A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ChBgt909
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 21, 2014 01:41 AM
Interests: guitar, soccer, video games
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo 1 and 2, crysis 1 and 2, resident evil 4 and 5, dead space
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
ChBgt909 has contributed to 717 posts out of 469380 total posts (.15%) in 2,959 days (.24 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Jul 21, 2014 01:41 AM (Total replies: 402)

love it!

Halo CE General Discussion » Garden and Aquarii Feb 6, 2014 05:33 PM (Total replies: 69)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
I like that you have created your own style. It's unique.

Thanks man! How have you been?

I've got a special something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TravAXZ2C1A

Essentially caustics working in CE. Didn't take a whole lot of effort and I actually tried this a while ago for Lumoria but never got the results I wanted, but some extra thinking always does wonders! As you can see its fully animated and everything. Needs some polish, but it does the job done right.

For anyone who wants to know how its done:

I essentially made a cubemap consisting of the same caustics texture on all 6 sides, then used two light (.light tag) animated in different ways (You add the cube + animation in the gel section). You also have to make sure its pretty big, is dynamic, and both cutoff angles are 180 (Not exactly sure, but this is how the b30 gel is set up.)

If you notice under the gel section in the light there is two cubemaps you can add. For whatever reason, you can't have both at the same time and is pretty much essential to get what you want. So thats why you gotta use both, and just attach both to a scenery file. If you want to look for more reference look up the b30 folder levels\b30\devices\interior-tech-objects\holo control room display.

oh so you used a cubemap in a light tag! but (i might be missing something) how did you managed to keep the dynamic lighting away from the rest of the tunnels?
as far as i know, dynamic lights can go through walls and objects alike, so how did you keep the caustics just in the room with the big window? just keeping low lighting radius/intensity?

AMAZING MAP! btw :P

Edited by ChBgt909 on Feb 6, 2014 at 05:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » It continues to happen... Feb 6, 2014 05:17 PM (Total replies: 18)

glad to see my sky tags in that list :)

soon people will be able to use the sky i made for my map imposing :)

~edit~
i think a friend of mine uploaded a map but i don't see it in the list, i'll let him know
Edited by ChBgt909 on Feb 6, 2014 at 05:18 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » TM MAPPING TEAM ARCHIVES Jan 15, 2014 08:46 PM (Total replies: 25)

wow! this is amazing! some of these assets might be helpful to me and my next project! don't worry, i'll make sure to give proper credit!

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 27, 2013 04:08 PM (Total replies: 743)

Quote: --- Original message by: ASCENDANTJUSTICE
@Chbgt: Thanks for the info, but I don't really like lenovo they have a bad rep here.

@Waffles: I've been encouraged to go for i5 or i7 or something AMD. Are the new batch of i3's any good? Compared to the old batch of i5's?

Oh and I really just want the pc for use with the HEK, and max. (But I would really hate to get any more of those bluescreen errors)

Program type requirments.

HEK

Adobe after effects.

Adobe photoshop

Adobe premiere pro

Cinema 4d Lr

Hitfilm VFX ultimate 2.

Fxhome vision lab pro 1.5

3dsmax 2013

3dsmaya

Marmoset tool bag

Blender3d

Zbrush

Mudbox

Nuke

And maybe cry engine and unity - (Don't really need those two just interested)

Basically I need a future proof pc, which will be able to install and run most of these programs without any under graded specification errors, by future proof I mean be able to keep up with the ever changing face of technology for about a year and a half.

my laptop is able to run these programs without a problem, i have photoshop cs6, after effects, zbrush, 3ds max 2012, autocad 2013, 3ds max design 2014
and games i have, battlefield bad company 2, battlefield 3, crysis 1, crysis 2, crysis 3, call of duty mw3, halo 1, halo 2, halo ce (with os) and all of them run smoothly with the highest settings and resolution

Edited by ChBgt909 on Dec 27, 2013 at 04:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 26, 2013 03:04 PM (Total replies: 743)

Well guys, i don't think i need this thread anymore!
If you have anything to tell me (opinions, suggestions on new maps, etc) you can PM me
I might make a new thread pretty soon to show a new map concept!

Thank you all for the support all this time and hopefully, my next map will be even better than this!

Dennis if you're reading this, please lock this thread (if you see it fit of course), i might not use this thread anymore but i don't want it to become an argument thread either at some point in time.

Edited by ChBgt909 on Dec 26, 2013 at 03:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 22, 2013 03:32 PM (Total replies: 743)

@ ChBgt: Ah I follow, "variety is the spice of life" 10G

Please remember to back up your files once a week or whenever you have surpassed a significant milestone.

Unless you have stapled your new pc to your chest :D

Btw how is your new pc any good? I'm looking for an upgrade.

To thieve is to be overwhelmed by greed

my laptop is good enough to play crysis 3 smoothly with max resolution and all the settings (except anti-alias which i turn off or keep in lowest quality) with the highest quality... it wasn't cheap but it was worth it :P

specs:
1 tb of drive
6 gb of RAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Edited by ChBgt909 on Dec 22, 2013 at 03:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 21, 2013 02:47 PM (Total replies: 743)

@ Chbgt: What was wrong with this texture pack?

It contains quite a few halo 3 metal textures? Unless you need more.

https://mega.co.nz/#!IF0EWB4J!IxKmCn-506qBAfJgpaXTCWRtZutjqYScqRRZHMZbNzs

there's nothing wrong with your texture pack i actually love the fact that it has many detail maps and some of the main forerunner metals, in fact, i already picked some textures from there that i'm gonna use

the problem is that the map i want to make is quite... complex... and halo 1 textures and the amount of forerunner textures in the pack won't be enough, i want the structures to feel "forerunner" so i want some more textures in my palette in order to make it look as i want to

i had pretty much all the h3 and h2 forerunner metal textures when i was making this WIP that's why the structures looked decent

Halo CE General Discussion » We need a stronger Engine.. Dec 20, 2013 02:41 PM (Total replies: 65)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: ChromeGames
Ok so now you see... Actually I uploades some of my maps here, but by some reason they´re not in the download map section,

The reason is that I am away caring for a family member and can not approve and upload maps remotely.
Quote: --- Original message by: ChromeGames
I will try to upload them again later :/
yea... don't do that.

ohhh so that's the reason i haven't seen any updates! well i hope your family member gets better...

well.. to op, your mods are pretty good! why don't you make an amnesia map? an eerie place like the map "Church" and add some scary monster and stuff like that

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 17, 2013 12:04 AM (Total replies: 743)

well guys i have a request

i already got some ideas for maps so i might start working on it... however! i want to use halo 3 and halo 2 forerunner metal textures, and i want to have them all at my disposal... ALL OF THEM, with their respective bump map, glow, alpha channel, etc...

right now i don't have any map from halo 2 and halo 3 so i can't extract them myself (i don't even remember how i got the textures from halo 2 and how i got the maps from halo 3)

I'm willing to add to my next map's credits whoever provides me with these textures... so yeah, I'd appreciate if someone helps me out with this

right now i'll start with more "concept art" so i can have a clearer idea of what i want for my map so i can work faster with 3ds max, once the model of the map is complete i will proceed with the uvw mapping

so i want to say thank you in advance and i hope you can help me here :)

Edited by ChBgt909 on Dec 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I turn a dead grunt into scenery? Dec 15, 2013 03:17 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: A Juicy Frank

Scenery objects don't despawn in multiplayer games is why, I'll assume; and it will take just a bit more work than that, JR.

Start by importing the grunt's .gbxmodel into gmax with the gbxmodel importer. Next use the animation importer to import a death animation. All you want is the last frame (when he's on the floor), so go to it in the timeline and now export the model as a .jms. Compile the model with tool, and do as jackrabbit suggested: create a new .scenery tag and use your newly created .gbxmodel as the model.

Just know though, that using a biped would have its own benefit. Dead bipeds collision still react to projectiles and explosions, while allowing the player(s) to step through them, whereas collision on a scenery object would not let the player pass over them without jumping or something. You know those games that have an invisible box around a plant preventing you from moving through it.

Tools for Gmax:
http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/
Edited by A Juicy Frank on Dec 15, 2013 at 01:50 PM

for a single player map a biped is a good idea, however, if the map is multiplayer it's better to use an scenery object because dead bipeds disappear after a minute or so

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 4, 2013 10:37 PM (Total replies: 743)

Well guys, it looks like i just have an idea for a map!
as soon as i have a clearer concept i will share it with you! and show some progress as soon as i have the time to start working on it!
have a good night/day! :D

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 4, 2013 07:11 PM (Total replies: 743)

Quote: --- Original message by: fossy
Quote: --- Original message by: ChBgt909

ANYWAYS... ANY COPYRIGHT ISSUE ON WHATEVER YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT... PLEASE TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE
I NEED THIS THREAD TO STAY UNLOCKED IN CASE I NEED TO POST SOMETHING IMPORTANT... SO YEAH... PLEASE

Edited by ChBgt909 on Dec 2, 2013 at 05:43 PM

All of you're custom maps look good with screenshots but when it comes to gameplay it's totally waste of time. Make sure don't fail this one.

hahaha well, i'm not a professional so yeah, my next map will be even better than this one i lost, and well sorry for wasting your time lol, but of course if you have any experience or tips you can help me out, i read your post and it seems like you have plenty of knowledge on gameplay and making maps, so yeah help me out if you can :-)
btw it's "your" not "you're" :P

Edited by ChBgt909 on Dec 4, 2013 at 07:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 2, 2013 05:43 PM (Total replies: 743)

ANYWAYS... ANY COPYRIGHT ISSUE ON WHATEVER YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT... PLEASE TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE
I NEED THIS THREAD TO STAY UNLOCKED IN CASE I NEED TO POST SOMETHING IMPORTANT... SO YEAH... PLEASE

Edited by ChBgt909 on Dec 2, 2013 at 05:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 1, 2013 04:38 PM (Total replies: 743)

right now i'm not involved in any video game related stuff... the last couple of months i've been busy with other things, llke life stuff and college but i'll be back by january with some exciting project... i need to think of something to make into a map first lol (yeah... i've never been good with ideas for maps, forerunner structures or map layouts)
Edited by ChBgt909 on Dec 1, 2013 at 04:42 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » [Tutorial] Lightmaps Nov 26, 2013 07:03 PM (Total replies: 65)

yeah, a pdf version that you can download would be sweet, but still thanks for this tutorial, i really need to learn this for my next project!

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Oct 31, 2013 08:20 PM (Total replies: 743)

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit

I KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO YOU REALLY SUCKS but look at the bright side at least your alright and you can rebuld and you alredy have alot of experiance so things will move faster!

this same thing happed to me one time and it was difficult to rebuld and start over yes but one thing i relized is even if it happend again they could never steal my knowlage/.
& skills

that is something that can never be taken away!

i have had to do recoverys of my tags and data 3 times over the last 10 years and some of my work and i do meen years of work is lost for ever but I am thankful for the backup disks i made.
you can never realy tell when when a storm will take down an online server ither.
i had all my files backed up to a server that was distryed when huricane kitrina hit.
hell i didnt even know the server was located there.
i think its best to make a backup disk every chrismas or so of your data and tags.
best tip i have.
and as for rebulding not only will it be beter built but your not exactly guessing or starting from scratch.
you actuly alredy know what you want to do.
anyway congrats on your new laptop!
and good luck. i defenetly cant wait to see your next amazing great map!
Edited by jackrabbit on Oct 26, 2013 at 07:57 AM

yeah you're right
right now i haven't done anything related to halo (i got battlefield 3 and crysis 3 and they run pretty well... damn i'm glad i got this laptop haha) but i'm planning to make a new map... something new and completely different, but obviously good-looking.... even better than this map i was making... so yeah stay tuned!

ohh any help providing me with the halo 2 and halo 3 forerunner textures would be appreciated :3

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My First Real Map Sep 14, 2013 09:34 AM (Total replies: 17)

oh so you managed to fix the crooked selection :D

well i like it, i'm not gonna lie, my first maps didn't even show textures on it nor sky (didn't set up shaders properly but i wasn't aware of that), you had a better start than me so there's plenty of room for you to improve

keep it up! looking forward for a release :D

Edited by ChBgt909 on Sep 14, 2013 at 09:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Sep 10, 2013 06:23 PM (Total replies: 743)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: ChBgt909
Well i finally got the laptop, it's the one i said... so yeah now i have to find all the software i lost and keep moving forward... stay tuned!

Photoshop CS2 is free on their website.

3ds MAX is free on their website if you have a student e-mail and are an active student.

oh thanks! i'm gonna take a look at their website!

~EDIT~
Thanks jesse! i registered in autodesk and i'm downloading 3ds max 2012 now! in 2 hours i'm gonna have everything ready to get started! :D

i already got that photoshop, i had a copy of the installer in my USB so i didn't lose that, i already installed halo custom edition and HEK, i still have to install OS, find the 3ds max scripts to export JMS, import GBXmodels, among many other scripts i had

i have to find again all the halo 2 and halo 3 textures (i had all the set of forerunner metals with their respective shader, from those 2 games), i can use adjutant to recover the halo 3 files... however i don't remember where i got the halo 2 textures, i think i used HEK+ on halo 2 maps(?) not quite sure lol

Edited by ChBgt909 on Sep 10, 2013 at 06:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Sep 5, 2013 01:52 PM (Total replies: 743)

Well i finally got the laptop, it's the one i said... so yeah now i have to find all the software i lost and keep moving forward... stay tuned!

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 7:31 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website