A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Karac
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 03:47 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 14
What Games do you play: HPC,HCE
Nothing can be un-done.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Karac has contributed to 18 posts out of 469375 total posts (0.00%) in 2,853 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Reach infoscussion. Mar 9, 2012 03:47 PM (Total replies: 13)

The only reason I ask is so I can get my hands on the tools and take the contents from the maps and make a tag pack for the community. Possibly organized into groups such as sound tag packs or model tag packs. One thing I'm really interested in getting my hands on are the bitmaps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Reach infoscussion. Mar 9, 2012 01:18 AM (Total replies: 13)

Yes but people have already released tags but I can't find them. I'm here to release a tag pack to the community. All I need is the tools to extract the files.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Reach infoscussion. Mar 9, 2012 12:54 AM (Total replies: 13)

OK, well I have all the files from the Halo Reach game disc, and here they are in directory structure:

(Root) $SystemUpdate (Directory) (2 Files, 0 Sub-Directories)
(Sub-File) su20076000_00000000 (Update) (File) 7,796 KB
(Sub-File) system.manifest (Unknown) (File) 3 KB

(Root) AvatarAssetPack (Add-On) (File) 14,112 KB
(Root) AvatarAwards (Add-On) (File) 588 KB

(Root) bink (Directory)
(Sub-File) credits_60.bik (Credits Movie) (File) 75,889 KB
(Sub-File) intro_60.bik (Start-Up Movie) (File) 48,640 KB

(Root) default.xex (Game Engine) (File) 12,176 KB

(Root) maps (Directory) (32 Files, 3 Sub-Directories)
(Sub-File) 20_sword_slayer.map (Multiplayer Map) 121,056 KB
(Sub-File) 30_settlement.map (Multiplayer Map) 146,004 KB
(Sub-File) 35_island.map (Multiplayer Map) 136,808 KB
(Sub-File) 45_aftership.map (Multiplayer Map) 75,440 KB
(Sub-File) 45_launch_station.map (Multilplayer Map) 137,032 KB
(Sub-File) shared.map (Unknown Map) 391,556 KB
... (Directories) ...

(Root) nxeart (File) 1,332 KB

(Root) waves (Directory) (2 Files, 0 Sub-Directories)
(Sub-File) L360.dll (Dynamic Link Library) 360 KB
(Sub-File) Q10.dll (Dynamic Link Library) 328 KB

(Root) wavesLibDLL.dll (Dynamic Link Library) 740 KB
(Root) wavesShell-Xbox.dll (Dynamic Link Library) 548 KB

And now, what I ask is, if I have all these files and people have the XBOX's motherboard's files, shouldn't we be able to emulate the hardware?

But back to what I originally wanted. Since I have the maps, I can get the tags. But the problem is, I haven't had any luck at all with finding any tools to open Halo Reach maps.

Help?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Jan 12, 2012 08:58 PM (Total replies: 27)

Well simpler for example, instead of having to locate your tag in your directories, just drag them to the game window and it will ask you where to organize it. OR drag folders for it to organize by hierarchy. OR, what I was thinking of which would be very difficult considering of all the tags that could be used instead of what SHOULD be used, remember the following error:

One or more tags could not be loaded into the editor. Please contact your nearest Bungie programmer for more help.

The goal is to make a tool to fix this so no matter what tag you load, it will look at the references and find those tags based on their folders until it re-writes them to the proper tags based on where you placed your folder.

Multiple things are being considered. Also, game user,

object_destroy removes an object placed in the editor from view. Example: bipeds, scenery, devices but not players. Player spawns are in a set of tags of their own. The previously stated objects are part of a tag system called "obje".

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Jan 12, 2012 01:33 AM (Total replies: 27)

Well you would be right if I hadn't used these at all, because I used to use these tools all the time. The REASON behind needing programmers is because I and the recruited will be making tools FOR development.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Inserting music Jan 11, 2012 10:52 PM (Total replies: 12)

Use .wav or .ogg format.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Jan 11, 2012 10:43 PM (Total replies: 27)

I tried this and it still continues to snap to each camera. I have the cameras set to go at value 150 (five seconds) but it isn't working. Maybe it's the sleep time?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Jan 10, 2012 10:11 PM (Total replies: 27)

Thanks for all the help, so far I have:

Specific music for the machinima
Ability to play the sound (looping)

And now I need to know how to run model animations so I can do the machinima without needing other people in the game

And also, I know how to do camera work but here's what I did:

(script startup cinematics
(object_destroy cinematic_biped_1)
(camera_control true)
(fade_in 0 0 0 150)
(camera_set a1 30)
(sleep 30)
(camera_set a2 30)
(sleep 30)

And I did this before on another map to test cameras and how it worked, and I got it right but now instead of the camera flying to each point, it's just snapping. Help?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Jan 10, 2012 04:56 AM (Total replies: 27)

I've never had problems with having to run things as an admin. I set my computers up very specifically and I take a ton of time to perfect it.

Also, I'm going into making machinima videos. Anyone know how to play sounds from a script?
Edited by Karac on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:57 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Jan 9, 2012 01:14 PM (Total replies: 27)

OK, well I tried all of the methods but here's what I got:

01.08.12 12:13:05 tool pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
01.08.12 12:13:05 reference function: _write_to_error_file
01.08.12 12:13:05 reference address: 42ca20
01.08.12 12:13:05 Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
01.08.12 12:13:06 file_read('data\levels\interpolation_beta\sounds\Tikal.wav') error 0x000003e6 'Invalid access to memory location. '

01.08.12 12:13:13 tool pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
01.08.12 12:13:13 reference function: _write_to_error_file
01.08.12 12:13:13 reference address: 42ca20
01.08.12 12:13:13 Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
01.08.12 12:13:13 file_read('data\levels\interpolation_beta\sounds\Tikal.wav') error 0x000003e6 'Invalid access to memory location. '

01.08.12 12:13:17 tool pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
01.08.12 12:13:17 reference function: _write_to_error_file
01.08.12 12:13:17 reference address: 42ca20
01.08.12 12:13:17 Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
01.08.12 12:13:17 file_read('data\levels\interpolation_beta\sounds\Tikal.wav') error 0x000003e6 'Invalid access to memory location. '

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Jan 6, 2012 11:43 AM (Total replies: 27)

Well having a human translator is definitely a lot better than a machine using direct translation.

So far, two maps are being worked on but as I was testing something either one or a few of my tags, or Sapien is not doing something right, so as soon as I get pics of the two projects I'm working on, I'm uploading them to this post.

[pics go here]

And what would really help me is that if anyone knows how to convert sound tags with tool. I don't know what format to save the .wav file.

Oh yeah sorry, it's the superOMGWTFBBQNOMNOMNOMgunofdoom sound.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Dec 26, 2011 12:44 PM (Total replies: 27)

EDIT: I never said anything about halting the project...

Well the plans will be being discussed with members only and are being worked out as we speak. But I'll let the cat out of the bag on a few things.

These go together:
Programmers > Application Code
Mathematicians > Map magic, Item ID's, Tag Locations + map file, tag, structure research

And these go together:
Rippers > Getting the tags we need
Forerunners > Map constructors

So if you want to be one, there will be someone that can help you in the other.

The program is geared to export the maps in HCE, HPC and HT so if you have a Halo Trial game you can add on to your maps. Eventually if we get maps working for HT without having to take content out of bloodgulch and re-add it just to call it a new map, then we will upload it to our website which is currently being developed.

HCE format is so you can play for Custom Edition and also take the original campaign maps and not have to re-design them.

HPC format is planned to be designed so you can add any tag you wish and have it sync over MP play. Still not sure how AI is going to work considering it's only going to have real AI spawns on the host or dedicated program map.

Maybe another external application like Phasor might be needed to send out the AI data-packets and that will help it sync.

In all honesty, this program might end up being like E3pO's HEK_AIO but I sure hope it doesn't. Lot's of people were hyped up about this and I think that something like this would sure help the community.

Anyways if you have any ideas on what you would like to see you can always send me an email or message through Halomaps. h.derp41@yahoo.com is my email.

Also if you would like to tryout for this clan, I need to see some of your work unless your going into the "rippers" section because you don't really need to know much to rip a tag from a map.
Edited by Karac on Dec 26, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Dec 25, 2011 10:00 AM (Total replies: 27)

No, the HEK AIO has been announced by E3pO but is never going to be finished. That doesn't mean I will steal the program. This is all custom code for a specific purpose.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Dec 24, 2011 11:04 PM (Total replies: 27)

Well, I'm currently learning C++ so what I want to do is:

Put together a program that will be able to edit both:
> Compiled maps or un-compiled information ie:raw tag files
Now with the tags if it just happens to be successful, the reason we need DirectX 9.0c +, OpenGL and .NET developers is so that we can develop a 3-D full-function editor which has plans to be similar to Sapien but have implementations of more than just placement of items, editing their properties and exporting a scenario. The end result is planned to have a all-in-one editor.

An example would be the following:
Sapien + Guerilla + Tool, all into one program. From the "File" menu, you can choose different settings for the selected item. Example:

File >
> Open .SCENARIO
> Close .SCENARIO
-----------------------
> Open .SCENARIO_STRUCTURE_BSP
> Close .SCENARIO_STRUCTURE_BSP
-----------------------
> Save Project
-----------------------
> Open tag from list ->
--> Sub-section containing a list of supported HPC and HCE tags
-----------------------
> Options (program GUI and interface options)
-----------------------
> Exit Application

This is just an early representation of what is planned to be implemented to the program. I've wrote out different structures and I'm following it over with my members to see what they all would find easiest and once I get the 2 easiest ones, I'll possibly end up combining them to create the final addition.

So if you have ideas on what could go where and how all things should be organized, please leave a post and I'll take it under consideration.

PLEASE NOTE: I said I was learning C++ and I'm not a full-fledged programmer. :P There are no promises, this is why I'm recruiting programmers who have the experience to do these things.
Edited by Karac on Dec 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Go in Guerilla.
Open tag.
Find all sub-tags and references.
Open them.
Check all corresponding sub-tags and references.
Keep doing until all referenced and reflexive tags are opened.
Fix all file paths to their location on disk.
Save.
Done.
kthx.

O.K., kiddies. You guys obviously haven't been thinking about how Dennis happens to own the website and probably installed a webtool to find physical locations through IP addresses. Not only that, when someone who I would say knows his stuff, I wouldn't mess with them. Period. Now this wasn't to flame or get dirty if most of you see it this way, it was only to show you that thinking things through one step more is what helps you NOT get into trouble. Also, nice site Dennis, keep up the good work! :) Also I have some suggestions which I don't think should be too much work.

Although this is a feature provided by IP.Boards it does sound like a good idea:
A feature allowing you to view what members are in your thread at the current time.

Setup generally looks like this:
(let x = # of total users)

There are <x> users in this topic.
g guests, u users, a anonymous
<forum usernames here separated by commas>

Also I read your little bit about reverse DNS. This should help scare these few 10 year old kids who are in this so called "Halo modding PRO" clan. I've been lurking on their forums for a long time now and I can't wait to try it out! What tools do you think I need?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Newly announced design clan. Dec 24, 2011 06:27 AM (Total replies: 27)

Today I have hopes of starting a new clan in the modding/dev'ing community. So now, with the introduction out of the way, I have know who wants to join and to do so, I must know your experience with Halo CE content development.

Who am I looking for?

> The Scripters:
People who know how Halo REALLY works at it's core. The ones who can make anything happen and if it doesn't work, can immediately fix it no problem.

> The Rippers:
People who know how to use HEK+ and can get into the Halo PC maps and get whatever content they need for the current map development.

> The Mathematicians:
People who can do their math in either: Binary, Octal, Decimal or Hexadecimal. Any or a combination of the four will be of great help when it comes to map item locations and magic.

> The Grease-Monkeys:
People who can program in either: C, C#, C++, Python, or VisualBasic and can develop for .NET, OpenGL, and DirectX 9.0c or higher.

> The FX-Men:
The ones who know the tricks of their trade. The all around good-guys who know which effect is what with no doubt.

And we saved the best for last,

> The Forerunners:
The ones who really know their stuff when it comes to models and advanced mapping techniques.

So with all of that being said and done, I'm on my way to hopefully making a successful clan filled with people who can do some really Neat-O stuff. Can't really say much for "wishful thinking" :)

Members:

Karac - Leader
Noble X6 - Rippers
Edited by Karac on Dec 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 8:37 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website