A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Blackshakes
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 23, 2013 10:22 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: HCE,HPC,Skyrim,Overlord...
I'll take that off your hands...

Post Statistics
Blackshakes has contributed to 7 posts out of 469347 total posts (0.00%) in 2,760 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI paired with a team? Mar 23, 2013 10:22 PM (Total replies: 4)

also is there a good script to make AI move from point A to point B? my AI ignore this script..
(script continuous visionscript
(ai_magically_see_encounter redteam blueteam)
(ai_magically_see_encounter blueteam redteam)
)

I also tried

(ai_migrate redteam blueteam)
(ai_migrate blueteam redteam)

and

(ai_follow_target_ai blueteam redteam)
(ai_follow_target_ai redteam blueteam)

but every time my AI just stand around like "ooh hey man look at this weather... ooh there is another team mate.." unless i put red and blue teams right next to each other..... which i dont want really.... they are on opposite sides of a gorge and i have a bridge i want them to cross over, and then head on over to the enemy base, but my AI are kinda retarded, and they dont listen...

and also spark could you elaborate on that a little bit please? its been a while since i really tinkered with ai very much... college does that to ya....

Edited by Blackshakes on Mar 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI paired with a team? Mar 23, 2013 03:38 PM (Total replies: 4)

I was just wondering if it was possible to pair a specific type of AI with a team, like if both sides had AI spartans, one blue, one red, could you pair the RED AI with the actual RED PLAYERS, and have the BLUE AI paired with all the BLUE PLAYERS, so depending on what team you are on, a certain AI encounter would attack you?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I use Actor Variants? Sep 7, 2012 10:26 AM (Total replies: 8)

speaking of delimiter, the actor varient that i have that is called delimiter is fkn retarded... every time i spawn a different AI encounter near where i spawn the delimiter, the delimiter goes "OOH ENEMY" and starts shooting whatever the encounter is, like when i tried messing around spawning a bunch of marines surrounding the captain, then i had some coveys spawn and start fighting them when the player walks through a T.V. to load the BSP that all the ai in question are on, the coveys would kill off the marines, then the delimiter would spawn and kill the coveys, then they would turn and kill the remaining marines and the captain.. and i am sitting there going WTF SAME TEAM!! and the ai are all on the same team too... forgot to mention that.... what i mean is all the marines, delimiter, and captain are all on red team, just diff squads, then all the coveys are on blue team. what do i do there? just delete delimiter? XD its a retard anway.... i start playing the messed up map i made that i just described and the delimiter dont shoot at me but they shoot at everything else.... i just sit back and go.... facepalm.... i can just hear in the background "BETRAYAL" everytime they do that......
Edited by Blackshakes on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » scripting help Mar 16, 2012 02:17 PM (Total replies: 3)

ok new problems with different scripts.. im trying to make a short sp level (crappy but still) anyway i was just fooling around and now i am trying to compile several scripts into my map and every one says left perenthesis is unmatched.. i checked every one of them out and they have no spaces before or after the perenthesis (that was my problem before i figured out, after help from adolf2 ty btw) except i have a tab in front of the perenthesis for the second line and so on until the last line which is the other perenthesis.. for example here are all the scripts i use in the map and their errors...

(script continuous allegiance
(ai_allegiance player humans)
(ai_allegiance default humans)
)

(script continuous attach_spartans
(ai_attach "red_team_spartans" "redteam")
)

(the one above i made bec the delemiter actor was killing my marines and the captain, while on the same side, different teams tho, all were default actor types, go figure)

(script continuous cap_shot
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects "bsp 0,1" (players))15)
(wake cap_view)
)

(script startup cap_view
(camera_set cut1 15)
(sleep 5)
(camera_set cut2 2)
(camera_set cut3 1)
(camera_set cut4 1)
)

(script continuous captain_spawn
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects "bsp 0,1" (players))15)
(ai_place redteam2)
)

(script startup ingame_text_help
(cinematic_set_name 1)
(cinematic_show_letterbox true)
(sleep 15)
(cinematic_show_letterbox false)
(sleep 100)
(cinematic_set_name 2)
(sleep 15)
(sleep 250)
(cinematic_set_name 3)
(sleep 15)
(sleep 15)
(cinematic_set_name 4)
(sleep 15)
(sleep 10)
(cinematic_set_name 5)
(sleep 15)
(sleep 10)
(cinematic_set_name 6)
(sleep 15)
(sleep 100)
(cinematic_set_name 7)
(sleep 100)
)

(script continuous migrate_spartans
(ai_migrate spartans marines)
)

(above one is because delemiter was standing around with thumb up ass, not going anywhere lol)

(script continuous spartans
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count sniper_marine) 0) 15)
(ai_spawn_actor spartans)
)

(i ticked not initially created in sapien next to the team thing for the spartan delimiters but they still spawn immeadiatly...)

(script startup stealth_spawn
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count bluesquad) 0) 15)
(game_save)
(ai_spawn_actor blue_commander_elite)
)

(script continuous visionscript
(ai_magically_see_encounter redteam blueteam)
(ai_magically_see_encounter blueteam redteam)
)

(at first in the map you start out in BSP 0 and u have some spartans with sniper rifles running around shooting at grunts, then u go through a tunnel and it switches)

(script startup you_suck
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count redteam2) 0) 15)
(sound_impulse_start sound\dialog\Halo_Reach_Dialog\yousuck none 1)
)

(i looked several times at the errors and the last two scripts i didnt have a problem with, i think... i know the last one i didnt have a problem with.)

and here is the error list

3.16.12 13:15:00 [allegiance line 2] team must be "default", "player", "human", "covenant", "flood", "sentinel", "unused6", "unused7", "unused8", or "unused9".: humans)

03.16.12 13:15:00 [attach_spartans line 2] this is not a valid object name.: red_team_spartans" "redteam")

03.16.12 13:15:00 [cap_shot line 3] this is not a valid script name.: cap_view)

03.16.12 13:15:00 [ingame_text_help line 2] this is not a valid function or script name.: cinematic_set_name 1)

03.16.12 13:15:00 [migrate_spartans line 2] this is not a valid ai encounter or squad.: marines)

03.16.12 13:15:00 [spartans line 2] this is not a valid ai encounter or squad.: sniper_marine) 0) 15)

03.16.12 13:15:00 recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
03.16.12 13:15:00 [allegiance line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script continuous allegiance

03.16.12 13:15:00 [attach_spartans line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script continuous attach_spartans

03.16.12 13:15:00 [cap_shot line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script continuous cap_shot

03.16.12 13:15:00 [ingame_text_help line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script startup ingame_text_help

03.16.12 13:15:00 [migrate_spartans line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script continuous migrate_spartans

03.16.12 13:15:00 [spartans line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script continuous spartans

i know this is alot to help with but please do... thanks to all that reply with help!!

i know also that there are 2 scripts that are supposed to do pretty much the same thing but... my delemeter actor varient is retarded and kills anything but other delemiter actor varient... so i needed to make sure they would stop doing that and just kill the coveys on the other team, not my marines or the captain
Edited by Blackshakes on Mar 16, 2012 at 02:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » scripting help Mar 8, 2012 09:11 AM (Total replies: 3)

i have a lot of trouble scripting... i copied some of the scripts from this site exactly and when i try to compile the script in my map it gives me this error:

03.08.12 07:33:55 a hobo pc 01.01.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
03.08.12 07:33:55 reference function: _write_to_error_file
03.08.12 07:33:55 reference address: 401b13
03.08.12 07:33:55 Couldn't read map file './a_hobobeta.map'
03.08.12 07:33:56 CreateDevice succeeded with refresh rate = 0
03.08.12 07:33:56 Sound card doesn't meet minimum hardware requirements. Disabling hardware option.
03.08.12 07:33:57 Increasing sound decompression buffer size to 1048576 bytes
03.08.12 07:33:59 local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly
03.08.12 07:34:14 [bsp0,1tele line 3] this is not a valid function or script name.: bsp 0,1)

03.08.12 07:34:14 recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
03.08.12 07:34:14 this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (volume_test_objects (bsp 0,1)

03.08.12 07:34:56 [bsp0,1tele line 3] this is not a valid function or script name.: bsp 0,1))

03.08.12 07:34:56 recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
03.08.12 07:34:56 [bsp0,1tele line 2] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (sleep_until

03.08.12 07:35:36 [bsp0,1tele line 2] this is not a valid function or script name.: bsp 0,1) (players)) 15)

03.08.12 07:35:36 recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
03.08.12 07:35:36 [bsp0,1tele line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script startup tele

03.08.12 07:35:54 [bsp0,1tele line 2] this is not a valid function or script name.: bsp 0,1) (players)) 15)

03.08.12 07:35:54 recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
03.08.12 07:35:54 [bsp0,1tele line 1] this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script startup tele

and this is the script:

(script startup tele
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects (bsp 0,1) (players)) 15)
(switch_bsp 1)
(volume_teleport_players_not_inside (bsp 0,1) (0,1 flag))
)

PLZ HLP IM GONNA SMASH THIS DAMN COMP IF I GET THIS ERROR ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » inside out maps Mar 8, 2012 08:56 AM (Total replies: 2)

i figured that out... lol bout 5 min after i posted that last comment.. its kinda wierd, i didnt have to do that on my first map i made (cave_madness) i also figured out that when i was texturing it in max i looked on the outside and it looked fine.. but the inside was invisible... so i flipped the bsp inside out... now the outside is invisible and the inside is textured!! yay!! but that still doesnt explain y it didnt texture the inside, and the oudside of the map...

i was trying to do my own remake of halo 3 ODST's new mombasa, and having a bunch of bsps interconnected... that was a disaster... i put scenery on the bsps independently of each other and the scenery didn't switch like i wanted it to... for example i had small red beacons at the entrance of 3 of the bsps that were blocked off by walls till you walk through trigger volume to switch to that bsp, and blue beacons on the entrance of the bsp that is loaded currently... i walked through a T.V and all the scenery stays the same... the blue beacons are at an entrance that is walled off, and 2 red beacons are at the entrance of the bsp u can now enter... and the scenery i put in that bsp aren't there... and i cant walk through another bspT.V switch bec they wont load the other bsps... like the T.Vs dissapeared...

the bsps overlap in a central square room with a hallway on each side, when one bsp loads the central room has 3 dead end hallways and 1 that leads to another square room. when u walk through a trigger volume to switch bsps the hall with a square room becomes a dead end and the hall you are walking through magiclly pops up an identical square room to the first, but with different stuff in it, like one has buncha decals on the walls (quarintine) and also has flood infection bipeds, another has 3 couches and the captain walking around, when he sees u he goes "good to see you master chief", another has 3 odst bipeds with assault rifles looking at an engineer encased in 4 glass walls, and the first bsp has weapons in the side room.
Edited by Blackshakes on Mar 8, 2012 at 09:07 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » inside out maps Mar 4, 2012 12:33 PM (Total replies: 2)

hi, i am not really new to this forum i have been coming to halomaps for a while, but i have a really retarded question... dont say anything till you see it.... i have a new map that i made trying to do a bsp switch test and anyway i ran into a pretty stupid problem i have had a couple times before and i can't remember how to fix it... my map was inside out... lol...
i had made a simple little map to do this for and i cant get to the inside of the map only on the outside... if u try and go to the inside of the map in sapien\hobo you cant see the walls, and if u try to put scenery then it goes to the top of the map instead of on the floor like i want it too... ill try to post a screenshot to show...
where i am looking in the shots is where the sky polys are. pretty much the map is 2 squares same size with one having 4 smaller rectangular hallways, one on each side, one hallway connected to the other square next bsp is the same thing only 90 degrees to the side.
Edited by Blackshakes on Mar 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:12 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website