A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: zyzerzan
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 5, 2012 12:22 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: halooooo duh
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
zyzerzan has contributed to 7 posts out of 468638 total posts (0.00%) in 2,608 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Substance texturing in Halo CE? Mar 5, 2012 12:22 PM (Total replies: 0)

I just came across this new type of texturing available in 3ds Max...called Substance, before I waste time exploring it, does anyone know if its possible to use it in Halo CE map making?

I'm not familiar with it at all, it seems like it could be extremely innovative and useful during map making!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOIxA02RZ4o

Kek!

Just covering the area of where the grass was going to be (green areas)

I have determined that corel paint shop pro x4 sucks ass when it comes to Alpha maps. I did a bunch of tests, and every time I saved a mask to the alpha channel, it would completely obliterate it and make crazy patterns when I saved it, so I simply uninstalled and I'm just using the old Paint shop pro 8 now...

Thanks for the help

The artifact shows up in game, and makes the grass look terrible. So, something is wrong with the image after I save it. Somewhere between it being saved and it being compiled into the structure of the level something is messing up, thats all I know.

Its extremely annoying because I can't use any custom ground maps or anything.
Edited by zyzerzan on Mar 4, 2012 at 05:22 PM

Wondering if anyone knows what this is, and how to fix it.

I make images in corel paintshop pro x4 and save them as tifs, they get a strange canvas like artifact that shows up in them. Here is a screen shot of the image saved as a jpeg and then as a tif (note, the artifact won't show up in psp, only outside)

Here is what the image looks like when I make it, and what it looks like in 3ds Max 12

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k580/anthonyn77/?action=view¤t=sample.jpg

Then here is what it looks like outside of Paint Shop Pro x4 after saving as a TIF (with alpha channel)- (even the thumbnail shows the pattern)

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k580/anthonyn77/?action=view¤t=sampl2.jpg

Any insight is helpful, I have searched and searched and haven't been able to find anything about it.
I want to use Psp, but I can't have ruined images like this in game. The pattern looks terrible in game.

It does.
I assigned standard diffuse color to the sky and the ground was the bitmap.

The texture shows up just fine in Max 2012 but is lost somewhere along the export and structure of the level.

Yes I made the shader_environment with the bitmap I used.

Yes I compiled the bitmap tags then opened it in guerilla and changed it to an explicit alpha and recompiled.

:s

Hi all,

I have windows 7 and I was wondering if there are any known file pathing issues when it comes to CE with it.
I literally have tried everything I can think of to get this fixed but nothing is working.

I made a nice ground bitmap in corel 2012, had an alpha channel saved on it. Just in the process of testing a compilation of the map, the texture wont show up in sapien.

I've built the tags for it etc..

I even went back to kirks tutorials from years ago and watched them to make sure I wasn't doing some minor step wrong, couldn't figure it out.

My ce root directory is in Program Files (x86) - Microsoft Games - Halo ce - etc
There is another group of Program Files without (x86) but doesn't have Microsoft games or anything halo related in it.

I can't think of anything to fix this, I've looked everywhere on the internet and they are all resolved with simple mistakes and file pathing issues, but I have checked and checked and the tags, shaders are all right, they just will not show in sapien.

(Radiosity is running fine and saving fine btw)

Any ideas at to what this could be?

Time: Tue April 23, 2019 11:07 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website