A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: corrupt
About Contact
Last Post: May 19, 2015 12:05 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
corrupt has contributed to 11 posts out of 469058 total posts (0.00%) in 2,752 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Req for anti-wallhop danger canyon May 19, 2015 12:05 AM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: corrupt
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
The issue with making "quick fixes" to standard maps is that they very rarely get used. You could argue to use them in a tournament, but at the same time a team shouldn't be resorting to cheats like that anyway and would obviously result in a loss.

Gotcha, yeah it looks like using a server event is the best option. I'm trying to create a scenario to fly around in and get coords, but HEK+ won't work on my machine (crashes every time a menu tab is selected). I'm supposing there's a way to get coords using a sapp command in game

Run as admin. And compatibility mode. Do you also receive the error upon startup or during the ripping process.

I tried both, still same thing. No error, but crashes when I open a context menu (file, tools, window etc). Seems like it tries to open up more windows afterwards for some reason, but they keep opening and closing and it never ends.

I was able to find the coordinates using a sapp command, and the event is working now. I can post instructions if anyone's interested

Halo CE General Discussion » Req for anti-wallhop danger canyon May 16, 2015 09:52 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
The issue with making "quick fixes" to standard maps is that they very rarely get used. You could argue to use them in a tournament, but at the same time a team shouldn't be resorting to cheats like that anyway and would obviously result in a loss.

Gotcha, yeah it looks like using a server event is the best option. I'm trying to create a scenario to fly around in and get coords, but HEK+ won't work on my machine (crashes every time a menu tab is selected). I'm supposing there's a way to get coords using a sapp command in game

Halo CE General Discussion » Req for anti-wallhop danger canyon May 16, 2015 08:29 PM (Total replies: 18)

Looks like its possible with events. What would be the best way for me to figure out the coordinates I need?

Halo CE General Discussion » Req for anti-wallhop danger canyon May 16, 2015 01:04 AM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
what the hell is a wallhop

On Danger Canyon, the two bases are seperated by a relatively thin canyon wall. If friendly fire is disabled and an infantryman stands against said wall, a teammate in a vehicle can ram him through the barrier, sending him from one base to the other over the course of a couple of seconds.

Yup, actually it can be done with FF on as well, an individual player can use a ghost/hog to push through wall on vehicle exit, and then jump over.

Quote: --- Original message by: BlitzOfSBB
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
I'm sure someone could just make a sapp event that kicks or teleports players who do that.

This is probably your solution right here, Corrupt. Great idea Altis.

Sounds good, I'm looking into getting some feedback on that now. Thanks guys

Halo CE General Discussion » Req for anti-wallhop danger canyon May 14, 2015 08:20 PM (Total replies: 18)

Hey Blitz, thanks for your reply.

I have to disagree with you, the majority of the competitive community does mind wallhopping, and the general understanding is that its not allowed. On big ctf maps, there are generally no agreements. For indoor ctf maps, no heavies, and for TS, no pups/heavies.

The problem is that it is difficult to enforce/know when its happening, and even if specified, some players will dishonor the agreement anyways, esp towards the end of a game if they are losing. It also takes away from legitimate sneak caps, where players will dismiss it as a wallhop and think the other team is cheating.

Halo CE General Discussion » Req for anti-wallhop danger canyon May 13, 2015 09:22 PM (Total replies: 18)

Not sure if this has done before, but I didn't find it through search. I was wondering if someone could make a quick mod to Danger Canyon to prevent wallhopping?

I was thinking about attempting this myself, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the software to work properly/not crash. And since I'd also need to learn it, I figured someone else could do this much more easily and quickly.

If it's made, I'll try to get it integrated into the scrimming haloce community as a replacement for DC. It would take a big headache out of the game!

Let me know your thoughts!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help undo-ing mistakes with HMT Dec 17, 2011 05:52 PM (Total replies: 9)

why thank you good sir! renaming that maps folder solved the problem. figured it might have something to do with appdata, but I never knew about how virtualstore worked. good to know

thanks again!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » new islandy map. needs criticism Dec 17, 2011 05:47 PM (Total replies: 111)

I'd be up to help test as well if I'm available, just message me details..

-corrupt

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help undo-ing mistakes with HMT Dec 11, 2011 12:32 AM (Total replies: 9)

yeah, I pretty much always make backups of the maps, this time the backups didn't help.

I got ccleaner again, used it but it didn't fix anything for halo.

One thing though that may provide some insight into the location of the issue is that, when I run the game as an administrator, everything works properly. So I basically have that as a solution, even though its a fix that isn't ideal.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help undo-ing mistakes with HMT Dec 8, 2011 01:39 AM (Total replies: 9)

@Spartan314

I do! I like playing the maps a lot, I've even messed around with some map editing myself (just the sapien type stuff, no 3d work or anything). The only problem is that there aren't really any good pubs up consistently, and I'm not really integrated into a community that plays scrims

@900

Yeah, I was modding on full version, all I was doing really was experimenting with switching around projectiles, map skins, and environmental sounds. I'm just trying to find a way to wipe it clean and reinstall everything with no problems left behind.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help undo-ing mistakes with HMT Dec 5, 2011 11:53 PM (Total replies: 9)

I know this isn't really related to Custom Edition, but I figured someone here would probably know how to fix this. I basically messed around with HaloMapTools a lot, switching projectiles/skins to make things look cool or whatever.

Problem now is I don't know how to undo what I've done, and uninstalling doesn't change anything. (halo crashes every time someone files a fuelrod on HeH, I've tried injecting the proj and weap meta's from different maps, doesnt solve the problem)

Do I need to go delete files from the registry? If so, which files? Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched and wasn't able to find anything

Time: Mon June 17, 2019 7:49 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website