A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Caboose117
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 22, 2010 07:51 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Most Source Engine Games, I guess Halo CE, and a lot of SP games.
Seriously guys?

Post Statistics
Caboose117 has contributed to 5175 posts out of 469347 total posts (1.10%) in 4,811 days (1.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

It's still doing some funky stuff in some spots with that wireframe eh?

Larger push value? If not it might be something with the material or render setting, the lines seem to disappear into the model/nothingness...

Yes add them in sapien, give them names, and you'll have to make a script to spawn them. Something along the lines of "object_create"

Halo CE General Discussion » FPS snipers vs Real snipers Nov 21, 2010 11:23 AM (Total replies: 23)

Not to mention even if you have the rifle leaning on something so it won't move with your body, even pulling the trigger in the wrong way will move the projectile substantially.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Nov 21, 2010 11:18 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Quote: --- Original message by: Caboose117
But about 3500 years difference. Want a mandalorian from the time period of battlefront? Try boba/jango fett. Mucch different.

I'm liking that mandalorian though, was thinking about porting Revan over....

Revan ? Cape ? maybe with a .flag tag. I will rig the sith armour later too, and maybe mandalore from kotor 2, and the republic soldiers to make some mandalorian wars ? I can have a body change script for mp use, but kotor weapons are really lowpoly so i have to remodel them from scratch

I know, and it's not even like the textures for the weapons are halfway decent. But yes, was in process of porting Revan, computer crashed so I'm kinda stopped at the moment.

Was that texture straight from KOTOR on the mandalorian?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Nov 21, 2010 12:25 AM (Total replies: 8490)

But about 3500 years difference. Want a mandalorian from the time period of battlefront? Try boba/jango fett. Mucch different.

I'm liking that mandalorian though, was thinking about porting Revan over....

Halo CE General Discussion » your testmap!!! :D Nov 20, 2010 11:39 PM (Total replies: 21)

Either a blank tutorial (I have multiple "tutorial tests" maps in my maps folder... Hmm...) Or a custom (horrible) testing area I made myself. Complete with firing range though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Usable Prowler Cruiser Nov 20, 2010 11:33 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
No way, you are not dead.

I am thinking the same thing, while wondering why nobody else has even noticed.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hoveristic. Nov 19, 2010 03:21 PM (Total replies: 22)

You attach it using object_attach to a marker under the phantom... If the phantom has one for it.

Halo CE General Discussion » hello everyone. i guess. Nov 18, 2010 01:23 PM (Total replies: 19)

Reminds me of a test map I made for myself I found collecting (metaphorical) dust... Turns out the grunts I'd placed into it were nearly invincible, and there were too many of them. Died 20 times or so before I exterminated the little buggers.

I had nightmares after that ya know? I mean they were just grunts right? They should've died easily no? But they just kept coming... (kidding of course)

Oh and welcome!
Edited by Caboose117 on Nov 18, 2010 at 01:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 18, 2010 01:14 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Which explains why I haven't the slightest clue of what it is, haven't played/seen Reach since I played the beta. And I only played it the day before it came out. (Friend had a code. Then I had a bunch of tests, so didn't play, then beta was over. )

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 18, 2010 01:09 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009

You don't know what your talking about... no one can give crit with that type of wireframe, stop attempting to be smart by being cocky. The link I provided is the proper way to render a wireframe.

You need to get off tbh, your just a troll and don't contribute to any discussions, all you do is flame or be cocky.

Funny, because the second thing he posted was actually somewhat correct. Yet he knows nothing? Also I'd have to agree, while it's a poor wireframe to look at for any help, it's technically not wrong, it's a shot of a wireframe of the model. Nothing he said was wrong, cocky, or trolling. So get off your own high horse and leave him to his own opinion. You had yours, he can have his, even if it isn't the same.

Quote: --- Original message by: Amazingcuziam

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z361/Amazingcuziam/sabre.jpg Project Sabre is officially a go. I know about the stupid smoothing errors on the front, they don't wanna go away :(.

What is that? Not meaning it's a crap model or anything that I can't tell what it is, I just don't know what it's supposed to be. Is it a remake of something or is it your own? Because it looks quite interesting.

Halo CE General Discussion » Heres what I think. Nov 17, 2010 07:57 PM (Total replies: 13)

I agree. I wound up leaving the one mapping team I was a part of, I just dropped out of the community without saying anything actually. Still have a model I was UVW-ing for them. (Which I may finish and release if I can find out if it ever was/anyone cared/knows who to credit.)

Also, I can understand people getting upset if they're younger when people critique their work. Most times, they just need to try and understand it's to help. Sometimes it's people being idiots.

I don't even know what to discuss for once, you pretty much summed it up.

In with the lock lmao.
Edited by Caboose117 on Nov 17, 2010 at 07:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » What do you guys think of a full auto shotgun? Nov 17, 2010 03:58 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: inkscape13
Do NOT make a full auto shotgun cuz you would have some annoying 5 yr olds spraying all over with it like some terrible noobs.

While that would normally be a problem, it's being used for a SP map. So unless you have annoying 5 year old marines spraying it at you, you wont have that problem. And at that point i'm going to ask you why there are five year old marines, and why are they even shooting at you?

Quote: --- Original message by: Karima Narstrom
Make it shoot nukes!!!!

Nooooooooo! Nukes don't fit in the barrel!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bump Maps, UVW, and Animation Nov 16, 2010 09:22 PM (Total replies: 5)

Bumpmaps: Open one up in Guerilla, you'll see a button to show the bitmap, cick on that, you'll see a drop down box about alpha channels, look at that for an example.

UVWs: UVW map is the simple version, just play around with the settings till it looks right. If not, look up a tutorial on UVW Unwrap. That is the sort of plane by plane texturing you meant.

Animations: Specify more? If you mean cutscene like animations, I don't think recorded animations work. If you mean vehicle animations in general, learn how to animate something using one of those elevator tutorials, however for a complete breakdown of commonly needed animations for them, look through this sections stickies, theres a bunch of lists in one of them.

When I get a computer capable of running CE/Max, I'll see what I can do about making some tutorials in my spare time. Probably wouldn't happen until Christmas time or so.

Halo CE General Discussion » What do you guys think of a full auto shotgun? Nov 16, 2010 09:11 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skyancez3o4
Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
Ironically, a pistol is the strongest weapon.

I nerfed the pistol. If you must know, go here:
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic/28114-b30-marines-point-of-view/
@assasincheif
It's a secret weapon. Of course Im not just gonna put that less ammo in it. If you could get it, it will have a decent amount of ammo to finish the level.

Im gonna make this shotty a bit more powerful and making it 8 bursts per shot.
It should down an elite on legendary after 4 bursts and should kill a hunter with 5 mags(into the armour) and 1 mag into the skin (if you could aim it or get lucky)

That sounds like a reasonable power for an auto-shotgun.

Halo CE General Discussion » Beige doesn't work anymore? Nov 16, 2010 12:53 PM (Total replies: 6)

Dennis took it out because of it being semi abused. Go look in the WIP Biped topic, it was discussed there (although don't post about it, it was derailed enough by me and others)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Simple exporting question. Nov 16, 2010 10:49 AM (Total replies: 8)

You're doing the same thing as you would with chimp right? There's not just bluestreak you have to use, you also have to use the grablistener with it...

If you're doing that, I have no idea, I've never used gmax before.

Halo CE General Discussion » What do you guys think of a full auto shotgun? Nov 16, 2010 09:20 AM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: Shade117 pro

Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
AA12 is almost as broken as the spas 12.i think with a slower fire rate, yes.

you dont know what the AA12 is do you?

It is a fully automatic shotgun with a firerate of (from what i remember) 4 rounds per second, It has less recoil because of the automatic fire (wow, its true. It doesnt buck.) and it isnt a weapon that is used in the battlefield. It is used in Urban situations. Urban situations = buildings = cqc (close quarters combat) = not needing a very accurate weapon when firing at someone 3-5 meters away from you. And the AA12 has a maximum range of 5-7 meters (from what i remember, im not sure but its around those numbers.) The weapon doesnt break, and any type of magazine case can be used on it (i.e. Barrel, Clip, etc.). It can fire more than one type of round. Not only shotgun but rifle bullets too. Just as long as the mag fits.
Edited by Shade117 pro on Nov 16, 2010 at 03:55 AM

Lol, if you read the rest of the thread, you would've realized I looked up the effective range of the AA-12, and it's about 100 metres(in real life, not in games). Also, they are used on the battlefield, hell those things have been mounted on vehicles. Also, no gun is more accurate because it's fully automatic. The AA-12 was designed with anti-recoil measures in place, if anything. And the rate of fire is actually 300-360 rounds per minute, which surprised me.

However, he was probably talking about video games, in which case everything you said is kinda true.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod Nov 16, 2010 01:11 AM (Total replies: 793)

I love you, have my children?

Seriously, that's amazing. Never would I have imagined Halo PC/CE looking this good.

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 4:54 PM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website