A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: G_Maverick
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 26, 2012 11:15 AM
Interests: Halo, Being Awesome, Psychological Warfare, Philosophy
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo
Half the world has an IQ below 100.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
G_Maverick has contributed to 110 posts out of 469375 total posts (.02%) in 2,725 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Bump.

Hey, that revenant looks amazing. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, turns out online college classes are work-intensive, vehicle modeling really isn't my forte, and my family is going through some rough stuff right now; I haven't really been in the mood or had the time to do much of anything.

Anyway just wanted to say keep up the good work with the revenant; I just know it's gonna be amazing. I might frequent this site less for a while, so if anybody has any pressing questions, please e-mail me at rickreid@gmail.com.

Bye!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » to many actors? Jul 11, 2012 08:02 AM (Total replies: 9)

You have to make one of the actors the main actor and set the other actors to be children of it in the hierarchy view. Go to select object by list and click each object to make them children of the same main object.

Wow, looks pretty cool, Skidrow. The animations seem pretty fluid.

Oh, well that's just going to be another function with tool.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Radiosity advanced very slow Jul 7, 2012 10:22 AM (Total replies: 4)

Doing lightmaps in Sapien is just really slow. If you want a quicker one, you can do a lower-quality radiosity (radiosity_quality 0).

Some of the objects or hud messages you referenced may be non-existent, or some functions may be being used incorrectly; that's what "this parenthesis is unmatched" means. However, this seems like the symptoms of a larger problem. Go to a previous version of the map you are working on, or retrace your steps to see what action could have triggered this. You might have deleted something else like a flag or something important unrelated to the script.

Well Kingfish, it's a complicated process that involves extracting the music from the .sound file and re-compressing it in one giant .sound file with no permutations. Halo Map Tools 3.0 can pull it out, and Goldwave can turn the OGG VORBIS into the correct .wav format. From there you use tool like you were compressing any other halo music.

Honestly, there are things that a lot of people can do in Halo, and somethings few people can do. Most people know very basic things, like how to stumble around Sapien and Guerilla. These people don't post much, and usually become inactive after several months. Although there are technically thousands of registered users, there is usually anywhere from 8 to 20 people on a certain part of Halo Maps at a given time. Custom UIs are something that are not necessary for people to learn when they are modding Halo, so they usually skip over it or aren't aware of its existence.

I've been modding for about a year now, and I know more than most people about modding maps (which isn't saying too much, like I said, most members are inactive), but I've never done any of this stuff, and the people who do spent a lot of time learning it for use in a personal mod that is taking up a lot of their time.

One thing I can do perfectly is .sound and .sound_looping files. This is something that many people struggle with or do incorrectly, and I would be more than happy to take any .wav or .mp3 and convert it into a .sound or ,sound_looping file for your project.

Hope this helps. If you need any other help on some other aspect of Halo map design, please let me know.

-G_Maverick

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI help Jul 7, 2012 09:49 AM (Total replies: 8)

AI manipulation is an intricate process. Even one thing out of place can mess things up. I'm going to need a LOT of information in order to determine what is going on with you AI.

How are the AI behaving? Are they moving to a location, or are they just standing there? I'm also going to need a screen capture of one of the setups for one of your squads. Select one of your squads in Sapien and capture what pops up on the screen. I'll also need a similar capture of one of your encounters and one of your starting locations. From there fixing the AI should be relatively easy.

EDIT: Almost forgot, make sure you aren't using any commands to move the AI around, or if you are make sure they do not have initiative checked.
Edited by G_Maverick on Jul 7, 2012 at 09:51 AM

Bump Girl!

Update: Well, the falcon works, but it's a little wonky to fly. Anyone who knows anything about vehicles is encouraged to join our team and help us out.

Sup guys, hey if you need your .sound or .sound_looping files fixed, I can do that for you.

Well that Falcon looks amazing. You're definitely going to boost our team. HMT has the exact same goal of bringing Reach to HCE. You said you were an animator, you don't know how good that is to hear. I can do a lot of single-player things on HCE, anything, you name it. But animation is so different from my experiences that I never even touch that stuff, just don't have the ability for it. Yeah, this is gonna be awesome.

Hey, can you send me a copy of that tagset, I'm working on the single-player side of the powerhouse level we're working on, and I wanted to put the falcon in.
Edited by G_Maverick on Jun 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Falcon: #254 degenerate triangles Jun 22, 2012 10:41 PM (Total replies: 2)

I'm currently building the reach Falcon based on a max model I found on this site. I've successfully developed the .model_collision_geometry file for the vehicle, but when I go to make the .gbxmodel, I get this. Sapien won't create the falcon in game because it says OUT OF OBJECTS, no doubt due to this error. I did not draw the physical model itself, so any insight into what my problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

Looks good. Wait, what's going on? I feel out of the loop. I'd like some information about this FRMT: it's goals, the experience and technical skills of it's members, and perhaps links to maps you guys have made in the past. We're excited to have you on board, whoever you are.

P.S. If any of your members have experience working with animations, HaloExtreme117 would love to contact you.

Thanks, Skidrow, they were at the bottom of the .weapon_hud_interface tags under "Messaging." I should have tose icon bitmaps fixed in no time. And ally, we'd love to have you aboard. Right now, I'm creating the Falcon vehicle. Yep, that's right, all by myself. I figure it'll be a great contribution to the Halo Maps community as well as an enormous boost to the authenticity of our maps. I took the 3DS Max model, learned the basics of 3DS Max 7, learned how to make flying halo vehicles, and I'm creating the .model_collision_geometry right now. 3DS Max is different from Inventor, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Vehicle from scratch. Jun 16, 2012 08:44 PM (Total replies: 9)

Are vehicles cross compatible with halo 1? If they are, I'd love to contact him.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3DS Max Views Jun 15, 2012 07:40 AM (Total replies: 4)

Oh my gosh, Ally, thanks, you're a lifesaver. I can't believe it was as simple as three buttons. I could've mashed the keyboard and gotten them back.

And you were right, rerout, he had saved it in perspective view.
Edited by G_Maverick on Jun 15, 2012 at 07:42 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3DS Max Views Jun 14, 2012 11:43 PM (Total replies: 4)

I am editing a 3DS Max model that I found on this site in 3DS Max 7. The model is all there, but only the perspective view is there, the top, front, and side views are gone. I get the three error messages that those three .jpg files cannot be found. Is there a way to restore these .jpgs since I have the full model? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I need help Jun 14, 2012 11:31 PM (Total replies: 5)

There might be one out there, but this is kinda basic stuff, and by the time someone decides to make a tutorial, they usually have a lot of knowledge about HCE in general, and they sometimes assume that others have comparable knowledge. I'd be glad to walk you through the process step by step. When you get the error message, proceed as if everything is normal, like you just put in a working vehicle. When you exit all those dialog boxes, you should see white text that appears on your screen saying things in what probably appears to be in a foreign language to you. This text will only stay on the screen for 15 or so seconds, so you need to get a screen image of it. This is accomplished with the print-screen function. On your keyboard should be a button that says PRTSC. Click this and an image of your monitor is stored by the computer. Now, you need to move this to a file. Open paint and paste it in there. Save the image. Send the image to me at rickreid@gmail.com, and I can tell you which files are missing, which files you will need and how to do all of that.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Vehicle from scratch. Jun 14, 2012 09:28 PM (Total replies: 9)

Wow, thanks waffles, that helped a lot, it's exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait to start modeling. I'm going to be making the reach Falcon as part of HMT Reach Project.

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 1:20 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website