A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Thel Moramee
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 9, 2013 08:11 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Thel Moramee has contributed to 8 posts out of 469458 total posts (0.00%) in 2,507 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A very dumb question... but I'm stuck Jan 9, 2013 08:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hello everyone

I know I'm about to ask a very dumb question, but I have been looking around for the answer on tutorials and pages around here and I don't seem to find it

I need help compiling my new custom map

I edited it with sapien and saved the scenario tag as "sword wars.scenario", the file is located in "levels\test\sword wars\sword wars" inside its own folder also named "sword wars"

But when I open cmd.exe and type "tool.exe build-cache-file levels\test\sword wars\sword wars"

I get:

------------------------------------------------

Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'

usage: tool.exe ver <options..>

build-cache-file <scenario-name>

------------------------------------------------

I don't know whats wrong, I'm pretty sure I typed the path correctly

I even tried changing "sword wars.scenario" to "levels\test\carousel\sword wars" but I get the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Different strokes for different folks I guess

Not an expert in graphics, but I really like more the glow of the sword from halo combat evolved than Halo 2, 3 or 4

specially not halo 2, they all look made of plastic or something

Edited by Thel Moramee on Jan 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM

All right, how did you do that? lol

looks awesome imo!

I have set stealth elites without active camo and zealot elites on derelict killing each other.

I'd like to stop them from doing their berseking noises though, it gets annoying after a while.. they're all like "AAaaaaargh!" all the time and my ears get bored!

any ideas?

thanks for the pic, cool!

The thing is, I don't want to mess with the color bounds all around because my Guerilla tends to save the changes and I can't revert them once done, otherwise I'd get a pink colored sword or something funny and then I wouldn't be able to change it lol.

I have tried deleting my edited tags and re-extracting the tags (I got my elite tags and sword from a50.map Halo PC) and they keep coming with the same settings I edited, so I haven't messed with color bounds yet for this reason.

I got another question... is it normal for swords not to glow on sapien?

Thanks again

@Grunt Eater: I tried opening the bitmap but I can't make it bigger, its just a small image there, so if you got some spare time to make one I'd be very thankful!
Edited by Thel Moramee on Jan 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Thank you guys, your help is appreciated.

The .glow and .effect tags inside the energy sword folder have something called "color bounds", all of them are blue or white in color.

I would like to think that changing that to red would suffice, but some of you suggested to change the bitmap first, so I guess is not that easy

So such options are useless without a modded bitmap first right?

I'll give it a go

Edited by Thel Moramee on Jan 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM

@Dumb AI: Yeah that's what I'm talkin about, cool huh

@SilentJacket:

I'm a complete noob at modding, not trying to impress anyone, just doing it for fun

I'd like to just change the color from blue to red, anything more complex is beyond me, I'm no graphics designer or anything

Edited by Thel Moramee on Jan 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Haha

not a problem, just want to make it for fun, not trying to make a super-awesome map or anything lol

I just thought it would look cool to see 2 teams with different energy swords colors killing each other.

Theres a halo novel I once read about an ancient sangheili task force with energy red-hued swords and would like to see it on my map, thats all
Edited by Thel Moramee on Jan 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm new around here, so hi nice to meet you ;)

I'm trying to make a custom map with elite A.I. with swords.

So far I managed to make zealot elites and stealth elites kill each other in the middle of a multiplayer map with their energy swords.

The thing is, I'd like to make the swords glow red instead of blue

And maybe make one team with red energy swords and the other team with blue energy swords.

I just really dont know how to do that.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, don't know where it belongs.

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 3:46 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website