucked around mod download sites, downloaded a bunch of different unprotected mods, took notes as to who published them, and combined them into what I have so far.

I keep a RUNNING LIST of anyone who's content I use to be turned into a credit/dedication section of the mod's read me file and official release note.

Quote: --- Original message by: disturbed
No its not, in the swamp video, which is more recent, it uses the original halo CE assault rifle.
https://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=63306914&postRepeater1-p=1
The reach weapons were basically placeholders.

I felt the Reach weapons fit better. Halo CE takes place minutes after Reach ends. I think its better to have them using the same armaments as the UNSC on Reach instead of them getting some last-minute mystery gifts from Misriah Armory just prior to the Autumn's blastoff from Reach. It makes no sense, and it creates a Star Wars: Episode 1 style tangent if you ask me.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Oct 10, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 9, 2011 11:58 PM (Total replies: 155)

I do what I can in terms of the appearance of the game. As for the Reach weapons, that's what was in the original CEA, in case nobody actually has SEEN it...yes the anims are still CE, but the models themselves are Reach-ish. The Reach AR is in there, all you have to do is watch the SC gameplay for all of 10 seconds.

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
I find it looks nice, except for the rectangular textures in one part. Isn't forerunnery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEuCT3kSH_s

Skip to a part at 1:14 where the muzzle flash illuminates the floor. This is direct from Halo CEA. Yes, my textures are rectangular. Theirs are hexagonal. Point being, tiled floors are not non-"forerunnery".

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I think it's cool

When I saw "CMT SPv3 Team Leader", I can honestly say that your comment might change my mind. Coming from somebody heading up probably the largest and most popular mod in the Halo community...that REALLY means alot. Thanks.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Oct 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Oct 9, 2011 08:53 PM (Total replies: 155)

Project cancelled due to majority negative opinion. Waste of time on my part.

P.S.: CMT SPv1-3 were created by dozens of people armed with the latest battery of modding tools and talents. I'm a single novice modder with 0 custom content creation ability. I have only unprotected maps, Eschaton, and my noggin to work with.

Want a better mod? Pull it out the crack of your ass.

/thread.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Oct 9, 2011 at 08:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 17, 2011 03:20 PM (Total replies: 155)

Mods, please lock this thread. Sorry for the flame war. Didn't think an OP so benign as mine could start one, but I guess that's in the past.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 17, 2011 at 03:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 17, 2011 03:08 PM (Total replies: 155)

I give up. To Dennis and any other mod on here, you can lock this up if you want to to stop the flame war. I'm done with this thread. 70 replies back and forth and little to no progress or gain. Unreal.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 17, 2011 at 03:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 17, 2011 11:24 AM (Total replies: 155)

Alright then. I'm just ignoring further posts from Amazingcuziam, seeing as nothing constructive will come from it. I encourage everyone to do the same. Now...

Saying "do it yourself" won't help. I do not know how to rip from a 360 disc to the PC, and I do not have the time to now mount such a project. I need existing work to build on top of, and that means I need a campaign map with bitmaps ALREADY in place there. H3 Style Campaign v1 (I assume v1 is the one that's up for download now on the site already), is the best set I've seen. I'm trying vigorously to contact Zigadirasu about him being willing to provide his maps unprotected. For me, that's the first step, bar none.

On the other end, all I really need from you guys is a map with wave-style Firefight, and 1-2 Halo 2 map ports for CE. That's pretty much it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 17, 2011 03:38 AM (Total replies: 155)

@ Xoronatus

Sort of, I am aiming for a continuous wave-based system by which enemies continuously respawn (but not as they die, rather in groups to simulate firefight better). However, yes that's a good a30 build from the looks of it. If you don't mind, I'll make a note of your work and I might call on it again in the future. Considering it has no custom content, that would be good for making my job easier of importing MY custom content.

@ Amazingcuziam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w

There's something called a Universal Binary. You should explore that option...before you know...crying "defeat" and calling me a liar out of nowhere.

As for Custom Edition, I have a Win7 partition on my Mac and CE runs JUST FINE on there. ATM, we don't need Bungie or 343i to "support" Custom Edition. The program works just fine.

Honestly I think there are just some people on these forums trying to MAKE UP excuses to say this can't be done for whatever stupid reasons they have. I am seeing a void being formed by the total absence of logic in some of these posts....honestly.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 16, 2011 08:52 PM (Total replies: 155)

Not to sound pompous, as I do have my limits but...with the exception of those 3 core requests, I can do EVERYTHING that needs to happen for this mod to come together. Again, all I need is

- Updated bitmaps contained within respective campaign and/or multiplayer map files.
- 1 or 2 Halo 2 map ports for CE.
- A Firefight map.

Other than that, I already have pretty much everything I need. Just give me the basic map files, and I'll handle the rest and inject the potpourri of mods that I already have collected already.

And yes, Jaz hit the nail on the head with what I'm trying to accomplish here.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 16, 2011 04:36 PM (Total replies: 155)

Thats a very negative and crude way of putting it. I see it more as the ideas and creativity of multiple people coming together to form one mod celebrating a decade of Halo.

But to each his own.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 16, 2011 02:55 PM (Total replies: 155)

From what I'm gathering (your username in particular), you be hatin', sir.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 16, 2011 at 02:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 16, 2011 10:55 AM (Total replies: 155)

Alright, thanks for the pointers in any event. And I know that, but I don't have Custom Edition. All I can do to really import CE tags is use Harbinger to convert maps to Halo Full and THEN edit them on my Mac partition using Eschaton. Which is why i was hoping to take unprotected versions of "H3 Style Campaign" and transplant my tags over what i didn't want to keep. I saw that H3 Campaign had updated bipeds as well, including some gorgeous ones for the different Flood combat forms. That's why I've been so ardent in my pursuit of that set. And CMT SPV1 is protected as well. I need to know where I can get that unprotected.

And I may actually want to do a SP>MP convert, depending on whether or not I find a suitable existing H1 MP map to program for Firefight. HCE will have firefight on A30 BSP# 2, so I'm tossed up between following suit or by doing something unique. I'm leaning towards doing something unique, since that's already the established mantra of this project, frankly. So I may call on your skills in that area.

Thanks for being on board with this. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 16, 2011 10:36 AM (Total replies: 155)

All unprotected? And as for H3 Campaign, what would you recommend?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 16, 2011 09:56 AM (Total replies: 155)

Well I'm not saying "engine" in the programming sense of the word, I'm more or less just saying the core ELEMENTS that go INTO programming "Firefight" for CE. That's all I need. The rest of the data, I already have, so it would be a cakewalk to transplant it into the map then.

And I was looking at the bitmaps/bipeds used for Zigadirasu's "Halo 3 Style Campaign" set. Unfortunately, that mod pack is protected, and all the tags are thus not modifiable. If anyone HAS an unprotected version of the set, that would be my premier option. Otherwise, there are other possibilities to explore, either through using CMT's campaign bitmaps, or something else.

I was thinking Ivory Tower, Sanctuary, or Coag. Any 2 of those 3 would be great.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 16, 2011 09:26 AM (Total replies: 155)

Okay, I grow tired of trying to explain myself over and over again. So this will be the LAST time...

This will NOT include CEA content. I am not INTERESTED in CEA content. What 343i does with CEA is their business. What I want THIS Anniversary for the PC/MAC to be is a collaboration of modding talent from around the community coalesced into one singular tribute to 10 years of Halo.

The mod will feature content made entirely BY USERS, FOR USERS. Not official content ripped off a disc and billed as something new. I WANT this CEA to be different, because I think user-made content is the real legacy of the game, not the modernized interpretations of environments and scenery on the part of 343i.

All I'm asking for is some updated bitmaps (Don't tell me that hasn't been done...), a map with a Firefight engine (DO NOT tell me that hasn't been done.), and a few Halo 2 maps made for CE (REALLY DO NOT tell me that hasn't been done!)

Not asking for much. I understand that you originally thought i was talking about ripping CEA tags and content, but by now, after what is probably my THIRD or FOURTH explanation of this...I expected to be understood with a bit more clarity.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 15, 2011 07:38 PM (Total replies: 155)

Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Oct 9, 2011 at 08:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 15, 2011 03:42 PM (Total replies: 155)

This will not be marketed, bought, sold, rented, etc.! This is simply a massive MOD. Think CMT's version of the Campaign, just on a scale that encompasses the Campaign, Multiplayer, and adds in a Firefight map. Nothing I'm undertaking is new.

People have been modding Halo and adding in custom content for YEARS...that's the whole point of this website! All of a sudden we have to pore through EULA's and worry about being sued for all we're worth? What's this irrational fear about? It's a mod for Pete's sake -____-

And the task is not as titanic as you think. I've already completed a CEA style mod and released it for the Halo Demo/Trial. It's do-able. Entirely. I just need people to help me fill in the gaps with content I have ALREADY SEEN available for download here.

I'm asking for custom NPC bipeds, new bitmaps, and a few Halo 2 maps converted for Halo CE. I am not asking for something new. I'm asking for us as a community to put our heads together, bring our specialties and our talents to the table, and then I will do a majority of the work, coalescing everything together (as I have done before with the CEA mod for Halo Demo like I said) into one beautiful masterpiece that is the culmination of all of our work.

But to do that, we need to get past these stubborn inquiries into things such as copyright. Really...in all my years I've never seen people jump the gun and cry "lawsuit" like I have here. I kinda thought custom user-made content is what they made Custom Edition for...

Or is that just a legal trap designed to reel in money for Bungie via mass lawsuits against eager moddders? -_-

Cmon guys..

P.S. - I updated (in my OP) what I'm looking for in terms of bitmaps. I contacted the creator of H3 Style Campaign since I loved the look of what he did in terms of structures and bitmaps and all, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

If anyone has an unprotected version of H3 Style Campaign, I'd love to use that as the base map for the mod. Those have the best custom bitmaps I've seen. CMT campaign would be good as well, but there's too much custom content i'd need to REMOVE. It makes using the CMT campaign way too inefficient and illogical.
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 15, 2011 at 03:46 PM
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 15, 2011 at 03:47 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: CE Anniversary on PC/Mac Sep 15, 2011 10:10 AM (Total replies: 155)

Didn't think I'd start a whole debate...so let me clarify...

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RIPPING CEA TAGS STRAIGHT FROM THE DISC.

HALO: ANNIVERSARY FOR THE MAC/PC WILL BE A TOTAL CONVERSION MOD CONSISTING OF COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT AND PUBLIC USER-CREATED CONTENT. IT WILL CONTAIN USER-CREATED BITMAPS, USER-CREATED BIPEDS, USER-CREATED WEAPON TAGS, USER-CREATED EVERYTHING. NOTHING THAT WILL BE USED IN THIS MOD IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF 343i OR BUNGIE, THEREFORE IT IS JUST AS LEGAL (I mean come on, who really thought it was illegal...) AS ANY OTHER MOD ON THIS SITE.

*Deep breath* Are we all clear now? I'm looking to combine the talents of multiple modders to create a total conversion mod to give the EXISTING game a whole new Anniversary-ISH feel. This mod will come in the form of new maps, bitmaps, and UI files. Not a whole new APP.

So many people are talking about how there should be a PC Anniversary, so I want to give that to them. I just want to know who's willing to knock heads together and really make something epic. Like CMT's remade campaign, except we'd be remixing the whole shebang. Ya follow now?
Edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 7:43 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website