A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ShadowStrangle55
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 7, 2013 03:06 PM
Interests: Animating, drawing/sketching, composing/mixing.
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Anything good and unique. Not a lot of mainstream games.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
ShadowStrangle55 has contributed to 11 posts out of 469347 total posts (0.00%) in 2,581 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Jul 7, 2013 03:06 PM (Total replies: 834)

Quote: --- Original message by: videoman

EDIT!:
I can confirm that I can preview AND extract the announcer voice dialogue. To find these files, I would HIGHLY recommend to everyone to switch to the "Folder Hierarchy" view, which can be accessed via the view tap at the top of Adjutant. This has greatly helped me when I am looking for something specific (in this case, sounds). You still have trouble finding the announcer voice dialogue, then let me know. But if you are switch to the view I just recommended you should not have ANY problems finding what you are looking for.

Hope this helps. Also when extracting sounds files from Halo Reach, make sure you have "towave.exe" in the same directory as the "Adjutant.exe" file. This IS a must to have any of the sounds work properly. I hope this help everyone having issues with listening and extracting sounds from Halo Reach.
Edited by videoman on Jul 1, 2013 at 02:27 AM

Yeah, I tried this and I realized I was looking in the wrong places. In Folder Hierarchy view, the announcer dialogues are in the sounds\dialog\multiplayer_en\ folder paths for ODST and for Reach, they were in the sounds\dialog\multiplayer paths. It gives you all the folders with corresponding game types.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Jun 26, 2013 01:25 AM (Total replies: 834)

Yeah, the campaign combat dialogue is used for firefight as well. It's the same for Reach but I had no problem extracting the firefight dialogue from it unlike waffles. If you're looking for specific character dialogue, I think the folder names matched up to these:

Dutch = marine6
Mickey = marine2
Romeo = marine3
Buck = sarge2

The others are pretty self-explanatory.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release May 19, 2013 07:59 PM (Total replies: 834)

I posted this on the other thread. When I try to extract certain sound tags, music or sfx in general from Halo 3, ODST or Reach, it gives me one of two errors:

1. Error extracting sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\loop.snd!:
--Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

2. Error extracting sound\music\amb\glue\d_glue_low\track1\out.snd!:
--Number was less than the array's lower bound in the first dimension.
Parameter name: dstIndex

Previews and manual/batch-extracting don't work for these. Oh and cinematic snd tags won't extract either. I guess full sound extraction is still in progress.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 9, 2013 07:20 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Okay, so when I try to extract certain music files from Halo 3 I get one of two error messages:

1. Error extracting sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\loop.snd!:
--Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

2. Error extracting sound\music\amb\glue\d_glue_low\track1\out.snd!:
--Number was less than the array's lower bound in the first dimension.
Parameter name: dstIndex

The previews for these files don't work, and saving them by batch extract or manually doesn't work either. I'm using the 010_jungle.map but it also happens in other maps as well. The cutscene music doesn't seem to be extractable either. Other than that though, everything else works fine. Awesome job Gravemind!

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 music loops problem... Oct 27, 2012 01:34 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hmm...I figured as much. It's strange how only the music files have this problem. The other sound files when extracted seem to work fine...anyways thanks for the tip.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 music loops problem... Oct 21, 2012 06:41 PM (Total replies: 2)

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when I try to extract music loops from the game using Gravemind 1.6 or any other program with extraction capabilities, only the first music loop is played and the rest are missing. For some reason, the programs only extract the first permutation and nothing else. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » H2X Sound Extraction Sep 22, 2012 09:44 PM (Total replies: 4)

You mean the 1.6 beta? It works but the in, loop and out structure for the music is still messed up. There's one "chunk" that's always missing. The other sounds, like the combat dialogue seem to work fine though. Thanks for the heads up :)
Edited by ShadowStrangle55 on Sep 22, 2012 at 09:48 PM
Edited by ShadowStrangle55 on Sep 22, 2012 at 09:48 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » H2X Sound Extraction Sep 22, 2012 06:26 PM (Total replies: 4)

I've used Gravemind for Vista maps before, and whenever I tried opening a campaign file I get this error:

"The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UFT-8)'fallback
'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars.

Multiplayer maps in Gravemind work fine though. It's strange, ADI seems to extract sounds perfectly, except for combat dialogue and music...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » H2X Sound Extraction Sep 22, 2012 05:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

I was wondering if there was an easy way to extract sound files using Entity 2.1.17. I hit save for any audio file, and it gives me a .sound file which doesn't play at all. Anyone know what to do? Also, another question. I've been using ADI to extract files from H2X, mainly the music for looping tags. It seems that there is at least one loop or more missing from the in, loop, and out structure for the music. Anyone know why this is? Thanks for any help.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Gravemind 1.6B Help... Sep 3, 2012 06:03 PM (Total replies: 2)

I know it can play sounds because I can load up multiplayer maps just fine in Gravemind and previewing/extraction works fine. It just gives me an error whenever I try to open campaign maps. Hmm...is there any other tool you know of for H2V that can extract sounds easily? If so, much appreciated. As for the Modacity forums, it seems that my only hope for extracting sounds is to use H2X maps. Thanks anyway :)

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Gravemind 1.6B Help... Aug 30, 2012 07:11 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering how I could get Gravemind 1.6B to play sound files which I'd like to use for fun and play around with. I get this error everytime I open Gravemind: "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.". Then I select any sound file and nothing happens. When I try to open a campaign file, it says:

"The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UFT-8)'fallback
'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars."

I've tried running it as administrator and everything, still the same error. Is there something I'm doing wrong? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it :)

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 4:57 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website