A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DudeItsMelvin
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 18, 2012 08:13 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I can fly my way out of anything.

Post Statistics
DudeItsMelvin has contributed to 10 posts out of 469376 total posts (0.00%) in 2,866 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 maps? Nov 18, 2012 08:13 PM (Total replies: 6)

Can someone link me to the good, working Halo 2 maps there are for CE?
(i.e. Coagulation, Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Containment)

I can never seem to find any good ones.
Edited by DudeItsMelvin on Nov 18, 2012 at 08:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 22, 2012 07:21 PM (Total replies: 161)

I really believe you guys can do this, but please, don't use Opensauce. I think that different grenades would be nice too (smoke, frags, plasmas, and bubble shields) [If possible, of course]. Then instead of eliminating jets, why not keep two of them and add two human vehicles? A better pelican would be in order. More human ground vehicles. Gauss hogs, Trans hogs, upgraded machine gun hogs, and a fast motorcycle thingy from chronopolis and mystic. Weapon balance, I think you guys know what to do with that, more variety please. Please add a pistol somewhere. And covenant weapons, power them up so that people actually want to be on the team. Get rid of some redundant parts of the map or add to them. I don't know, I'm sure I suggested some things a month or so ago.

edit: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=40470

Here is my thread on things that would make extinction 2.0 better.
Edited by DudeItsMelvin on Apr 22, 2012 at 07:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake Apr 22, 2012 07:11 PM (Total replies: 16)

Opensauce is basically useless until there's xfire support and version 1.00 support. What's the point of making new maps when no one is going to DL them and play on them. Most dedi's and hosts play known maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction v2.0 (Suggestion) Mar 22, 2012 03:40 PM (Total replies: 48)

No, you said you didn't want it to look better, and anyway, making it smaller makes a new map. We want a new extinction, as in fixing all the bugs and prettying it up. And pretty much what Jaz said, add in some weapons and balance out the sides. New areas within the map would be nice, but making it smaller would ruin it in a sense. Because the map really isn't THAT big when you think of it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction v2.0 (Suggestion) Mar 21, 2012 07:38 PM (Total replies: 48)

^ lolno, it wouldn't be a simple remake, more like revamping it, visuals and functionality. Form follows function, you can't have something beautiful that doesn't work, in contrast, you can't have something great, but not visually appealing. I agree with not many people using OS, but besides that, the only valid point you make it the bridge point. Some extra bridges would be nice for us ground travelers.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction v2.0 (Suggestion) Mar 21, 2012 03:07 PM (Total replies: 48)

I wasn't trying to insinuate that I'm remaking anything, I was just pointing out that there are opportunities to make extinction so much better. And yes, something along what Jaz said, there is so much empty room in between the main zones. That's why I've been looking forward to that "Extinction on Steroids" map because he's claiming to have fixed that issue. Adding some fire to the ships to make it clear that there was a crash and a war. You know, it'd be great if there was blood all over the area too. Or at least signs of war. BALANCE would be great too, I can never be on the covenant side without being obliterated. Like Jaz said, it's an amazing map but there are so many possibilities these days to enhance it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction v2.0 (Suggestion) Mar 20, 2012 08:27 PM (Total replies: 48)

I always have a tiny bit of hope that someone will make a new extinction and maybe get rid of some of the bugs and add more things to it, considering it was made so long ago and the stuff the community has now. I know there's the whole "Extinction on Steroids" thing going on, but he doesn't really work on it anymore. In addition, it wouldn't be extinction. I don't know, I just figured someone should do or try.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 14, 2011 04:32 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Yeah, I'll be getting on now if you wanna try it out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 14, 2011 04:06 PM (Total replies: 1627)

I've never had lag due to them on my server, nor anyone I play with. The only lag on celar exile is when you add in all vehicles at once. :O

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 11, 2011 05:39 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Hey, so I've been following this thread for awhile now. I'm looking forward to this map from what you say it's gonna be like. But people were talking about grenades and things like that in earlier pages, so I have a suggestion: Smoke grenades. I know that Celar Exile (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6005) has them. Those could add greater strategy for gameplay.

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 4:20 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website