A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: xXThePlague1Xx
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 05:23 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
xXThePlague1Xx has contributed to 16 posts out of 468613 total posts (0.00%) in 2,788 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How can I stop the pinging! Nov 20, 2011 05:23 PM (Total replies: 10)

You Could Use peerguardian to see witch ip's are sending you a crapton of traffic, and then manually ad that ip to your blocklist.

That would stop him :) , but you might not be able to connect to that server while hes in it.

E: Oh and hes talking about a DOS (Denial Of Service) Attack.
Edited by xXThePlague1Xx on Nov 20, 2011 at 05:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Why is Halo so innefficient? Nov 18, 2011 10:02 PM (Total replies: 29)

Masters your fps got a boost cus W7 is a phat memory hog lol. :)

Anyway idk why Halos running "slower", but I think Nvidia cards have special drivers & settings for new games that give them an edge over ATI (ATI Keeps up with brute power :) ). So maybe Halos to old to have those? Also somebody already posted about decal issues with later Nvidia Cards.

So It could be anything, but your system should have enough Horsepower to run it just fine.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA Discussion Nov 17, 2011 05:20 PM (Total replies: 61)

I agree with Bobblehob, considering that 343 had to stay within the constraints of the original game, having to reverse engineer the music (cant get any better than skywalker sound, hands down lol) , & with the duel graphics engine I give them a 10/10.

btw for anybody with texture, low frame rate, sound, or freezing problems just install to HDD, Thats what fixed it for me anyway. (I think its a DVD Drive issue)

Halo CE General Discussion » Needle rifle ? Nov 12, 2011 12:01 PM (Total replies: 48)

Yea What he said ^^^, but if you want to spend time editing every biped just to get it to work go right ahead.

Meanwhile I'd rather work on the "almost perfect" method, I don't need an exact replica.

Halo CE General Discussion » Needle rifle ? Nov 6, 2011 04:11 PM (Total replies: 48)

An Idea I have is maybe make it a burst weapon (3 projectiles in each) on the third burst you get a supercombine explosive, then make the projectiles so close together that it looks like one, only problem is the needle sticking out of there body might look weird.

Though there might be a way to fix that to.

Just an idea.

Halo CE General Discussion » Needle rifle ? Nov 6, 2011 03:53 PM (Total replies: 48)

Could you be more specific about why it "CANT" be replicated?

As far as I know you can.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Requiem Oct 27, 2011 01:14 AM (Total replies: 63)

Wow Very Nice Map Dude 10/10.

BTW I didnt think the falling distance was bad at all, I mean who intentionally jumps off the map any way lol.

Very Nice sky box TO!! VERY!!! VERY!!! Beautiful background. Animated would be nice but it really isnt needed.

Flashlight does not flicker, win-xp 32bit sp3, ATI Radeon HD 4350, with latest DX9 & ATI Catalyst Drivers.

Could Be a Driver Issue? just a suggestion.

Look dude the problems that you keep having are not from compatibility issues.

There from corrupted tags kk, so you need to figure out what tags are fraged, and get new ones from a different source.
You need a new source for those tags cus obviously the one/ones you'v been using don't work (you could try the tags pack download section here http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=1&sid=33 ).
BTW I REALLY REALLY HATE USING HEK+ For ripping tags as almost always some of them are corrupted.

Unfortunately I don't remember how to figure out which ones are fraged, made somebody here can help you with that.

I myself have not had to worry about such a problem for years, as I have a complete tagset. (thats why I don't remember how to figure out which ones are corrupted LOL anyway)

I would have uploaded it by now but my internet sucks something horrible.

Good Luck & Try not to beat your head on the wall.

Edit: I forgot the base HEK Install DOES NOT!! include the single player tags, So reinstalling it WILL NOT HELP ANY!!.

You'll need to get the single player tags.
Edited by xXThePlague1Xx on Oct 19, 2011 at 02:39 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » La River Aqueducts? Oct 17, 2011 01:11 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hey if your worried about lighting, ive got a suggestion or 2.

Just use glowing algae/moss or somthing (a swomp environment would be cool)
then you could use aether for better lightmaps (dynamic lights & stuff in 3ds max)

Oh you'll definitely have to widen things out, you dont have to make it exactly like real life anyway.

hope that gives you some ideas.

later bro good luck.
Edited by xXThePlague1Xx on Oct 17, 2011 at 01:17 PM

Thanks Ill go try that.

That actually doesn't sound weird at all, that would make sense and I never would have thought of it.

Thanks for teaching me something new. :)

Ok I'm trying to create a script for a single player map that checks the difficulty, and if its set to hard or impossible to spawn certain weapons and vehicles.

But it keeps giving me syntax errors. I've spent 2 days now trying to fix it, using the scripting bible and zteams campaign scripts as references (plus google). To no avail this is really starting to annoy me, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Here's what I've got :

(script startup spawn_weapons
(if (= (game_difficulty_get )normal )(wake spawn_destroy))
(if (= (game_difficulty_get )hard )(wake spawn_anew))
(if (= (game_difficulty_get )impossible )(wake spawn_anew))
)

(script dormant spawn_destroy
(object_destroy 6_sht_1)
(object_destroy 6_sht_2)
(object_destroy 6_sht_3)
)

(script dormant spawn_anew
(object_create_anew 6_sht_1)
(object_create_anew 6_sht_2)
(object_create_anew 6_sht_3)
)

And this Is the error that sapien gives me :

09.29.11 15:46:50 [Spawn_Weapons line 2] this is not a valid script name.: spawn_destroy))
09.29.11 15:46:50 recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
09.29.11 15:46:50 [Spawn_Weapons line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script startup spawn_weapons

now i have tried many different things but i cant figure it out, its probably really simple but IDK.
Please bear in mind I have no experience with halo scripting.

Halo CE General Discussion » Command Prompt? Sep 8, 2011 10:04 AM (Total replies: 20)

Yes like Dennis said just add a pause to the end.

unfortunately I forgot to add that in my post sry all. :(

edit: very nice .vbs script btw.
Edited by xXThePlague1Xx on Sep 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM

General Machinima Discussions » Video Editing Sep 7, 2011 11:21 AM (Total replies: 2)

Um you could use avidemux from here: http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

you use it to cut or paste video export audio and some other things, but i wouldn't use it for video encoding, i'd use something way better than that trust me.

But the stable release sometimes has trouble with syncing audio with some formats, the better working one is a nightly build IE BETA. sometimes you get error messages, but it syncs audio just fine now.

get it from here: http://avidemux.org/nightly/

be sure to download the one for your system IE win32/win64

oh and make sure you download the regular package not the devel (developers) pack.

you will also need winrar or 7-zip to open it.

you run it from the avidemux3_qt4.exe program in the release folder.
Edited by xXThePlague1Xx on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Edited by xXThePlague1Xx on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Command Prompt? Sep 7, 2011 11:07 AM (Total replies: 20)

Um guys you do know that you all are doing it the hard way, well maybe except for "bobbysoon".

Anyway the easy way is to create a batch script in your halo ce directory, IE: right click, create new txt (text) file, rename to tool.bat or whatever as long as you've got .bat as the extension, then right click again and click edit, and type these three lines: Line1: tool.exe Line2: CMD.exe Line3: exit, Click save.

by this method you can create a shortcut to it from anywhere, and every time you start it up it gives you a list of commands to use with tool.

Oh and just in case, you will still have to type in the commands in the prompt, this just makes it a little easier.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod Sep 5, 2011 06:25 PM (Total replies: 793)

Oh, well thats not what I expected. I didn't even know about "texmod" till you mentioned it, thanks for the reply though.

Ill definitely have to ask him then. Compiling them is no problem, it's just making the textures that is. I cant photoshop for the life of me.

Anyway he probably wont release them though, not many modders release there stuff like that.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod Sep 2, 2011 05:46 PM (Total replies: 793)

Hey I got a question for ya. Are you going to release your mod as files/tags to replace, and compile maps for are selves, or are you going to release actual maps to download?

cus I would totally like the tags/files way more than maps, that way I can incorporate them in my own personal mods.

I don't release my mods to anyone, at least not yet (it's more of a hobby).
If I ever do Ill always give credit where it's due, with permission of course.

Oh and I don't think you should add new vehicles, bipeds, weapons, or really anything.
Just re-texture cus there's to many halo2/3/Reach copy's/mods around, and to little good old fashioned Halo 1 enhancements, though custom lightmaps would be nice but I can do that myself.

So keep it up buddy, I know how much work your doing. Take all the time you need.

Time: Sat April 20, 2019 1:23 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website