A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Controversial
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 8, 2013 01:09 AM
Interests: Game Design.
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Controversial has contributed to 35 posts out of 469505 total posts (.01%) in 2,556 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: casual mods
Graphics arent a concern to me,
really its gameplay/features/immersion that im aiming for.

having played a few games that have been released on unreal engine
(borderlands 1&2, DMC, dungeon defenders, mass effect and gears of war series etc...)
i know the engine is capable of alot, even an mmo like dc universe.

Xiao, where did you learn to use unreal engine?
ive really only played around with it, seems overwhelming its alot to learn.
can you point me in the right direction?

Unreal Engine 3 (UE3) is capable of making an MMO yes, however UDK is not. UDK is the free version with no access to the engine's source code. I love the UE and I am always on the forums browsing and trying to help to the best of my ability. Back to what I was saying though, it has a very nice UI and asset pipeline which helps to get you going very fast. CryEngine 3 (CE3) has some major "straight out of the box" components that UDK doesn't have. For an example, real time dynamic lighting. However, the pipeline is a bit more complicated as well as it takes a while to get used to the UI as it is not always straight forward. I use CE3 occassionally, I prefer UE3 as I want to be able to jump into Unreal Engine 4 when it is available for public licensing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 5, 2013 10:02 PM (Total replies: 79)

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Jumping on the mild discontent train.
Everyone is praising the project just because it's on Cryengine and PC. They claim it will be better than Halo 4, and are telling 343 to 'take notes.'
Seriously what the fck. The guys at 343 spent over three years working on Halo 4 to make the game absolutely spectacular and everyone trashes the company like a new step mother. I wonder how it feels to be betrayed by your fanbase. This project sure looks fun but we got ONE trailer, and everyone and their mother on youtube gets so damned excited about it.
I'm plenty supportive but I will wait until further updates are released. Having one project divide the halo community is outright pathetic.

Its not Project Contingency dividing the community, its the community itself. Its people who didn't like Halo 4 saying this Project will be better. The team working on Project Contingency has said they aren't trying to compete with 343i and that they do love 343i and Microsoft. So the team isn't pathetic; it must be, from your perspective, the community itself.

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Controversial

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Is this the same team working on Halo: Galaxy of Combat?

It seems like it (The owner of the Halo: Galaxy of Combat was bragging about it on facebook & my application has yet to recieve any response)

I'd hope not as the team that was working on it seemed to be incompetent fools with overloaded egos.

From what I saw in responses from that team, it wasn't that they had "overloaded" egos but rather everyone criticizing them did.

Perhaps go back and read again, I think your memory is serving you wrong.

Not so sure it is, they were attacked by many of you guys here. I mean, look at this that I puush'ed a few days ago:
http://puu.sh/3RqJW
Clearly also unnecessary, I don't really need to say more, do I?

I don't know if their website is still operational but I'd love to show you the conversation I had with one of their high ranking team members quite a while ago (over a year ago probably).

I have talked to a few of the BVG members and I heard something about a photoshopped conversation with the lead, if that rings a bell. . .

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 5, 2013 07:58 PM (Total replies: 79)

It seems like it (The owner of the Halo: Galaxy of Combat was bragging about it on facebook & my application has yet to recieve any response)

I'd hope not as the team that was working on it seemed to be incompetent fools with overloaded egos.

From what I saw in responses from that team, it wasn't that they had "overloaded" egos but rather everyone criticizing them did.

Perhaps go back and read again, I think your memory is serving you wrong.

Not so sure it is, they were attacked by many of you guys here. I mean, look at this that I puush'ed a few days ago:

Clearly also unnecessary, I don't really need to say more, do I?

Edit 1: Reply to Nickster5000

My critique / opinion is angry and aggressive?

Take Higuys advice, except read a little slower.

Well saying they are unprofessional and disrespectful because they may not have accepted you, is a bit angry, is it not? When in reality that's what employers do. I am unbiased here, I am level headed right now, which in other words I don't care what anyone really thinks because I am not involved at all, I am open minded. Which it appears some of you guys aren't so much.
Edited by Controversial on Aug 5, 2013 at 08:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 5, 2013 04:22 PM (Total replies: 79)

A little defensive there, eh?

Perhaps you're working with them, or high up in their hierachy?

In no way is my reply to you, "defensive." I am merely stating facts. I have many times never received a response from an employer that I was not qualified for or not "what they were searching for." Also, no I do not work for them or any Halo projects. I am working on my own IP, so lets just stop the war you are starting to incite before it gets out of hand.

Two things I have to say though. First, if they don't reply to you, its no reason to start getting angry and bashing on them. Second, don't take it personally because it happens to everyone a decent amount of times in life. Its not a huge deal, you (this applies to everyone) can always improve and re-apply at a later date or if the position you applied for turns out to be filled (which could very so be the reason) just wait for an update about opened positions then apply again at that time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 5, 2013 02:24 PM (Total replies: 79)

I heard you had worked on Galaxy of Combat with a not so swell leaving, wouldn't it be kinda weird to be friends with him? Also, the website said they are going through tons of applications, so maybe that's why, I am just speculating of course but that would seem a bit logical.

I applied a month ago for starters.

I have checked up on the owner's status of GoC, offering any sort of help (which is why we are FB friends)

And if they are going to start on a clean slate (which is what it seems like they are doing) then they should act a little more professional and respectfully explain why the person is denied instead of ignoring the apps.

Just my advice.

You know it doesn't work like that in real life, right? If they don't see you as qualified they aren't required to reply. Would it be nice of them to do? Yes. Do they have to and is that unprofessional? No, actually most employers don't reply to people who they aren't considering. However though, maybe something went wrong in their system and didn't receive your application or their response to you didn't send.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 5, 2013 11:50 AM (Total replies: 79)

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 4, 2013 09:48 PM (Total replies: 79)

I heard you had worked on Galaxy of Combat with a not so swell leaving, wouldn't it be kinda weird to be friends with him? Also, the website said they are going through tons of applications, so maybe that's why, I am just speculating of course but that would seem a bit logical.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 1, 2013 10:24 PM (Total replies: 79)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kal825B
I told him about what happened just a recap of the show. Even if i was to write this in business letter form, he still pry wouldn't acknowledge it. What really bothers me about his ad for Project: Contingency, is that someone recommended it to him in the comment section of his previous video before the ad... All they said was look up Project Contingency in google...
Edited by Kal825B on Aug 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I think there is a lot more to the process than that. Honestly though, if you keep persevering, something will probably happen. I think a great deal of things with quality have been made here. It would be awesome to see an expansion... a larger interest be taken into he creations here on Halomaps, but you can't choose the preferences someone has or connections. Which is what it may have boiled down to, I hope I am making sense.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 1, 2013 09:10 PM (Total replies: 79)

I'm not saying it will die off.

What I'm saying is that it's more likely to go that route than get a C&D from Microsoft - if it were to be "gone" in some form.

It looks like a prospering project with potential as I said in my post within that thread, and I also said that I hope it doesn't die off like many of the others one that did for Cry Engine. However with that being said, they haven't shown too much that's worthwhile or interesting - they showed a generic looking forest with some grassy elements, a city with little fidelity besides from when its burning and a few other assets, thus, like I said, nothing terribly ground breaking... actually, compared to some other Cry Engine 3 Halo projects, it's small stuff. Why would Microsoft want to shut this one down in particular compared to the many others? I'm not trying to bring anyone down here, I'm simply stating whats pretty obvious.

Sorry, I must have read your post before this one a tad bit wrong then. While I agree with the haven't seen much of anything part, I like the direction it is going in. As for other CryEngine 3 Halo projects, I don't really know any others that seem to be on this same level using custom assets as this project. If I am wrong I would love to see or be told about the other projects, as I might be completely unaware of them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 1, 2013 08:43 PM (Total replies: 79)

Microsoft sends ones to those that have similar goals as them.

For example, a Halo mod that was an RTS was shut down with a CD before Halo Wars comes out.

This wont be shut down, however. They followed the rules and you can't really say this anything groundbreaking or that it looks like a totally new game (considering there isn't even any gameplay shown, probably because it isnt that far in dev). Plenty of these mods have popped up before, all of which die off at some point, and that is a more likely case for this mod rather than a C&D order.

I disagree completely with you to be honest. I think this Game (its not a mod) is going to make it thus be released at some point. No reason to always bring people down, I think its great there are so many dedicated Halo fans out there, I mean look at Halomaps its a great example. Criticism should always be accepted when its viable and not out of pure spite. I think the biggest and most unpredictable variable here is Microsoft, but they seem to be relaxing when it comes to new things.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 1, 2013 06:51 PM (Total replies: 79)

Well people seem to now be hostile towards this project when originally yall had seemed to support this... Whats the sudden down look on this project about? I saw Hiralis wasn't too happy about it among a few people.
Edited by Controversial on Aug 1, 2013 at 06:51 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 1, 2013 02:29 PM (Total replies: 79)

I think being on anything would be a good thing no matter the source...

Eurogamer:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-01-creators-of-fan-made-pc-halo-game-reckon-theyre-on-safe-ground

Geeky Gadget:
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/project-contingency-fan-made-halo-game-arrives-on-pc-video/

Halo5Follower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYiPL0Ze4Y

Rock Paper and Scissor:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/01/project-contingency-is-a-fan-made-halo-game/

And many many other places.

Can we be kinda happy atleast?
Edited by Controversial on Aug 1, 2013 at 02:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 1, 2013 12:20 PM (Total replies: 79)

Well the reason its like that, is because Halo CE engine is seen as an outdated game engine to many many people. Does that mean it is? Well with all the technical improvements its not all that outdated, it does most things current gen engines do. However, most people only care about graphics and hearing its created on a critically acclaimed engine is a major bonus. Along with the fact that tons of people want to see a brand new Halo game on the PC. So this project seems to hit all those points. Thats also why I said its great for all the Halo communities because from what I have heard, the dev team working on the project is composed of people from many different communities including this one. Halomaps. I thought that was really cool. People from this community, yours and I, community was featured in a spotlight even if it was small and even if it was for a short period of time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 1, 2013 03:37 AM (Total replies: 79)

Well ran across this a few minutes ago, and this is pretty awesome in my opinion that fans from tons of different communities all based around Halo, including this one are getting some recognition. Especially from a large gaming oriented company. This is a big step for all of us in my opinion.

Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Well here is the link: http://kotaku.com/fans-are-making-a-new-halo-game-for-the-pc-983002521?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Halo CE General Discussion » Project-Contingency (Fan made Halo Game) Jul 18, 2013 01:10 PM (Total replies: 382)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: caeserishome

Thank you I hope Higuy understands.

But anways is there any gameplay coming soon?

I hope you realize that I was bashing you for being an incompetent moron, not higuy.

As for gameplay. I spoke to Contingency, he said that there's a lot of wip stuff that needs fixing before an actual gameplay trailer is shown

Well hopefully we get it fairly soon, in the next few months in other words.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project-Contingency (Fan made Halo Game) Jul 15, 2013 01:21 AM (Total replies: 382)

Ah, here is the project. Looks very nice especially for the stage I am assuming it is in. Looking forward to seeing more from this project. Make sure to take your time, refining the things. I would love some gameplay though, thats what truly makes or breaks a game! I have faith though. Good Luck to your team.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2013 Live Jul 13, 2013 08:40 PM (Total replies: 589)

Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl
So, who was God again?

"Well Hello Again! :D"

'Sup.

In other words, if you were referring to the chat, that was me.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2013 Live Jul 13, 2013 07:58 PM (Total replies: 589)

So, who was God again?

"Well Hello Again! :D"

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2013 Live Jul 13, 2013 07:23 PM (Total replies: 589)

Ah, thank you very much! Do you know if there is a link to that video? It looked pretty decent, so I want to watch it again. Its the only thing I have watched for at least a second time.

Edit 1: Oh okay, thanks for letting me know Matt! Great show!
Edited by Controversial on Jul 13, 2013 at 07:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2013 Live Jul 13, 2013 07:19 PM (Total replies: 589)

Thanks! Great show you put on this year! Projects looked great! However, do you have a link to the pre-show video? The one project, I can't remember what its called but it used the Cry Engine, I would really appreciate it. Thanks once again! It was a blast to watch the whole stream!
Edited by Controversial on Jul 13, 2013 at 07:19 PM

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 6:11 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website