A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Collective et al
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 6, 2012 01:14 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Collective et al has contributed to 2 posts out of 469499 total posts (0.00%) in 2,621 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Please help an artist get some textures Oct 6, 2012 01:14 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hey Orangejuice thanks so much for your help.

The way things stand I may ultimately just go into the games and take a bunch of high res screenshots--to better see color, light, placement proportions--but thanks all the same.

Best,
Collective

Halo CE General Discussion » Please help an artist get some textures Oct 5, 2012 11:56 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hello all--

I'm an artist who has loved halo for way too long, and just happened to (finally?) find this site.
I have to say, I am very, very impressed with the work and dedication I've seen here. To find something you love, take it into your own hands, and produce all these infinite permutations thereof is something special. I think I've been inspired to learn something about game design and ultimately design my own map just thanks to what I see here.

That said--- I'm working on a project that involves synthesizing camouflage for fantastic environments, at least two of which will be Halo ones.

Because I have absolutely 0 programming experience (and because I'm running Mac w/ no boot camp, and because my project is due in 2 weeks) I'm asking something absurdly easy, but I can't (or don't think) I can do myself.

I need landscape textures from two levels--

Halo, the level from H1
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_%28Halo:_Combat_Evolved_Level%29

and

Quarantine Zone, from H2
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Quarantine_Zone_%28level%29

I'll take any and all--sky, cliff, grass, tree, forerunner structure, rusty metal, dirt--anything that would affect the efficiency of a soldier's camouflage in said environments. I ask for a relatively large sample of the texture, hopefully something that can be scaled up and looked at in real world size (keeping the in game proportions of pattern to human size). I have no idea as to the resolution of the existing map textures--if this is a naive fantasy, I'll take whatever I can get. The idea is to have a few 1' by 1' printed swatches for visual reference.

Finally, I ask for the file in some standard picture format (.jpeg, TIFF, ect), owing to my blatant ignorance of programing file formats.

IN RETURN: I'll post up images of the camo patterns when I finish, and I'll send a tyvek or textile sample (depending on what I end up using) to whoever helped me and wants one.

Thank you all for reading, and thanks so much in advance.
Please let me know if there's anymore information you would like--I'll happily answer.

Thanks again, and I'm happy to join this community
--Collective

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 4:40 PM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website