A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: cfstargazer
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 3, 2013 08:15 PM
Interests: halo and halo ce
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: many many games
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
cfstargazer has contributed to 9 posts out of 469505 total posts (0.00%) in 2,572 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Alright, Thanks for all the help, everything is working great now :) this was a huge time saver. If anyone needs any questions on this (which i know i had millions, but eventually figured them out) my xfire is captainkyle. Glad halomaps forums still has such great support, keep up the great work guys!

Alright guys, i have as yet not tested this method, because im currently working on details for the map. But in the next couple of days I will be adding the clusters and finalizing the map in Sapien by adding the fog. If it works or not, I will soon get back to you guys. Thanks again for the help, its much appreciated.

alright, I will try that in a bit, and see if it works or not. Thanks so much for answering back with such a good answer. Question, does it matter whether its an exact portal or regular portal?

Hello, I'd like to ask if there is any way to divide fog planes into sections, within the map, so that it doesn't run into underground structures. As some may have noticed, the discussions about halo custom edition fog creation is limited. I have tried dividing it with portals, to no avail. Then I tried detaching the underground part of the map, and place it far away from the main map, within the sky, and use teleporters to get to it. Yet I get rendering errors in sapien, and halo, when inside the underground part. When you look toward the direction of the main map, the walls disappear. So, anyone know how to divide fog planes? Any help is much appreciated.

Well I understand the part about primary and detail maps in Guerilla, what I'm having a hard time with is making the base map in Gimp. No matter how I make a new layer, new mask, or new alpha, I always get the same texture for both the road/dirt and the grass/green area. I know I'm doing something wrong in Gimp, but there isn't a tutorial out there telling how to do a basemap in Gimp. I could only find a tutorial for Paintshop Pro. I am going off of the Paintshop Pro tutorial, yet there is differences that I have to guess on. Apparently I'm guessing wrong..so I need help on the Gimp part. Thanks for the replies.

Hello, I have been trying to search for a tutorial about using Gimp to create a multi-layer ground image to be used for a basemap in a ground shader. So far I have managed to get the ground visible in Sapien. The road and the grass parts are visible. The problem is, the grass detail texture is the only thing showing. The road has the grass texture as well as the grass area. Any help on getting the detail ground.bitmap and the detail grass.bitmap not mixed up, so that both are visible, in their proper places? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not have the luxury of having Paintshop pro at hand, as the only tutorials I can find about ground shaders are using that program.

Thank you both. Thanks Ally, the Z shortcut was what did it. I tried finding this sorta thing, but didn't know how till now. Finally found the orange plane, it was so so small and hidden that only when i zoomed into it a lot did i find it. Fixed!

so I am running tool on my map. Got everything almost fixed, except for:
### ERROR couldn't build bsp because of overlapping surfaces (orange).
### ERROR couldn't build bsp2d.
### ERROR couldn't build leaf.
### WARNING found nearly coplanar surfaces (red and green).
### ERROR failed to import collision bsp.
Now obviously, you look for the orange errors. I am, and have tried hiding my map and only viewing the errors in 3ds max, yet I cannot find an orange plane anywhere at all. I've looked thoroughly.
Any ideas?

Halo CE General Discussion » so.. Dec 4, 2012 07:00 PM (Total replies: 2)

so I am running tool on my map. Got everything almost fixed, except for:
### ERROR couldn't build bsp because of overlapping surfaces (orange).
### ERROR couldn't build bsp2d.
### ERROR couldn't build leaf.
### WARNING found nearly coplanar surfaces (red and green).
### ERROR failed to import collision bsp.
Now obviously, you look for the orange errors. I am, and have tried hiding my map and only viewing the errors in 3ds max, yet I cannot find an orange plane anywhere at all. I've looked thoroughly.
Any ideas?

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 7:16 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website