A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lobster
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 11:17 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
lobster has contributed to 13 posts out of 469494 total posts (0.00%) in 2,940 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Any hope for this? Nov 24, 2011 11:17 PM (Total replies: 7)

I actually play with it on and it's still terrible. I usually have to lead about a body in front.

Halo CE General Discussion » Any hope for this? Nov 24, 2011 10:59 PM (Total replies: 7)

Is there any hope that this would ever be released server side?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwP-GbXnPew

It's a fix for the terrible hit detection.
Edited by lobster on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 06:19 PM (Total replies: 23)

So I got my legit copy and got a chance to play it and it's the same thing as the pirated version, except the pirated version has a lot larger playerbase. Terrible hit detection and the majority of people have terrible pings, which just makes the hit detection even worse. Save your money if you're thinking about getting this.

Something like this is the only hope for a semi competitive experience- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwP-GbXnPew
Edited by lobster on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Edited by lobster on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 06:06 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: lobster
I will have to wait until my CD comes from amazon to come to do that. I just hope I didn't waste money and end up with the same thing, but I have a feeling that is going to be the case as the official halo trial was exactly the same. And what's with you and mexicans?

You must be playing the "mexican" version, lol. Update thread if your pings improve.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 05:44 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: lobster
I will have to wait until my CD comes from amazon to come to do that. I just hope I didn't waste money and end up with the same thing, but I have a feeling that is going to be the case as the official halo trial was exactly the same. And what's with you and mexicans?

Most of the pirates happen to be mexicans, likely due to poverty in Mexico. They mostly have weak computers and fairly weak internet connections, resulting in the 200+ ping you complained about.

From what I have been reading around the net, the legit version is no better. Prove me wrong and show me a full server with the opponents having decent pings in a screenshot.
Edited by lobster on Nov 20, 2011 at 05:45 PM
Edited by lobster on Nov 20, 2011 at 05:47 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 05:00 PM (Total replies: 23)

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 04:50 PM (Total replies: 23)

I doubt it's my connection, as I stated I rarely ever have any problems with other games. The times it does occur, is when others on the network do heavy downloading, etc. No users on the network today while playing, so that is ruled out.

What I do notice is, when looking at the scoreboard, a majority of the players have pings of 150+, and mine is usually 40-80. I think that is the real problem here?

Is this typical? http://i.imgur.com/uHcCcl.jpg
Edited by lobster on Nov 20, 2011 at 04:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 04:34 PM (Total replies: 23)

I don't get how so many people can nplay like this. It's especially unbearable at close range, it's literally impossible to hit a target with the pistol when fighting in melee distance. It's a shame, as this game was amazing back in the day over XBC.

Is this just me, or is this a known issue on Halo PC? I have a fairly good internet connection and rarely have issues in other games I play, like TF2 and L4D. 6Mbps down, 1Mbps up.
Edited by lobster on Nov 20, 2011 at 04:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 03:58 PM (Total replies: 23)

So I've been playing a few games, and holy poop, the net code in this game is awful. I remember playing on XBC with xbox and having to lead your target a bit, but the PC version is worse. Does the networking setting matter in the options, or is that just for people that run servers?

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 02:25 PM (Total replies: 23)

Wow, the population is very low in the legal versions. I ran into another "pirated" copy that works a lot better now. The population is by far a lot more (1700+ players at the moment) than what is shown above and the opposing players pings are much better.

You can see screenshot here http://i.imgur.com/E5KLZl.jpg

I actually just ordered a copy off Amazon either way, as I always pay if I enjoy a product. Not to mention I have 3 copies of it left over from LANing on the XBOX.
Edited by lobster on Nov 20, 2011 at 02:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 01:06 PM (Total replies: 23)

Which is more populated, Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo: Custom Edition?

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 11:28 AM (Total replies: 23)

I had no idea it was pirated, I was under the impression that it was abandonware/freeware. How is multiplayer aspect in Halo? I tried the trial version and it was pretty terrible. Almost everyone had 200+ pings and all the opponents were teleporting around.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get started? Nov 20, 2011 10:34 AM (Total replies: 23)

I've read in a few places that I can play HaloCE online free. I downloaded a version off the piratebay, but most of the servers say my key is invalid. Can anyone help me out here?

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 9:12 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website