A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Suprememessage
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 27, 2012 02:50 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Anything I can get my hands on, I'm a collector.
I am shadow, I am darkness, and I fear nothing.

Post Statistics
Suprememessage has contributed to 80 posts out of 469494 total posts (.02%) in 2,680 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent Official Thread Aug 27, 2012 02:50 PM (Total replies: 417)

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
That "unpolished" map inspired the "revolutionary" panels thank you very much :-)
And its bull that it was "highly" unpolished lol. A few glitches due to the pre-existing BSP and then some, but not highly unpolished lmao :-)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed firefight B40 and prior to the release of this map it was my favorite. But it didn't use many custom tags. it could've at least used a unique spartan for your partner and had different weapon tags.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent Official Thread Aug 27, 2012 02:10 PM (Total replies: 417)

After playing it I can say I think this is a revolutionary map. I've never seen this type of thing done before, and the only other map I've seen with infinite gameplay time was B40 firefight which was highly unpolished. This map is great.

Good work!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Spartan Biped (Release) Aug 27, 2012 01:47 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: CaptainVidya
Quote: --- Original message by: Suprememessage
Hmm maybe I have an edit of that tag because if you look at it the leg armor is different. Aswell as some minor details.

Yours is not an edit. Someone just fooled you into thinking that Jahrain's biped is the Halo 4 biped.

. Now I feel stupid.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 27, 2012 at 01:48 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Spartan Biped (Release) Aug 27, 2012 01:40 PM (Total replies: 28)

Hmm maybe I have an edit of that tag because if you look at it the leg armor is different. Aswell as some minor details.

xD I can't believe someone thought that Jahrain's biped was the Halo 4 Spartan.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 27, 2012 at 01:40 PM

Watch the trailer for Halo 4 and tell me they don't look similar.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 27, 2012 at 01:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Spartan Biped (Release) Aug 27, 2012 01:37 PM (Total replies: 28)

I have this biped lying around and I haven't seen it uploaded anywhere...

Anyone want me to upload it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Flood firefight Aug 27, 2012 01:34 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
One rule for situations like this:PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Here it is in Sapien because I didn't feel like using a third person app in game:

I can't upload it here because I don't know who made it or how I got it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Flood firefight Aug 26, 2012 07:25 PM (Total replies: 29)

Oh my god, it's like I let the cat out of the bag and everyone was trying to be the first to do it at the same time! D:

And actually I use a Halo 4 Spartan biped I don't remember how I got for my player model on my newest maps. It looks nice. It's Master cheif's armor from the Halo 4 trailer.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 26, 2012 at 07:27 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » New maps Coming! Aug 25, 2012 10:10 PM (Total replies: 6)

Sounds great albeit I hate powerhouse.

I wonder why people even bothered to port it to CE, much less Halo 2 Vista. It's by far the least appealing Halo Reach map (at least visually)

Halo CE General Discussion » Flood firefight Aug 25, 2012 09:33 PM (Total replies: 29)

Why hasn't it been done before? I'd do it myself but while I do have a ton of skill in modding maps I can't do scripting so I couldn't set up a "Real" firefight experience.

Does anyone wanna collaborate on a flood firefight map with me?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 25, 2012 07:07 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
Actually canon wise the melee makes sense since the flood's liquify the organs and the body starts to weaken so a melee strike would do a considerable amount of damage. Also in the newer Halo games melee does a lot to flood.

Aye I know what happens to an organism when they get turned into a Flood. But parts of their structure also becomes rather solid (such as tentacles if you want to use Halo 3 as an example. Or you could argue that the armour on the Flood also makes it more 'solid'.)

The problem I have with a one hit melee kill is that it just makes it easy to mash the melee button when Flood get in close.

Imo, just make it like a normal enemy. 2-3 hits for melee, and they're down.

Also just because you said that about the shotgun you lost a little bit of my respect.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 25, 2012 at 04:02 PM

Mind elaborating who that was directed to?

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The shotgun in H1 (and reach as well to an extent) was never an in your face weapon, that came with the abomination that was H2 and was slightly fixed in H3.

This is quickly turning into :opinions: but the H1 shotgun was a short-range/in-your-face weapon. The shell spread proves that. On-top of that, it becomes pretty useless at further range (Although, I'll give you that the shells individually are bloody OP, so even if most of the scatter misses, it'll still do a lot of damage. However, one could argue that Bungie tried rectified this in Halo 2/3.)

In the end, I think we're straying from the initial point... I was arguing in favour of adding the sword in as an alt. weapon, which would always add to the gameplay, but, if it's of your opinion it'll only ruin it, then by all means, don't add it. It is your mod after-all :).

Personally, I know myself, and quite a number of people probably want the sword to be added, and might be disappointed if you don't.

Just my two cents. If in the end run it does actually ruin gameplay, you can always remove it. I mean from what I can gather you're not releasing all the levels at the same time. So you have room for re-balancing and improvement in the future.

I was directing my comment towards Masters1337

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 25, 2012 03:56 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Not really... with a shotgun you can use cover, you can attack at range,

You can do the same with a sword? They were both designed to be close quarters weapons, the only difference, as you said, that the shotgun has a larger range. That's the trade-off. Larger range, but needs to reload, and has slight wait between firing (Sword also has a good wait time after striking too).

rarely do you end up in melee range with a shotgun,

If you're not getting in someones face with the shotgun, then you're doing it wrong. There's a reason it has a shell spread. So that the closer you get, the more damage capable you are. This bringing it back to it being designed as a close quarter weapon.

Our melee's have always been 1 hit kills on flood that don't have energy shields,

pls no :(

Actually canon wise the melee makes sense since the flood's liquify the organs and the body starts to weaken so a melee strike would do a considerable amount of damage. Also in the newer Halo games melee does a lot to flood.

Encounters and enemies are based on interesting gameplay, there's nothing interesting about getting in as close as you can and mashing a button.

If this was the case the shotgun would have zero appeal, when in reality it's probably one of the most sought-after weapons. If you mean in terms of the sword, personally, it's because it doesn't have enough of a draw-back that it appears to 'ruin gameplay'. But, you could argue, it's creating it's own gameplay by doing so.

It's opinions really. If you restrict a player so he can't get "up close and personal" with a weapon, you are in essence, restricting a form of gameplay.

Personally I find it very satisfying to get up close to say, an elite, and put a ton of shotgun shells straight into his face.

Not really... with a shotgun you can use cover, you can attack at range, rarely do you end up in melee range with a shotgun, unless you have stunned an enemy with it and are out of ammo so want to go in for the quick melee kill. Our melee's have always been 1 hit kills on flood that don't have energy shields, and we have the spiker and BS for anyone who does want an extra powerful melee.

@lodex, the Elite is our most powerful enemy, and are infinitely more fun to fight with guns than instant lunge weapons.

Also just because you said that about the shotgun you lost a little bit of my respect.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 25, 2012 at 04:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 25, 2012 02:27 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Encounters and enemies are based on interesting gameplay, there's nothing interesting about getting in as close as you can and mashing a button.

If this was the case the shotgun would have zero appeal, when in reality it's probably one of the most sought-after weapons. If you mean in terms of the sword, personally, it's because it doesn't have enough of a draw-back that it appears to 'ruin gameplay'. But, you could argue, it's creating it's own gameplay by doing so.

It's opinions really. If you restrict a player so he can't get "up close and personal" with a weapon, you are in essence, restricting a form of gameplay.

Personally I find it very satisfying to get up close to say, an elite, and put a ton of shotgun shells straight into his face.

Not really... with a shotgun you can use cover, you can attack at range, rarely do you end up in melee range with a shotgun, unless you have stunned an enemy with it and are out of ammo so want to go in for the quick melee kill. Our melee's have always been 1 hit kills on flood that don't have energy shields, and we have the spiker and BS for anyone who does want an extra powerful melee.

@lodex, the Elite is our most powerful enemy, and are infinitely more fun to fight with guns than instant lunge weapons.

Really? The flood are one hit kills with melee? Does that hold true on legendary because I seem to remember in SPV2's D40 (Those flood tags were fantastic and I hope to see more of them, although the instant human explosion got old) I see to remember that while minor and major flood elites took one hit melee that any higher took like three melee hits.

General Machinima Discussions » We're backkkk(: New members wanted! Aug 25, 2012 02:03 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Barron
sure! whats your skype? Feel free to pm me it to if you choose!

My skype is suprememessage. Also one of the works I'm most proud of was me making icefields during a blizzard, which let me tell you, looked fantastic.

Quote: --- Original message by: aLTis
maybe you removed it only from pallete. you also need to remove all scenery objcets that uses it. just find a scenery section and remove everything you dont need and then remove it from palette.

If you read it I said I tried that too but then it changes to a generic exception when I try to compile.

Hello, I don't have the exact error but let me explain what happens.

So I find out in tool that I can't compile a map because the cache is too big, okay, fine. I remove some unused scenery tags with Guerilla to make room for the main parts of my mod like the weapons and AI. so far so good.

But when I go to compile it gives an error basically saying it's still trying to use this scenery such as

"#17 is not a valid scenery index file" but that's just my paraphrasing."

When I remove all the actual placed scenery that uses scenery tag 17, I get a generic exception while compiling, what am I doing wrong?

I use the latest version of Halo Custom editon (1.09) so older versions won't work.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 24, 2012 07:47 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

I have a question that may have been answered before but I haven't particularly had the time to look through several pages to find out.

Do you have any plans on upgrading the grunt biped? (I used to jokingly say it's because they look cute in low res) because It kind of kills the mood to see all this great work with normal mapping and high res textures and then looking at the poor little grunt.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 24, 2012 at 07:33 PM

A guy was in the process of making a high-res Grunt, but then he ran away and has not been heard from in like half a year. We do not have his source files so we can't finish what he started. So for the time being, upgrading the Grunt is on hold since we can use our time on other stuff.
Edited by teh lag on Aug 24, 2012 at 07:47 PM

Man if I was better at modeling I'd do it myself but meh.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 24, 2012 07:43 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
...or they could just be oblivious of Canon and just place Johnson where they like.

But we're all too dedicated to do something none-cannon.

Or atleast I'm too dedicated to play something that couldn't be canon. I'll make slight exceptions in what I play in that regards (Halo wars was pretty fun)

Personally I would sacrifice Canon for aesthetics and gameplay.

Can't we have both?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 24, 2012 07:32 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

Quote: --- Original message by: Spark
wow its been a while since anyone has posted anything whats up with that.

Well, we have been hard at work these last few days on a lot of important stuff, and we haven't had time recently to put something pretty together for people to look at. Soon you may see some of it.
Edited by teh lag on Aug 24, 2012 at 07:30 PM

I have a question that may have been answered before but I haven't particularly had the time to look through several pages to find out.

Do you have any plans on upgrading the grunt biped? (I used to jokingly say it's because they look cute in low res) because It kind of kills the mood to see all this great work with normal mapping and high res textures and then looking at the poor little grunt.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 24, 2012 at 07:33 PM

General Machinima Discussions » We're backkkk(: New members wanted! Aug 24, 2012 07:30 PM (Total replies: 15)

I cannot do most of those things. But I have a lot of experience in somethings that could be helpful.

Namely I could make you maps to film on. Not only that but I have experience making particle systems so you could have some really cool effects. I also can make you some custom tags to work with that would be helpful in filming

But I use Open Sauce so I am not able to use Xfire but I do use Skype.
Edited by Suprememessage on Aug 24, 2012 at 07:31 PM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 2:14 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website