||Feb 28, 2012 08:58 PM
||Feb 28, 2012 09:45 PM
||Feb 28, 2012 09:47 PM
|What Games do you play:
Send Private Message
oobiedoob has contributed to 5 posts out of 469382 total posts
(0.00%) in 2,789 days (0.00 posts per day).
20 Most recent posts:
ps: does Halo distribute map files ala CS or UT, or does the user have to download the map from another site and install manually
Edited by oobiedoob on Feb 28, 2012 at 09:46 PM
Thank you so much for all the links and stuff. I'll poke around the forums for more info too.
Does the editing kit allow you to change runspeed/jump height/jumpspeed?
Are there a lot of mods that are contained within maps? is that allowed within Halo, and how its usually done? looks like it on google, i'm seeing like jets and stuff like that. (I haven't tried H:CE yet)
Generally Custom Edition Yes.
Also, are Custom Edition resources incompatible with the regular Halo PC version?
I'll check out SAPP, thanks!
hmm, checked out SAPP, it's more of a server commands app. useful tools tho
what it does for those who are interested,
1. Player Commands (\info, \stats, \about)
2. Creating new commands by combining existing ones
3. Using server events (join, kill, betray etc.)
4. AFK kick
5. Ping kick
6. Object management
7. Admin system without rcon, via chat
8. Admin levels, customizable command levels and names
9. Unique password for each admin, in chat & rcon also
10. Rcon bruteforce protection
11. Players can vote to skip the map
12. Map Vote function
13. IP & IP Range Banning players
14. Players can be banned from using the chat
15. Auto mute spammers
16. Sending private server messages
17. Balancing teams
18. Switching teams of a player
19. Basic aimbot detection & banning
20. Naughty commands :P
21. And a lot more!
Edited by oobiedoob on Feb 28, 2012 at 09:27 PM
Hello gents. I'm posting this because google hasn't given me a good answer.
Does anyone know of a good resource for Halo:CE mods or server-side scripts, ala the scripting found in Counter-Strike servers for example? Their main website is alliedmodding.com.
Also any guides on modding, or explanations would be great.
For example, are many mods just built into maps for CE? It seems like a lot of weapons/vehicles are built into maps.
I'd like to start a server with increased runspeed ala Quake, throw in some new vehicles and weapons, and maybe a jetpack or +hook if possible.
One more: Anyone aware of a mod that can let you spawn an NPC pet that can attack enemies?
Thanks guys. Sorry for the general post.