A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: pinion
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 12, 2011 12:40 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
pinion has contributed to 2 posts out of 469347 total posts (0.00%) in 2,872 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Custom Edition resolution change Nov 12, 2011 12:40 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Right click the Halo shortcut and type -vidmode width,height,hz in the 'Target' area. Of course, change width, height, and hz to suit your monitor. For example, my monitor is -vidmode 1680,1050,60

60 is the most common refresh rate for widescreen monitors I believe. I'm not sure if Halo actually supports anything above that anyway.

There's a problem with vidmode in that when chatting in game, what you're typing doesn't appear. To solve this, simply go to the content folder in Halo's installation folder and find the closest .ksml file to your resolution's height setting. They set height for the chatbox. Edit the editbox .ksml file closest to your res height with notepad and find "Top= " on the fourth row. Change the number there to 40 below your res height. If that doesn't work, just change it to random amounts until it works.

Many thanks Jaz, much appreciated! :) :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom Edition resolution change Nov 12, 2011 10:58 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hi all,

stumbled across this site and wow, I'd no idea Halo still had such a big userbase!
I have retail on PC, but I'm using the custom edition patched to 1.09.

Is there any way to make the resolution in game better to suit the larger monitors? Ideally looking to expand the resolution to larger than is available in the game menus.

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to playing Halo online again!

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 2:50 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website