A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: HaloExtreme117
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 13, 2013 06:39 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
~Gone~

Post Statistics
HaloExtreme117 has contributed to 624 posts out of 469529 total posts (.13%) in 2,782 days (.22 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2013 Live Jul 13, 2013 06:39 PM (Total replies: 589)

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Congrats to whoever managed to get those MS points (goldkilla?)

The show was great. Waiting for CE3 2014.

Ha, I wish. I dun haz me Xbox with me.

You can redeem points on xbox.com, no need for an Xbox.

Halo CE General Discussion » HEK+ OS_Tool.exe Plugin. Mar 20, 2013 03:31 PM (Total replies: 11)

Os_tool build-cache-file-ex "" 0 0 1 levels\cryotech\cryotech

Halo CE General Discussion » HEK+ OS_Tool.exe Plugin. Mar 20, 2013 03:07 PM (Total replies: 11)

Separate the params. 0 0 1, not 001.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Mar 13, 2013 03:14 PM (Total replies: 1207)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I herd OS lets you get around size limits?

You have a /lot/ more tagspace, but memory upgrades are yelo only.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 5, 2013 02:58 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
The problem is, You never friggin' STOP voicing your opinions.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Constructive criticism is a great tool. Often, its good to have an outside perspective.

Ftfy.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Feb 18, 2013 10:40 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: jabberwockxeno
I've redowloaded the campaign and shared map files 3 times now, and they still won't load in adjutant.

To clarify, the SP map files work, but the one named "campaign" does not. Same goes for the one named "shared".

Campaign.map and shared.map are referenced by other maps, and aren't supposed to be opened directly. You still need to have them in your map directory though.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Feb 17, 2013 09:27 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloExtreme117

Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
Just showing pictures of 3d stuff doesn't mean the creators will necessarily post a download link of the actual 3d model for you to use.

Of course, but I find it hard to beiilive that none of them would do so. Clearly, if a person is working on a bunch of models and assets, at least some of them intend to release them for use.

Anways, does adjutant come with an EMF exporter built in?

Clearly, you're very wrong. Let's steer away from that topic though.

Adjutant does indeed.

Can you point out where, then? I see in the settings menu that you can choose to export the meshes as OBJs, EMFs, or JMS files, but OBJs can't save skeleton data, and I'm not familiar with JMS.

Furthermore, can one explain what the different settings do on there? The BDS/tag filter and short class names, in particular.

Select EMF in the settings menu, then all batch extracts will extract as .EMF.
JMS is the format that Tool uses, so if you're getting stuff into CE, you can extract directly to your data directory and compile with no extra work.
Short class names is exactly that, shorter tag class names. For example, "render_model" becomes "mode"
(if I'm remembering correctly, that is. I don't use short class names).
@Edit:
Yep, redownload them.

Regarding that offtopic section, send me a PM and I'll discuss that via PMs instead.
Edited by HaloExtreme117 on Feb 17, 2013 at 09:10 PM

Alright, but then how do I get the EMF files into something I can use, like .3ds, .max, or .dae?

Get the 3ds max EMF importer. Tools menu.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Feb 17, 2013 09:05 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Just showing pictures of 3d stuff doesn't mean the creators will necessarily post a download link of the actual 3d model for you to use.

Of course, but I find it hard to beiilive that none of them would do so. Clearly, if a person is working on a bunch of models and assets, at least some of them intend to release them for use.

Adjutant does indeed.

Can you point out where, then? I see in the settings menu that you can choose to export the meshes as OBJs, EMFs, or JMS files, but OBJs can't save skeleton data, and I'm not familiar with JMS.

Furthermore, can one explain what the different settings do on there? The BDS/tag filter and short class names, in particular.

Select EMF in the settings menu, then all batch extracts will extract as .EMF.
JMS is the format that Tool uses, so if you're getting stuff into CE, you can extract directly to your data directory and compile with no extra work.
Short class names is exactly that, shorter tag class names. For example, "render_model" becomes "mode"
(if I'm remembering correctly, that is. I don't use short class names).
@Edit:
Yep, redownload them.

Regarding that offtopic section, send me a PM and I'll discuss that via PMs instead.
Edited by HaloExtreme117 on Feb 17, 2013 at 09:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Feb 17, 2013 08:46 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Adjutant does indeed.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Feb 17, 2013 05:44 PM (Total replies: 1487)

So, bumping my post.

I'm downloading the map files now, once those are done, how do I need to have them set up so every with extract right?

Just chuck them all in one folder.

Will it export them in a organized way, though? Like, will weapons be in something like "reach/assets/meshes/shared/props/weapons"?

Batch extraction keeps original folder names as they are in the map's tags, single file extraction lets you choose where to store stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Feb 17, 2013 04:10 PM (Total replies: 1487)

So, bumping my post.

I'm downloading the map files now, once those are done, how do I need to have them set up so every with extract right?

Just chuck them all in one folder.

Halo CE General Discussion » Simple Biped Help Feb 17, 2013 02:25 PM (Total replies: 8)

Could you PM me some instructions? I know I'm being a noob, but I just want to learn all this cool OS stuff.

Look at Firefight Descent's loadouts for a good example, it's not hard once you learn your way around UI widgets. Send me a PM if you get stuck.

Halo CE General Discussion » Simple Biped Help Feb 17, 2013 02:19 PM (Total replies: 8)

Is there any way to make selectable armor permutations? with OS perhaps?

There's a stock script command for changing permutations. Combine that with a UI widget, and you have selectable armor permutations.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hud Scripting Issue Feb 15, 2013 11:03 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Your script name needs to be named something different than your object reference.

Both things cannot be rawwwwr.

(script continuous void aieeeeee
(begin
(unit_set_current_vitality rawwwwr
(*
(unit_get_health rawwwwr) 99.00)
(unit_get_total_grenade_count rawwwwr))
(set number
(+ number 1.00))
(if
(= number 16)
(set number 0))))

When I change the name, I still get 'rawwwwr' is not a valid object

Quote: --- Original message by: kornman00
1) remove the (begin) expressions from the start of your scripts, it's redundant
2) Only static/stub scripts can have return types. so change it to "(script continuous number"

Before I try this... are you referencing the first script I posted, or the second?

He's referencing both. You have unneeded (begin)'s and return types in both.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Beta Test] HMU Server Feb 12, 2013 10:46 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: reeiiko15
Will HAC2 work with these new maps?

Nope. -.-

Well, I guess I'll wait until somebody asks Btcc or one of OS's server hosts to upload the maps. I really can't be bothered to download a bunch of maps manually. Those days are over :P

If you send me a .7z or .rar of all needed maps, I'll upload them all in one go.

Irony is sweet, Mangenkyo. Irony is sweet.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 8, 2013 01:06 AM (Total replies: 1207)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lestat
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
om the other hand any news?

CV took the new tags down before Jesse or I could download them. Anybody PM me if your have them and have an Xfire account (that you actually use).

Other than that, Jesse and I are still trying to re-coordinate, as this whole incident took the project 10 steps backwards.

I still have the full archive, but I'm not using Xfire to send it. 99% of the time, Xfire screws up file transfers.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 on PC Feb 4, 2013 11:30 AM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lestat
I will say this: if it's going to be through Steam, I am NOT interested whatsoever.

Basically this.

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Wouldnt you need to place a scenery for each different player ?
And I think the object attach function haves sync issues...

Objects_attach doesn't sync at all. For it to sync in MP, you have to constantly attach and detach, and it's going to look terrible. Permutations are the way to go.
Edited by HaloExtreme117 on Feb 1, 2013 at 01:35 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Interesting.

On another level, how could we use the Rasterizer commands with scripts? would the same method work? For example, I wanted to use rasterizer_set_far_clip_distance "10" for a certain part of a level and it wouldn't work. I'm not home so I can't test, can anyone confirm a way to use this?

Yup. If it works via console, you can set it in a script.

(set rasterizer_set_far_clip_distance 10)

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 7:36 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website