A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Nne Ya Tano
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 09:01 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Rebirth (2%)

Post Statistics
Nne Ya Tano has contributed to 37 posts out of 469070 total posts (.01%) in 2,740 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Cortana V2 Tags Dec 19, 2012 09:01 PM (Total replies: 47)

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalcyon
I've seen games made in six months that blow this out of the water. I've seen games in development for six years that just sucked. Time spent on a project does not automatically determine its worth. Quality of time spent on a project does.

Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
lol, duke nukem forever was in dev for over a decade. needless to say, it proved that being in dev for a long time doesn't help.

Thanks for backin' me man.

Halo CE General Discussion » Cortana V2 Tags Dec 19, 2012 12:32 PM (Total replies: 47)

Why? the animations looked fine to me.

and i dont think they "just slapped things together haphazardly". they took the time to re-model every bsp while keeping them to scale with the originals

And you'll notice that the collision of the updated environments doesn't match the collision of the old environments. Sometimes they even threw in collision that never existed. Sure is fun running into an invisible wall from time to time.

Besides, I was mainly referring to reusing the models from previous games. The original elites have long necks. The ones they used, the ones from Halo: Reach, have a more squat-necked appearance. It makes the model look ridiculous. Same thing applies to the jackals .

they took the time to Mo-Cap all the cutscenes, they took the time to re-do the sounds, and they took time to model that AWESOME mark V model for the chief.

Wow, motion capture. That would be cool if they cleaned it up a bit. The past few Halo titles have had good examples of motion captured cinematics. These just kind of looks meh to me. Everyone seems like a puppet rather than a human being (to say nothing of the original cinematics would be bad, so here it is: they looked like puppets too, but that was a decade prior). How many other releases were there in 2011? The cinematics weren't... up to par with most of them in my opinion.

I'm dissatisfied with a lot of the weapon sounds. Only a few strike me as good. Also, certain pieces of music are badly recreated too. Listen to "Rock in a Hard Place" and you'll know what I mean.

The new Chief armor may be the only thing I will defend in this game, but it isn't enough to make me root for the updated visuals.

they spent like two years on it, so this doesnt make sense to me.

I've seen games made in six months that blow this out of the water. I've seen games in development for six years that just sucked. Time spent on a project does not automatically determine its worth. Quality of time spent on a project does.

Don't get me wrong, what they did was cool and everything, but I just don't prefer what they did over the original content.

Halo CE General Discussion » Cortana V2 Tags Dec 18, 2012 08:55 AM (Total replies: 47)

That's like saying the Halo: Reach elites looked fine with the Halo: CE boneset.

I honestly can't play Halo: CEA with the "updated" graphics. The classic version works, the new version does not. I'm honestly disappointed with Saber Interactive because they could have done so much better. They just slapped things together, sometimes more haphazardly than a few in this community.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 18, 2012 05:58 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Costs less to build a better computer than what Alienware offers. :/

Halo CE General Discussion » [FESA] Pass the torch Nov 8, 2012 08:36 AM (Total replies: 36)

Don't start getting rowdy, Halomaps. I don't want it going down like the last two threads.

Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
or ride on them.
You sick f**k.

I think he meant as vehicles, but still.
Keep it clean.

Halo CE General Discussion » [FESA] Pass the torch Nov 7, 2012 09:46 PM (Total replies: 36)

Each model is different and there's sixteen of them. The textures are also quite numerous and quite large. I didn't have time to optimize the texturing, so each portion of the model has its own texture. 16 subfolders in the tags and a collision model that I didn't do properly thanks to time constraints. They actually share as many tags as they can, but that's just about four bitmaps/shaders.

Had I the chance to work on it even more, I bet I could've gotten it down to about 600MB for the whole collection.

EDIT: The tags alone are just under 200MB though. The 2GB is EVERYTHING. And most of that is just the Data folder and the Bitmaps folder for the max files.
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Nov 7, 2012 at 09:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [FESA] Pass the torch Nov 7, 2012 09:34 PM (Total replies: 36)

Friendship Evolved Service Announcement

I'm taking the risk of reopening this topic one last time. If anyone believes they can carry on in my footsteps and create bipeds from the Friendship Evolved tag, please message me. It's been getting to me recently that I've been completely unable to finish it. I've got the original max files (compatible with max 7 and up) and even a dummy rig that I was working on. Improve upon or continue from what I've accomplished, that is all I ask.

Again, private messages only. You have my permission to publicly release a final build, but please do not redistribute original files or half-baked tags. If you don't think you can complete it, please don't bother asking.

KP-ShadowSquirrel made the high-def models publicly available, if you want to release low-res pony models, you aren't very bright.

As you can see, it's a bit hefty. This is everything I had from the day I stopped working on it. Everything you would need is there. Textures, models, data files, tags, everything. I will be looking out for more prominent and respectable members of this forum. This isn't a first-come first-serve deal.

So, do you think you can finish it?

Halo CE General Discussion » [SHELVED] Friendship Evolved Oct 4, 2012 12:18 PM (Total replies: 95)

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalcyon
That's all for now so keep this thread clean for Dennis.
So much for expecting any form of civility from this site.
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Oct 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Flood Mode (Gametype) CONFIRMED!!! Sep 28, 2012 03:29 PM (Total replies: 130)

Quote: 3) Where's the goddamn infection form that's meant to be driving this thing?

I dunno.

Quote: 5) And why aren't at least one of them holding a weapon?

It's pretty much Infection. Remember? That game where a few guys with energy swords killed the other guys?

Halo CE General Discussion » [SHELVED] Friendship Evolved Sep 27, 2012 08:31 PM (Total replies: 95)

I figured this would be a better place than most to reach out and inform everyone that My Little Pony: Friendship Evolved has been shelved for the time being. Now, I don't care if you didn't care about it, I'm just informing everyone at the moment.

My computer is essentially an old man on life support at the moment and can't run the tools I need to finish the plans I had laid out. If I can, I will start the project up again, but for the time being know that I am not working on it. I've safely stored and backed up the files I already had, but other than that no actions are being taken to resume work. My expected springtime deadline will remain until January 2013 hits. At that point, don't expect a release.

This setback will effect my animating and AI as well as Open Sauce implementation that was thought up post CE3. The scenery tags currently sitting in the Halo: CE section of Halomaps will still be available if you are looking to download. I also host the slightly more updated files on my public Dropbox, here.

That's all for now so keep this thread clean for Dennis. Thank you, and I'm sorry.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Aug 31, 2012 11:32 AM (Total replies: 1793)

LoS has the right idea. Miniaturize Lumoria up, throw in an explosion like that from the final cutscene and use the shockwave effect to make it pretty.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent Official Thread Aug 31, 2012 11:29 AM (Total replies: 417)

There wouldn't be anything remaining if that were to happen. Pop a few MAC roudns in its ass and it'll drop outta the sky easily.

Halo CE General Discussion » :3 Waffles' WIP/RELEASE thread Aug 26, 2012 04:45 PM (Total replies: 1082)

Sacred Icon
Great Journey
Truth and Reconciliation

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Aug 25, 2012 06:22 PM (Total replies: 8490)

I want an Easy-bake oven on my back as part of a chest piece.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 1, 2012 11:44 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Dat player position updating. Looking good otherwise. I can see some solid practicality out of this. 8 player clown-car warthogs anyone?

Also, that Scarab isn't looking too bad. The early Halo-ish textures seem pretty fitting in CE compared to the Halo 3 ones. Someone should make an original Halo-style skin for that beast.
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Aug 1, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2012 Live Jul 29, 2012 08:23 PM (Total replies: 281)

I missed it the first time around. Will the livestream tomorrow be on at the same time as today.?
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Jul 29, 2012 at 08:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 4, 2012 08:31 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Is that first one a Vulture from Halo Wars? I would have modeled that ages ago if I had near enough experience.

Also, for future reference: NEVER use watermarks. Listen to XlzQwerty1, he knows what he's talking about.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 4, 2012 08:14 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus
Anyway i want to make a pinkie launcher, srsly.
Edited by Megaguirus on Jul 4, 2012 at 09:27 AM

Work on that, then let me finish rigging and animating my models and we'll talk.
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Jul 4, 2012 at 08:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Video Jun 5, 2012 03:25 PM (Total replies: 122)

Plus, we haven't seen many actual structures yet. All we've seen from the environment is jungle.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 General Discussion Jun 5, 2012 02:44 PM (Total replies: 145)

Nice Reclaimer/Marathon symbol on the chest there.
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Jun 5, 2012 at 02:47 PM
Edited by DarkHalcyon on Jun 5, 2012 at 02:47 PM

Time: Mon June 24, 2019 6:10 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website