A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Kal825B
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 10, 2014 04:18 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Last son of Krypt... Oh wait, i'm a clone.

Post Statistics
Kal825B has contributed to 341 posts out of 469389 total posts (.07%) in 2,833 days (.12 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
should "waight fer kurnmon" be added to the list?

I was wondering this too. Is B30:E waiting for OS or is OS waiting for B30:E? I don't know if that was clearly explained before, but Iffy said
Quote: --- Original message by: Ifafudafi
When this list is empty, the map will be released

I kept 1.09. I haven't upgraded yet, assuming OS won't be compatible with version 1.0.10 when TSC: E is released.

Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12
Thank sweet lord Jesus.They should have it down in a week or two

Only two things left on the list... And i finally got my Custom Edition working again just for this.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 5, 2014 08:51 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Those were originally supposed to be in Halo 1, i thought?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2014 Live Mar 4, 2014 06:53 PM (Total replies: 854)

I like the June 28th date the best.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 4, 2014 06:49 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
We are already planning to do the Mantis in the second part of campaign.

So I need some feedbaack from you all on the T&R release, what were your thoughts on the alternate brute and elite encounters? I've heard good arguments for and against them, the for being people liking that it's unpredictable and you cant memorize what is coming next, and I've heard from the people that dislike it complaining that it makes it to hard to have a strategy. I am personally for them, as I don't really like when people know for sure what is coming next and much rather them have to react to unpredictable, yet fair situations.

I think i like the alternate encounters better than the fixed ones.

Quote: --- Original message by: P3

Also, if they do that, then they don't have to waste there time and money on porting games back and forth and just use one disk. No more "Xbox disks, PC disks, Playstation disks, Nintendo 64 cartridges"
Just produce one disk, use one disk.
Edited by P3 on Feb 18, 2014 at 06:10 PM

Isn't that how money soft makes its money, by having ,multiple platforms? You would cut their revenue in half if you limited it to one device, you have to get greedy and own more than one of the biggest platforms to exist...lol
Edited by Kal825B on Feb 18, 2014 at 06:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Jorge's Turret Feb 17, 2014 09:58 PM (Total replies: 72)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: _Btcc22_
Rushed despite having plenty of development time.

There were legitimate reasons for that.

Being thrown around while corporate heads play hot potato with your company is a good reason for starters.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2014 Live Feb 17, 2014 09:45 PM (Total replies: 854)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: To Catch a Predator
I think it's safe to say the release date for SPV3 is likely to be at CE3 this year.

just scrap the project you know it will never compete with lumoris

Lumoria: Episode 3 will be a project this year.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Feb 15, 2014 09:15 PM (Total replies: 207)

Quote: --- Original message by: ShadowSpartan
Quote: --- Original message by: klasher1000

Bitmaps for the Assault Rifle
Edited by klasher1000 on Feb 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM

It's the same exact texture as the Halo 3 Assault Rifle, nothing exciting there.

Any forerunner textures with the same UV's as a stock bitmap.

I took a quick peek at all of the forerunner textures, and I think only a handful would even match the UV's of existing Halo 1 BSPs. Most of the bitmaps are specific to the new geometry that Saber created.

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
*waiting for a tutorial*..

I'm gonna show HaloWaypoint the MC's face in HD with a tutorial on how to extract it. You can use it to extract the rest... but... to avoid copies of my work, I'll blur part of the video until I think it's safe to show it.

Enjoy that ban lol.

And why would blurring parts of the video make it safe/unsafe? People have known how to do this for a pretty long time, just takes ages and there is no automation...

(Maybe working on that last bit though)

Well, there is a tool that automates it all, it just isn't public. I made a tool about a month after the release of the game for the bitmaps, but I didn't see a point in releasing it without a 100% working model extractor as well. Most of the bitmaps are model specific, and thus will do no good to the average person on here.

Before anybody asks, I only have partial model extraction working for the game, hence why I haven't released anything for the game yet. Here is a render of the chief model working except for the helmet portion:

http://shadow.modacity.net/hcex_chief.jpg

Kind of figured it was like that...lol

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Feb 15, 2014 11:02 AM (Total replies: 207)

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Feb 14, 2014 05:02 PM (Total replies: 207)

It only took 2 years...lol Unless you figured it out sooner???

If i had to ask for a texture, i think i'd ask for the a30 horizon.
Edited by Kal825B on Feb 14, 2014 at 05:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 5, 2014 10:27 PM (Total replies: 12123)

^and Cortana, who the Captain said needs to be kept safe from the Covenant at all costs.

Let's talk about how CMT violates cannon even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r25atDsQ4YE&list=UUTzBnTiXmsrbffBPn3NsYvg&index=1
Edited by Masters1337 on Jan 5, 2014 at 07:44 PM

That looked cool to me. I can't wait. I'm pretty sure you've read Halo: The Flood, which is my favorite novel of the franchise. I think if a squad of pelicans could make it out of the POA with Foe hammer, it seems logical for at least 1 or 2 Longswords to have made it out intact. Even though the book doesn't mention it.

Although, i kind of have to agree with Higuy on the building up for the Longsword airstrike. However, i don't remember a level that would give you decent amount of space for a proper airstrike other than the the second level. From what i remember, the rest of the levels are just boxes, except for TSC. TSC is like half opened box...

Edited by Kal825B on Jan 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Dec 30, 2013 04:54 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Its fixed, the newer falcon physics are in the newer version of his map. Its much better now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Dec 30, 2013 04:18 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX

I was testing out the falcon physics a few days ago and my biggest complaint is that even if you align yourself perfectly horizontally, when you throttle forward you go down at about a 20 degree angle. Is there any way to fix this?

The biggest problem with this is that in order to go perfectly forward, you have to shift your field of view upward into the sky, which is stupid because all the action occurs on the ground below you. Even if the angular issue can't be perfectly aligned, it would still be better to have that same 20 degree offset in the opposite direction (above the horizontal rather than below).
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Dec 30, 2013 at 04:07 PM

I call that good ole Halo 1 pelican physics. Before Altis tweaked the falcon physics, it operated just like the pelican.
Edited by Kal825B on Dec 30, 2013 at 04:20 PM

It like, can't wait to see more progress.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » missing graphical features in h2v Nov 19, 2013 09:33 PM (Total replies: 2)

Did you activate the graphical features externally using your graphics card's settings menu, or did you use Halo 2's settings menu?

Quote: --- Original message by: UNDEROATH RMT
Quote: --- Original message by: Hammad
Quote: --- Original message by: UNDEROATH RMT
Cortana ir forerunner ._.

No she's not.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7u6M1qDAa0w/UZe9eJyML-I/AAAAAAAAAs8/zPeKPCTx9rU/s1600/wrong.jpg

of course she is..... halo reach.... remember Dr. Halsey the forerunner structures.

A lot of fans made that mistake between the Forerunner structure and what its actual purpose was in the plot. Halsey wasn't talking about the Cortana FRAGMENT in the cutscene, she was talking about the data that she and the Cortana FRAGMENT obtained, which, along with the Crystal obtained from Sigma Octanus IV, allowed the Pillar of Autumn to reach Installation 04. Which starts Halo 1 as you know it.

The Cortana you saw in Halo: Reach, was a fragment of her tasked with analyzing that forerunner artifact while the actual Cortana was on the Pillar of Autumn. The actual Cortana was made from a Flash cloned brain of Dr. Halsey, years before the fall of Reach in 2549.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 15, 2013 06:25 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
if you are gonna make a sound for the carbines or weapons, please don't use the h4 guns in your audio mix, and the carbine from h3 sounded strong, keep that in consideration

Most of their sounds come from other sources, to say the least.

some of them anyways, ive notice the plasma rifle is a mix of h1/h2 prs, and the ar is the reach sound. but im sure those are "placeholders" lol I like my guns sounding like they are very very painful pounders

Thats what makes an awesome gun...LOL

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4: Custom Edition Project Oct 14, 2013 09:45 AM (Total replies: 73)

I like it.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 20, 2013 09:33 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I would imagine they still have another month or so until they feel content with releasing their mod. I can't wait. Its going to be awesome.

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 9:06 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website