A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Stevedoggen
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 7, 2014 04:57 AM
Interests: Map making, clearly
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: If its halo, I'm on it.
#Byf4Lyf
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Stevedoggen has contributed to 222 posts out of 469460 total posts (.05%) in 2,500 days (.09 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I was going to say, you guys are burning through that list. Keep the good work up!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 25, 2014 12:25 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: UHWArby
Lets troll everyone
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140725151700/halo/es/images/8/85/59vdq8.png

Everyone's favourite snow mission, now with 100% more long-ass corridors!

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Firefight Descent: Quarantine Jul 20, 2014 05:59 AM (Total replies: 93)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
I'd suggest taking another look at the bios.

Typos already noticed and corrected, let us know if you see any others.

The first bio should have the word 'beliefs' instead of 'believe', I think.
Also on the last bio spelt 'originally' incorrectly.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 14, 2014 02:59 AM (Total replies: 12123)

I can understand that MatthewDratt, since it's a Bungie game, which have pretty much been heavy in lore and light in humor, if any, most of the time anyway. I suppose we should just wait till we try it ourselves.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 14, 2014 02:21 AM (Total replies: 12123)

That's weird, Masters, because all I hear is people who play it giving it positive reviews and a bunch of people who havent played it yet saying it looks bad even though they haven't tried it yet. :S

Still though, I agree, what from Destiny would even fit or make sense in Halo?

Halo CE General Discussion » UUI Update 2 Public Beta Jun 11, 2014 01:11 AM (Total replies: 68)

Add a category for sub-par blood gulch mods XD

Halo CE General Discussion » UUI Update 2 Public Beta Jun 11, 2014 12:10 AM (Total replies: 68)

Neat.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sound Tag not working ingame. Jun 11, 2014 12:06 AM (Total replies: 11)

1st, I have the sound already, its just getting it to work is a pain. If I can't, then I will download your map to see if that makes any difference.

2nd and 3rd, Thanks, that is actually rather helpful.

4th, I never said I didn't like your sounds :S All I said was the program you linked doesn't work for me, that's all.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sound Tag not working ingame. Jun 10, 2014 11:24 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
use this to put sounds in halo ce ... http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2659 Halo CE Sound Converter Utility Version 4.5.16

and how wood you like your sound to work for the game? do you mean like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuaqgBcycVs it's a map I did that's got the sound shields blow out from reach that you need to work
did that help??

So the program errors out, even though I stuck it in the right spot and all, so thats a bust.
Regardless, I'm not sure what's causing the tag to not function. I can see it cause a map size difference when cache-file building, so its in the .map

And by shields, I meant the sound your shields make when they deplete (http://armchairdesigner.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/halo_reach_elite_energy_shield.jpg) <-- the sound that comes with this
Edited by Stevedoggen on Jun 10, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sound Tag not working ingame. Jun 10, 2014 07:59 AM (Total replies: 11)

Ok here goes.

I wanna do something simple, see. I got the .wav sound of your shields blowing out from reach, and I just want the sound to work ingame. I can figure out the scripting behind the mechanic later, my primary concern is the fact the sound wont play ingame PERIOD.

I scripted it in a way that the map would start, then after a few seconds, the sound would play. It does not. Here's the script:

(script startup test
(sleep 60)
(sv_say "Welcome")
(sv_say "here is a shield popping sound")
(sleep 60)
(sv_say "boop")
(sound_impulse_start sound\hud\shield_pop none 1.00)
)

It goes through sapien, but I'm curious if the 'none' has anything to do with it.
I even saw in firefight scripts people use 'none' for the announcer, so what have I done wrong?
I can provide any pics on request.

I should also mention I have it at 22050 khz or whatever it is, i used audacity. and the sound works when previewed in guerilla, so the tag contains the sound. Maybe the options there are wrong?

Halo CE General Discussion » Fierce?! Mar 10, 2014 11:48 PM (Total replies: 24)

Ok all personal fighting aside, the person who stole your map was indeed not me.
I won't apologise or anything for something I didn't do. Just sayin'

If only one could make a Star Wars Battlefront 2-esque Halo, where you leave the hanger of a frigate in a longsword or whatever and force your way into a supercarrier to disable it from the inside. That would make my year.

Halo CE General Discussion » Fierce?! Mar 9, 2014 01:44 AM (Total replies: 24)

I meant referring to making one solo
To be honest though, I don't really expect that map to come out, with other more prominent things on your (and your friends) to-do list.
Besides, I'm sure I can do better.
Edited by Stevedoggen on Mar 9, 2014 at 01:45 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Fierce?! Mar 8, 2014 03:37 AM (Total replies: 24)

It's a shame I have to do this, especially since I'm only a forum lurker, but here goes.

I didn't make Fierce.

Whoever made that map was not me, nor have I met them, nor have I ever made a map that I've released and I doubt I ever will completely finish a map that will come onto here.

Plus I have enough sense to not bother with making a firefight map. I suck at scripting.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Dec 16, 2013 12:47 AM (Total replies: 834)

Quote: --- Original message by: videoman
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
This is halomaps, so no.

*sigh*

Guess you are right. I just hope that due to R93_Sniper poor choice of words, this thread too does not get closed and locked.....

Pfft, if thats all it took, Halomaps wouldve crashed and burned years ago.
And go easy on R93, he wasnt getting angry pointlessly.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sound won't compile! Oct 22, 2013 09:57 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: QuiteGamer
10.22.13 11:07:20 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Have you tried running Command as Administrator? That might fix that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Oct 8, 2013 11:36 PM (Total replies: 443)

I know these aren't from the original soundtracks, but anything from the cancelled Halo OWaW OST.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3JtkAKXgEI&list=PLF48A373CDAC2A136
If they aren't original, they are remixes, and mostly faithful ones at that

Halo CE General Discussion » Something to do please Sep 26, 2013 12:32 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Make a children's card game.

And play it on motorcycles

Halo CE General Discussion » connection Sep 24, 2013 03:30 AM (Total replies: 48)

And I thought I had it bad. Sheesh...

Halo CE General Discussion » (Wip)halo3 "The Pit" remake for Hce Sep 22, 2013 07:42 AM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: hobbet360
Lowest rated map on Halomaps?

H8rs gonna h8, brudda

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 6:41 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website