A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: PinkDeath
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 11:56 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
PinkDeath has contributed to 21 posts out of 469343 total posts (0.00%) in 2,761 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle Idea Mar 17, 2012 11:56 AM (Total replies: 7)

Which brings me on to my second thought.

Can vehicle seats switch to different weapons? I've got this idea to make a sort of mobile suit Gundam type thing, and I would want it to have the ability to switch its weapon. Of course, this would also help with the turret. Although, I have nothing planned for the secondary fire, so I suppose I could just put that in there...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to open a campain map in halo Mar 13, 2012 09:58 PM (Total replies: 7)

Yep. Misread the first post before I posted. Must. Get. Sleep.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to open a campain map in halo Mar 13, 2012 09:38 PM (Total replies: 7)

[~] -> "map_name [insert name here]" Go.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Mar 13, 2012 06:15 PM (Total replies: 8)

Gimme a moment, running through the main game to see if my graphics card even SHOWS rain. Lulz.

E: Yup, it does. So the problem lies on my part. Probably didn't implement it right.

E: Now how about that +weatherpoly thingie?
Edited by PinkDeath on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Mar 13, 2012 04:29 PM (Total replies: 8)

Ah, there's the problem. Did not extract that just yet/HEK installation did not give me absolutely everything.

E: On a side note, is this gonna show up in Sapien?
Edited by PinkDeath on Mar 13, 2012 at 05:00 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Mar 13, 2012 04:18 PM (Total replies: 8)

*hopeless*

What folder? @_@

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Mar 13, 2012 02:59 PM (Total replies: 8)

How does one edit said rain effect?

P.S.: Current map project:

Adding a blood rain effect is a must.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Mar 13, 2012 02:45 PM (Total replies: 8)

Making it rain blood. Discuss. o_o

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle Idea Mar 13, 2012 10:38 AM (Total replies: 7)

It's a hellish turret in its natural habitat. Aaaand it seems my image has been killed so REUPLOADING.

Please refer to this post for the firing problem:

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=40383

So yeah, melee on vehicles. Possible?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle Idea Mar 11, 2012 04:42 AM (Total replies: 7)

Not warthog.

This thingie:

I want to be able to make the 3 tendrils swat at anything infront of it.

Also, still haven't resolved the problem of it not being able to fire.
Edited by PinkDeath on Mar 11, 2012 at 04:43 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle Idea Mar 10, 2012 10:12 AM (Total replies: 7)

Just for future reference, would it be possible to give a vehicle a melee attack/animations?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Respawn Issue Mar 4, 2012 04:07 AM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: elite051
I'm working on a team slayer map, but players will often respawn in the enemy base. Is there anything other than player starting points I need to add?

From what I know, team slayer will just place players at random, ignoring the team index, unlike CTF.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle problem Mar 4, 2012 03:58 AM (Total replies: 6)

That's the thing though. I'm using the shade turret weapon for it since mine isn't working, so the interface should be there, but it's not.

Maybe it's because of how I went about it.

3 tendrils, 3 frame gun, 0 frame barrels. 3 primary triggers. All 3 tendrils move independantly of eachother.
Edited by PinkDeath on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle problem Mar 3, 2012 09:28 PM (Total replies: 6)

Gave it the banshee weapon. Still unable to fire, and still lacks a reticle.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle problem Mar 2, 2012 10:39 AM (Total replies: 6)

It only had the one weapon, which was to the shade turret. Removing that didn't fix anything.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle problem Mar 2, 2012 05:52 AM (Total replies: 6)

Might have been answered before, but what would make a custom vehicle (turret) not be able to fire, nor have a reticle?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Projectile problems Feb 27, 2012 06:35 PM (Total replies: 9)

Here it is

http://oi42.tinypic.com/b4gdgk.jpg

I'm doing a Hell themed multiplayer map pack. Think of this thing as the projectile to the demon's ultimate weapon.

Gonna have this function much like the BFG on Doom 3, though when it hits a wall, it'll have a countown of 10 seconds and then nuke the whole area within 100 world units.

More questions probably will arise if and when Google and the existing tutorials fall short.
Edited by PinkDeath on Feb 27, 2012 at 06:48 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Projectile problems Feb 27, 2012 03:20 AM (Total replies: 9)

Interesting...

Tool++ doesn't do anything, but regular Tool did it. Wonder why.

Thanks for the help.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Projectile problems Feb 27, 2012 01:59 AM (Total replies: 9)

Trying to do some kinda missle. I'm pretty sure I've got all the nodes named and linked and all that, used Tool++ to try to create the model of the JMS file that I know I'm directing it to, using the 'model' command. But all it does is

could not find ./toolbeta.map
Tool Command Completed.

Looked at that debug file that I'm beyond familiar with now, and it just shows the last activity with Sapien.

And that ./toolbeta.map thing has me curious. I know I don't have to worry about it, but if it's not important, then just what is it? Just curious is all.
Edited by PinkDeath on Feb 27, 2012 at 02:26 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Radiosity Error? Feb 26, 2012 04:46 PM (Total replies: 8)

It's an error with the uv mapping done in 3dsmax. Something like "I don't like how this texture is mapped, so I'm not gonna let you run radiosity".

Import the created debug.wrl file into 3dsmax and map the surfaces that have the triangles on them.

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 12:00 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website