A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: JimDaRulah
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 1, 2015 08:39 PM
Interests: Coding, Video Games
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Halo Custom Edition, Grand Theft Auto 4, Minecraft, Skyrim, Just Cause 2
It's been a while

Post Statistics
JimDaRulah has contributed to 131 posts out of 469494 total posts (.03%) in 2,813 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » I just reinstalled from disk, need help. Nov 1, 2015 08:39 PM (Total replies: 5)

Ah, yeah I do. Thanks for the help!

Halo CE General Discussion » I just reinstalled from disk, need help. Nov 1, 2015 08:31 PM (Total replies: 5)

Do I need both versions or just the CE version?

Halo CE General Discussion » I just reinstalled from disk, need help. Nov 1, 2015 08:14 PM (Total replies: 5)

I have none of the patches for either Halo or Halo: Custom Edition. Do I need to install them all or do the latest patches cover everything?

Halo CE General Discussion » Something interesting about a vídeo from 343i Oct 29, 2015 12:12 AM (Total replies: 53)

Gross, tinypic

There's a great image hosting service that doesn't show tons of crap-tastic ads, it's called imgur.

Halo CE General Discussion » Are there still active CE servers? Oct 26, 2015 10:59 PM (Total replies: 27)

Hey! Man, it's been forever since I've been here.

I remembered Halo CE just now and a wave of nostalgia came over me so I came to visit the halomaps forum for the first time in years. Are there still active servers for the game? I'd love to reinstall and play if there are, I just need to find my disc...
Edited by JimDaRulah on Oct 26, 2015 at 10:59 PM
Edited by JimDaRulah on Oct 26, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Jun 7, 2012 12:54 PM (Total replies: 161)

Hey guys, I'm back, sorry I haven't been around, the month of may has been relatively chaotic in terms of my schoolwork and some things have been going down on my minecraft server so I've had to step back for a bit, I just finished the last of my finals and I can't wait to continue with this project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Introduction Apr 29, 2012 11:00 PM (Total replies: 30)

I'm going to be honest. Thorn Beast is only okay, Lamb Chops are far tastier.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need a Vehicle Animator Apr 28, 2012 07:52 PM (Total replies: 6)

Lmt Heretic has modeled a covenant equivalent to the Draco for extinction 2.0, but we have no one to animate it, would anyone be interested in helping us?

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 28, 2012 07:50 PM (Total replies: 161)

We need a vehicle animator, anyone interested?

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 27, 2012 11:34 PM (Total replies: 161)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Are you kidding? This is obviously Kane's fault.

http://images.wikia.com/cnc/images/a/a3/CNCTW_Kane.png

How's that hangar coming, Tiel? ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 27, 2012 08:33 PM (Total replies: 161)

Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows
Quote: --- Original message by: LMT Heretic

Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: jaz
Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
ok jaz, just throw blame onto me.

ive just been saying my opinion, but if people think that he is doing a great job, then its not my problem

I'm not blaming you. I'm just saying it's your fault that your opinion was there for me to be provoked by. ;)

thats like if the nazis said we dont hate you for what you i've done,we hate you because you did nothing....
Edited by LMT Heretic on Apr 26, 2012 at 08:35 PM

But he has got a point. Jaz probably thought abkarch had more knowledge about the work going on, and so followed his. It was an honest mistake.

Please make this a quote pyramid.

Now now, guys. It's in the past now, let's not play the blame game it's nobody's fault.

Halo CE General Discussion » I'll do drawing requests. Apr 27, 2012 08:31 PM (Total replies: 38)

Can't wait to see my suggestion! :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 26, 2012 12:57 PM (Total replies: 161)

Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
I would suggest using seraphs as the equivalent to longwords, giving them high rate of fire plasma turret such as the shade, possibly using the same 3 bolt firing. Add a secondary fire that works like a bomber firing a volley of missiles which arc downwards.
This gives it a powerful primary weapon if aimed well, and a devastating bombing run.

The Seraph simply does not match up to the longsword in any way shape or form. Not to mention we've figured out the model itself is broken, and will never allow any form of projectile to NOT fire crisscross. For a covenant longsword equivalent, we've turned to a vehicle dubbed the 'Krakken'. Echo plans to arm it with a primary of double red plasma bolt cannons and a secondary of a carpet bomb of revenant-sized plasma mortars. The longsword will also undergo some armament changes, for one, we're pretty sure that the missiles will be changed to .50 caliber rounds for a primary, and the secondary will be a carpet bombing with explosions around the size of a tank round.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I'll do drawing requests. Apr 25, 2012 09:00 PM (Total replies: 38)

I think I suggested the coolest picture, too bad I'm fourth in line :(

Halo CE General Discussion » I'll do drawing requests. Apr 25, 2012 06:09 PM (Total replies: 38)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick

I tried drawing... but my results were okay...

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a464/xpfe5zrm/e913f780.jpg

What do you guys think?
Edited by ODST_Nick on Apr 25, 2012 at 06:03 PM

This is obviously the new enemy you fight in Halo 4

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 25, 2012 06:01 PM (Total replies: 161)

Well, we decided that, after talking to FMT Masterchief for the first time since he offered his services, he will not be part of the project. We deduced he would cause many unneeded problems for us down the road. If anyone would like to do opensauce shadering, send me a PM.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 25, 2012 at 06:33 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I'll do drawing requests. Apr 25, 2012 04:18 PM (Total replies: 38)

A battle to the death between the remaining covenant and human forces on the first Halo ring when it blows up. Have the two factions in a bloody close-quarters combat situation as fire surrounds them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 25, 2012 02:05 PM (Total replies: 161)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Ah, well, I guess I see what you mean then. A little supervision guidance can be helpful. Sorry, abkarch was provoking me into thinking you're just literally demanding things, which I've seen a lot of people do. -.-

Nah dude, we're just a bunch of guys united under the same goal: Give an old favorite map a fresh coat of paint.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 25, 2012 at 02:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 25, 2012 01:54 PM (Total replies: 161)

Quote: --- Original message by: JimDaRulah

Well, can I join the team then please?

I'll go ahead and do what I'm meant to do. Write plans, set up timetables, sort out meetings, beta-test, routinely cane people, swear about random mistakes, and uh... supervise?

If you actually want to, sure. Or was that sarcasm?

Edit: By the way, I haven't been swearing at people or anything of the sort, the team has done wonderful work.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 25, 2012 at 01:29 PM

I was sarcastically pointing out what supervising actually consists of. It's actually pretty easy, but then again, I've been doing it for about 2 years. I ran a clan with over 60 members and it only actually took me about 10 minutes a day to deal with everything, and starting the clan up only took about an hour. And that's including creating logos, which you theoretically shouldn't need to do. ;)
Nowadays, after that clan's been closed and I now run a few other clans, probably making up about double the same amount of members, it takes me about 2 minutes a day to deal with everything, and starting RPT up only took about 2 hours, and most of that work was pointless out of boredom.

And I might maybe actually do it at some point if you need, but for now, take that proposal as sarcasm. ;)

E:
Oh and meetings aren't hard at all if you organise them properly. My meetings which overview tons of changes only take about 10 minutes. And by tons of changes, I mean about 2 months worth of changes. I barely ever have meetings. :P

Edited by Jaz on Apr 25, 2012 at 01:41 PM

Well, I know what you mean, I, too run an online community of nearly 100 members (http://www.Vanilla-Craft.com) for my minecraft server, and it can be very easy to run things most of the time. For this project I'm mainly here to see how things are doing and provide suggestions, the real heroes of this project are the guys making everything we need to make this map a reality. I just thought that maybe my leadership skills learned from running a large community might come in handy when doing this project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction Revamp Team Apr 25, 2012 01:28 PM (Total replies: 161)

Well, can I join the team then please?

I'll go ahead and do what I'm meant to do. Write plans, set up timetables, sort out meetings, beta-test, routinely cane people, swear about random mistakes, and uh... supervise?

If you actually want to, sure. Or was that sarcasm?

Edit: By the way, I haven't been swearing at people or anything of the sort, the team has done wonderful work.
Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 25, 2012 at 01:29 PM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 9:15 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website