Theta has contributed to 19 posts out of 469698 total posts
(0.00%) in 2,863 days (.01 posts per day).
20 Most recent posts:
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I'm going to play neutral observer here.
Kazuya made a cool projectile, nothing extraordinarly hard to make, but it's cool and well done.
No idea why people on this forum still resort to such childisch name-calling and pointless arguments, you'd think time would bring maturity and perspective.
If you'd been around long enough to see the quality of an average one of his posts on previously banned accounts you'd say differently. Frosty's his name, 4chin mems are his game.
Now that's what I call frosty. It almost reminds me of someone.
Quote: --- Original message by: TrapChan
Well... are you going to ask a question or not? I want to have a decent conversation on Halomaps for once. :|
Maybe stop spamming this forum first and go post a gamergate thread where someone cares?
Quote: --- Original message by: Alice
Do you post gamergate threads for free?
Or are you just assblasted after getting banned from /v/?
Quote: --- Original message by: Alice
WAHHHHHHHH I'M TRIGGERED! I'M GOING TO MY TUMBLR TO WRITE ABOUT YOU.
Go back to /v/
Quote: --- Original message by: FrostyCyphre
That's all for my essay on the state of the gaming, Anything else that needs to addressed?
Edited by FrostyCyphre on Jul 19, 2014 at 06:34 AM
Maybe the fact that this is very off topic and will only cause 5 pages of arguing about nothing until Dennis comes along and locks the thread?
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
Text elements for clickable menu's dont need to be more than the amount of pixels they take up on the screen. Otherwise you can just make flat planes as scenery with high resolution bitmaps on them using the un-lit shader transparent chicago for background elements. I say if its not going to be clicked on just make it scenery object close to the camera.
yeah but what about the text? it will still be blurry wont it?
I'm trying to make a star wars ui for custom edition but the words looks really blurry and bad. I've read that the default ui can only be 640 by 480 pixels but is there a way to make the limit bigger so the words and pictures are 1080p?
i want the ui to look like this but 1080p
actually i changed my mind these are cooler
Everyone should check this page out its pretty amazing http://www.pinterest.com/rednutwonder/3d-logos/
btw ASCENDANTJUSTICE where can i get that font you use in yours, i dont like the logo but the font is still nice
Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
i found arby's tumblr and this is his preliminary design for the new ce3 logo
looks LEGIT http://i.imgur.com/KBhDQIF.jpg
dude thats disgusting
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
(Just getting around to this) but for whatever reason adding too much 3d depth to a logo makes it look strange for me. Like, idk why. You don't see too many logos that look like they were created in 3ds max and I think that's for a reason too. No offense to your work. I'm just curious if I'm the only one with this standpoint?
i agree theres too much it would be better if its like this:
its less shiny and the letters go together which is cool
wow thats sick... did you make this model yourself?
u do realize all he's done is switch one number from their official logo and change the hue right? not really that impressive
why would they take away a selling point of the one by putting the halo collection on the pc?
It'd be pretty stupid decision to make if you wanna get as much money as possible
13. Okay, so I've got my images, I load Tool++, select bitmap, load my image and hit run tool. It gives me this:
==> !!WARNING!! failed to open TIFF: file does not exist <==
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
Is this supposed to happen? And where do the compiled bitmaps go after they're processed by tool? Do you need a specific file type for tool to work?
2 more questions:
11. Has anyone seen a map that looks nothing like halo? I'm looking for a few examples.
12. Can someone explain fp arms or whatever they are called? From what I have seen it is a model of the arms and a weapon on your screen but my question is: Are the arms and weapon related? I mean if they are part of one model, couldn't you theoretically have a different set of arms for every gun you pick up?
? I don't understand
Hi all, I'm Theta, simple as that. I've been watching halomaps for a bit and thought it was about time I joined. I was sort of inspired by JimDaRulah to do it today.
Anyway, since I know pretty much zero about HCE modding, I've made this thread about questions in point form. I hope to contribute a lot!
I will update this pretty regularly
1. Is it possible to have a rectangular radar on the HUD?
2. Is it possible to have a minimap on the radar like this?
3. Can new functions be added to UI? like an extra menu in the main menu?
4. Is there a thread for HUDs and UIs? I can't find it if there is.
5. What controls the pause menu appearance in halo? the map file or the UI file?
6. Does the map file control fonts?
7. Is it possible to add a custom endgame score screen to a map? If so, how?
8. Can anyone point me to a tutorial for HUDs/UIs for an absolute beginner?
9. For a UI where would I modify the loading screen?
10. Okay this is kinda unrelated but I saw something like it in a different thread. This is a big question to Dennis: Can I send you an image pack to upload? Of course they would all be appropriate and you could check them personally.