A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: TM_updates
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 3, 2012 11:23 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Superior to you, Superior Musclez near Brussels

Post Statistics
TM_updates has contributed to 1392 posts out of 469392 total posts (.30%) in 2,975 days (.47 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Sep 3, 2012 11:23 AM (Total replies: 1793)

Even when I PM them myself they can't keep it there lmfao. No hope for Delicon, Jaz and Caboose.
Without argument I think it's safe to say they should have their own treehut, and they could like hang a sign on it "no smart people allowed".

Lmfao.

Anyways, as I like having the last word I will now retire the TM_Updates account permanently and take a break from the halomaps forum until we release episode two very soon. That means I won't read any responses or personal attacks anymore, effectively eliminating the need for them. After all, if I am the problem then taking me away for awhile should calm things down right :-)

Now, you kids be nice. And enjoy Lumoria Episode 2 when it hits the virtual shelves :-)

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Sep 3, 2012 01:55 AM (Total replies: 1793)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Quote: --- Original message by: Caboose 14

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Alright sorry, we'll not use a credits list. Now CMT can stop the potential copying of our idea :-)

Hhhhmmmm...Something tells me what i said didn't get through at all...
Edited by Caboose 14 on Sep 2, 2012 at 07:02 PM

did you honestly expect it to?

You two aren't the brightest bunnies in town éh. Don't post junk like that again when you do not understand what you're talking about. I know hating on me is all you kids have to do these days, so let me tell you something.

Back in my day, kids played outside. We built tree-huts and played football (soccer for the yanks). Bashing people on the internet was not part of our "repertoire". We showed respect for other people, and could understand the subtleties behind an argument without resorting to low personal attacks.

Caboose14, you're better than this, and I did not expect you to stoop to the same level as Delicon.

And if those hormones still are bugging you, why not use a PM? Caboose, I have PM'd you on this matter to illustrate how it is done. I expect you to use this tool in the future when you feel the need to vent yourself. As for Delicon, I have advised him to do the same in the past. Clearly my advice was ill-constructed, for shame.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Sep 2, 2012 06:53 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Alright sorry, we'll not use a credits list. Now CMT can stop the potential copying of our idea :-)

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Sep 2, 2012 06:20 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
You know CMT SPV1 had custom credits, that look very similar to this. I'd be terribly disappointed if you copied us.

thats fantastic, so did practically ever game known to man

get out of the thread if your going to start crap, i dont want this thread turning into another crappy debate like all the others

He's just trying to make a point to Lodex, who is arrogantly stating that CMT's copying TM.

Plus Lodex posted in the CMT thread and turned it into a stupid debate. :/

Anyway, Matthew, if you've done the credits, does that mean everything's finished now? Because you can't do the credits until you know everyone who's contributing, and in a project like this, you can't know who's contributing until the very last second.

Haha no I did not "arrogantly" state that.
I was inquiring about the possibility, not "stating".

Ah brains, a rarity these days indeed :-)

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 2, 2012 03:39 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Blind man's eyes.

We are on the internet after all lodey. Being deaf means nothing. Everything is done via text. Therefore, I AM NOT YELLING. I was just typing in all capital letters.

Feel free to ignore everything after this sentence. Or this entire post really.

And yes, anything put into this game regardless of who "copyrighted" it belongs to M$. Big whoop. Who cares if people borrow other peoples ideas. Lummy has some ideas I have had and I merely comment that I had the idea. Not start an argument. (Although it seems to usually turn into one...?) (Oh and please, please, PLEASE do not get mad over this post and make "bad things happen")

And I like how Mast3rz used profanity in his picture. Nice touch.

And while talking about weapon combos, I use shotty/sniper. Seems to work really well while fighting flood and covies.

Brace yourself for this is going to get nasty...
Wimhair.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 2, 2012 01:32 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Deaf man's ears.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 2, 2012 01:00 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Lodex, face it, you've already copied Bungie's ideas by even modding Halo. CMT can do whatever they want with your ideas now, especially since any copyright you could possibly place upon your ideas are owned by Microsoft and thus available to any consumers of those Microsoft products you mod.

Ofc they can do what they want.
I'm just stating that it'd be lame IF it's a direct copy of our thing. That's not even confirmed so it's very possible nothing lame is going on. You kids need to stop blowing things out of proportion. It's very simple too, you don't reply to things you know nothing of. But I know some of you do not understand this notion, and thus I am aware that me repeating this will follow in deaf man's ears.

And lol, using HEK does not mean you copy bungie, you simply might use some of their assets or be inspired by them. There's always a certain creative element that modders and/or mappers introduce themselves. When copying other people their ideas shamelessly though, that is simply just lame. Technically there is nothing wrong with it, but morally it is simply lame.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 2, 2012 12:34 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Trollish behaviour. You people need to stop starting arguments when I do not speak to you.
You can let the person who is adressed either answer or not answer.

It is a very simple concept. Brains, ah how the worls could use some more.
This to me indicates that a zombie outbreak would not be a serious problem in our world, as most people would be left alone :-)

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 2, 2012 12:13 PM (Total replies: 12123)

"Evil turret" sounds véry similar to something you saw in the lumoria beta we let you play.
I'm hoping that you didn't steal that idea, but then I see your avatar quote.

Would be disapointing indeed.

Halo CE General Discussion » RELEASE - Halo CE Script Extractor Sep 2, 2012 04:53 AM (Total replies: 11)

Thanks for releasing, what a great evolution for halomaps coders!!

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Sep 1, 2012 11:43 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Stop shading bro.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Sep 1, 2012 05:06 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: ShadowSpartan

Damn you're such a moron Masterz :p
I was merely applauding the change in mentality of recent programmers, if you and Shadow seek an argument behind that then that just means you guys are looking for trouble where there isn't any.

You weren't applauding anything. Yet again you are living in a dream world and making up lies to make yourself seem right. You stated "If only past "programmers" had your great sharing mentality!". You were not applauding anyone, you were criticizing other programmers, and I have no doubt that it was a direct jab at myself. You did not even know at that point I had given him some information, so how were you applauding anyone? Are you that afraid to own up to what you truly meant? If so, I suppose you will come back calling me an idiot or a moron, further reinforcing the idea that you need to grow up and stop acting like a child.

Although if you feel targeted for some reason, then take this as a lesson in life. Sharing and helping people gets you somewhere, creating nice things and hording it is really just dumb and will keep you at bay :-)

Another jab, grow up. You are not high on top of some moral pedestal, it's quite the opposite in my opinion.

It's safe to say that Gravemind is getting alot of thanks and respect for his work and his mentality, if you guys somehow feel "attacked" by that then look in the mirror and ask yourself why you feel attacked. I did not mention any names nor did I try to instigate an argument :-)

See above, that was clearly a jab at others, including myself.

Long answer short: deal with it! Don't hate the poster, hate the post's content :-)

That makes no sense, there would be no content if it wasn't for the poster.
Edited by ShadowSpartan on Aug 31, 2012 at 09:07 PM

Why do you keep seperately quoting things from such a short post. I had already divided my post into alineas, which should have made it easy for you to reply to my post alinea per alinea, instead of having to create a messy quoting job.

Because of your messy post, I will not bother to clean it up.

I will teach you something about human psychology by means of an example. By means of your example.

What happens when Shadey enters this thread? He sees a post by Lodeman, and before even having read his post his blood already starts boiling a little bit, because Shadey does not like the Lodeman despite his pattented awesomeness. This puts Shadey in a negative state of mind.

Next Shadey starts actualy reading Lodeman's post. But due to his negative state of mind he immediately interprets Lodeman's post as a personal attack, despite the fact that all Lodeman's post was adressing was that in general, it was too bad that most past programmers did not have other people have nice things. Even though there is nothing wrong with that post. Just like there is nothing wrong with wishing there was world peace.

No jabs, its just human psychology 101. I think my first reply spoke for itself, if you felt attacked by my post then it is very simply due to your own state of mind, and your own thoughts about yourself (since you linked the description of the post to your own principles apparently, note that this is clear by you replying in an angry way, and that these are not actually my words despite the ironic fact that I am indeed typing these very words).

In conclusion I think it's safe to say that Shadeys gonna shade.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Aug 31, 2012 07:34 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Blowing up stuff is always a good idea :-)
Congrats with Celtic btw!

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Aug 31, 2012 07:18 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Lol there will be no planets blowing up :-)

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Aug 31, 2012 07:16 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I know! Clearly you were talking about that other programmer guy who you spend half a thread arguing with about how he doesn't share.

Damn you're such a moron Masterz :p
I was merely applauding the change in mentality of recent programmers, if you and Shadow seek an argument behind that then that just means you guys are looking for trouble where there isn't any.

Although if you feel targeted for some reason, then take this as a lesson in life. Sharing and helping people gets you somewhere, creating nice things and hording it is really just dumb and will keep you at bay :-)

It's safe to say that Gravemind is getting alot of thanks and respect for his work and his mentality, if you guys somehow feel "attacked" by that then look in the mirror and ask yourself why you feel attacked. I did not mention any names nor did I try to instigate an argument :-)

Long answer short: deal with it! Don't hate the poster, hate the post's content :-)
Edited by TM_updates on Aug 31, 2012 at 07:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Aug 31, 2012 12:23 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Damn Shadow, I wasn't even talking to you xD
Let it go man, let it go.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Aug 31, 2012 12:20 PM (Total replies: 1627)

@Gonzo
Is it just me or is that structure just a mash-up of the Beach Assault structure + the Spire from "Halo" + the Halo Reach Forge bridge thing?

Like it looks exactly like those 3 bits stuck together.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Aug 31, 2012 12:06 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows
Why don't you have a small version of the planet, and then blow it up?

Has nobody on your team thought of that?

Except that you don't know what the explosion is actually for, lol.
Besides, our explosion has been made and its awesome :-)

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Aug 31, 2012 01:01 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Fantastic work. If only past "programmers" had your great sharing mentality! What a world we would have!

Halo CE General Discussion » RipCord Construction Aug 30, 2012 04:57 PM (Total replies: 98)

Hey Kip, I made Halo 4 and will be selling it for profit.
Unfortunately I can't give it out to anyone.

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 7:03 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website