A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: xXR0B0STEELXx
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 07:57 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
↑ If only this avatar weren't upside down.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
xXR0B0STEELXx has contributed to 29 posts out of 469529 total posts (.01%) in 2,546 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Lestat
Quote: --- Original message by: xXR0B0STEELXx
you're just making it it harder for other people to sort their e-mails out.

It's not our fault you told Halomaps to email you every time somebody makes a post. Be smart and turn that feature off.

I want to keep it on to stay updated, and it was a joke. I meant this thread is being filled up with the same messages over again and there has been little change in what is being said for ages. Either use PM or just agree to disagree.
Plus why is everyone trying to be so offensive around here to others (I'm not directing that to you, Lestat), this is meant to be a thread about 'Halo 2 campaign coming to Halo CE', not 'who can be the most offensive competition'.

Can people have their person conversations somewhere else? And if you don't like this thread then say what you dislike and don't make a fuss over it, you're just making it it harder for other people to sort their e-mails out.

Lodeman, you have no reason to be on this thread, and if all you are going to do is argue then you also have no reason to be on this forum in the first place. Plus you aren't making a good impression to the newer members.

You guys aren't really being very supportive.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA and HEK+ Jan 31, 2013 01:26 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: clonetrooper163
i think the reason they want to get this stuff is casue, it's all already rigged to bones used in the haloce version here and much easier to just try and duplicate it in OS or normal CE without having to try and take the models from halo reach (that this game mostly uses) and throw them in haloce without messing with rigging

Okay, I knew there'd be a logical explanation behind it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CEA and HEK+ Jan 30, 2013 02:04 PM (Total replies: 50)

I don't know if this has already been said, but a whole bunch of things from CEA has been taken from the other halo games, so you could attempt to take them from the other games that they were from, and just give them the halo CE animations.

PS, don't give me hate from this, the main reason I posted this was to follow this topic.

Wait a second, don't the marines have alert animations? I just remember looking at a marine that had a shotgun in a lowered position. Can't you just copy them and fit them for the Spartan model?
Edited by xXR0B0STEELXx on Feb 2, 2013 at 03:54 PM

I think it needs to be toggled with a button on the keyboard (the flashlight button for example), and when you do something (hitting the button again, shooting, melee-ing or throwing grenades)it should come back up.

My computer has issues with the HEK, but I would attempt it myself if it were possible on my computer, but you guys seem to know a lot about Halo CE, so I just wanted to see if it were possible, and/or if people would be kind enough to turn it into a small project to work on in their free time. But now some of you guys say that it may be possible, it would be nice to see who can do it, though I don't want to sound demanding, it's just a request.

@Kirby 422
What I mean is when you press a button, your gun goes like this:

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 2, 2013 07:09 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

but the warthogs are meant to be able to survive a fall from orbit (like the ODSTs), so they are naturally tough to break, and when Halo 2 came around, the UNSC could have been cut off from the resources to make them tough, and had to resort to using less tough materials.

Warthogs aren't intended to survive re-entry. Halo 2 Warthogs are simply destructible because they decided that things should be destructible in Halo 2.
Edited by Echo77 on Jan 2, 2013 at 04:20 PM

Cortana said that warthogs survived a fall from orbit, and were used by marines after the event.

When did she say that? o.O

I don't remember, but it wasn't in any of the games. I think it may have been in one of the books, but I can't say for sure.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 2, 2013 06:02 PM (Total replies: 4974)

but the warthogs are meant to be able to survive a fall from orbit (like the ODSTs), so they are naturally tough to break, and when Halo 2 came around, the UNSC could have been cut off from the resources to make them tough, and had to resort to using less tough materials.

Warthogs aren't intended to survive re-entry. Halo 2 Warthogs are simply destructible because they decided that things should be destructible in Halo 2.
Edited by Echo77 on Jan 2, 2013 at 04:20 PM

Cortana said that warthogs survived a fall from orbit, and were used by marines after the event.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 2, 2013 03:05 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: SilentJacket
CE's warthog is certified indestructible

Yeah, but that's because Halo 1 had parts where the Warthog was a vital part of some missions, meaning that if it were to have been destroyed, you have to do it again, and if your last checkpoint was when the warthog was highly damaged, then you'll have to restart the mission.

Dumb reasoning. Last mission in Halo 3?, new Mombasa on Halo 2? Second mission of Halo 4? C'mon, have a better excuse.

I guess it was partly to do with a lack of space and time, but the warthogs are meant to be able to survive a fall from orbit (like the ODSTs), so they are naturally tough to break, and when Halo 2 came around, the UNSC could have been cut off from the resources to make them tough, and had to resort to using less tough materials.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

I don't think there's a way to do that,like how it is in Halo 2.
Edited by Dumb AI on Dec 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM

You don't understand the power of Open Sauce.
Open sauce can make a lot of stuff possible in Halo CE, and it may be able to allow it to work like in Halo 2.

Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
like you are talking about having it so when you run for example your weapon is lowered and swaying and just in hand and it takes a ready animation like when you stop or first try to fire before you can actually fire the weapon?

What I mean is when you have the gun lowered, while moving jumping, crouching or standing still, your gun is in both hands, in a relaxed position, but as soon as you are to throw a grenade, melee, enter a vehicle/operate a turret or fire your weapon, your gun will be brought up to the normal position. If you were to raise your gun by shooting your weapon, there would be no shooting delay, but your weapons accuracy will be slightly decreased until the animation is finished.
This, I believe is how it works in Halo 2, and I think that it works great, though personally, I would have liked to not see a weapon on the screen when you lower your gun in Halo 2.
But I'm not really bothered on how it works, all I want is the ability to toggle it on and off with a button on the keyboard, and to be able to run, jump, crouch and stand still with it.

Well, long story short, the normal way you lower your weapon isn't very effective compared to Halo 2's till Halo Reach's (to be honest, in its current stage Halo 4 is really bad at weapon lowering).
I was wondering if it is possible to either import the scripts that allow the 3rd person animations from Halo 2 Vista (if there are any in the Vista version of the game), or if anyone has/can make custom ones for the standard weapon set in Multiplayer.
I would attempt this myself, but I have issues with the 3D Model importer, and I also have limited knowledge with 3DS max, and know that you guys are much more talented than me at this.
Thanks to any responses, and a Happy new year to everyone.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 27, 2012 03:16 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloExtreme117
*Cough* D40 *Cough*

You just exampled the level that I was referring to... Why?

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 27, 2012 02:56 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: SilentJacket
CE's warthog is certified indestructible

Yeah, but that's because Halo 1 had parts where the Warthog was a vital part of some missions, meaning that if it were to have been destroyed, you have to do it again, and if your last checkpoint was when the warthog was highly damaged, then you'll have to restart the mission.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 27, 2012 02:33 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Well,basically,you're saying that it's vulnerable to giant explosions.

Ins't everything?

Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
What the hell are you talking about?
And no,I'm not new at all.

Sorry, I put the wrong quote up... That last post was supposed to be for xXR0B0STEELXx.

Yeah I know, that's what I meant by it taking a long time.

Yeah, I just joined today, I have been watching CMT's thread on HaloMods.com, and have fond the link to these forums.
The main reason I posted that post was so that I could get an email when a new post is submitted.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 27, 2012 02:28 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
I mean, yeah, if the Vulture is that unstable, then it wouldn't really be the most efficient "Scarab on wings" ever...

I said if a BIG ENOUGH explosion were to knock it of course WHILE IT FIRED IT'S ROCKETS, it could turn over and fall, but it would be really stable. The type of explosion that I meant is one that could destroy some of the thrusters, and tip it up enough to make it try to stabilise itself, but because the thrusters are broken, it can't keep balance even.

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 5:27 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website