A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DarkStarXIII
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 20, 2014 11:06 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
DarkStarXIII has contributed to 12 posts out of 469375 total posts (0.00%) in 2,458 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 20, 2014 11:06 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
I think CMT & co are missing the point with noobs posts (and jesus christ Masterz, you really look like a child in yours), as he is simply trying to give criticism and probably should be taken as he makes valid points. If you (CMT) don't like his crit, simply say "thanks" and walk away, there isn't much else to debate about it. Yelling at him because he thinks differently isn't doing any good, no matter how blunt he may have made his posts, and all it does his harm your own reputation.

I have to agree with Higuy. I have been watching this thread for updates via email notifications, and Masters, your behaviour and reaction towards your fans and criticism/suggestion has degraded and grown nasty. Calling someone a retard in this situation and insulting them like that is uncalled for. Refrain from it if you wish to keep your fanbase, or, you know, you can ignore this too. I like the CMT SPV projects, and the multiplayer maps, but if this continues, that will be the extent of it, and that will become questionable as well, seeing as your inability to take suggestions and criticism will lead to you/your team creating something no one will like. You like to appear mature and above it all, masters, but Higuy nailed it when he said you looked like a child. Locking your mind to differing opinions and criticism and suggestions and blindly hurling insults. You should search up the definition of retarded, and look at how noob posted. There isn't even a close correlation, and it was extremely hurtful and unnecessary. You can easily ignore the posts you dislike, or pm them, or even better, have a well mannered discussion over it, and come to an agreement or compromise. It takes no more energy than it did to insult noob, or tell everyone that you don't care about their suggestions.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help, Halo CE unplayable due to high ping. Dec 12, 2013 07:23 PM (Total replies: 7)

I got 12ms Ping, 5.05 Mbps download and 0.93Mbps Upload speeds

In my defense, ive been experiencing varied internet connection issues and lag for the past week. and i have a youtube video of me playing HCE with only slight lag and very little target leading that was created a little over a month ago

*realizes I'm not the op*

woops...i was just posting what i got from that site......

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Nov 25, 2013 11:16 PM (Total replies: 743)

this is terrible. especially the fact that before whatever godforsaken person stalked into your house and stole your stuff, the map looked godly. The map was looking extremely good. and then some stupid idiot who is completely oblivious to the hard work, the effort, the feelings, the lives of other people, has to come in and take not only that masterpiece away, but your school information and who knows what else that was stored on your laptop. things that you may never get back. this is both extremely saddening and infuriating. I hope the police find who is responsible for the thievery of your belongings, ChBgt909. I hope he is given a suitable punishment for what he did.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 24, 2013 09:06 PM (Total replies: 12123)

well this is a bad joke. seriously.

actually seriously.

No seriously no sarcasm this is a bad joke please stop

Halo CE General Discussion » How to insert weapon/player model tags? Nov 18, 2013 05:22 PM (Total replies: 4)

But the link you just posted has nothing to do with adding new models/weapons to an existing map. it just contains a bunch of scripts for servers. I'd like to know the same thing the OP does as well

eeeh.......fights online....when you think about it.......theyre really useless. you're essentially arguing with a screen. you cant see the person, they cant see you. you could google your info/insults, you could taunt someone and make the most grandiose claims and most bs back up for your claims. or you could troll. and none of it would really matter. at the end of it all, you still switch off your computer screen, go to bed, and live your life. you may never actually see the person or speak with them again, but it has no end, and no meaning. you could theoretically argue with someone online forever. it would be tedious and annoying, but it neither proves, nor fixes nothing. the only thing it does is give the "winner" a false sense of superiority, and the "loser", a useless reason to get pissed or feel butthurt. yet still, fights on the internet are inevitable and many a time, feelings and threats are pinned on them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] May 4, 2013 12:21 PM (Total replies: 8490)

I personally prefer the shinier one. I dont like dull looking models. I like the shiny but somewhat scuffed and scratched armor. Like the halo 3 beta armor and e3 trailer armor. It had shinyness and lustre but is also looked battle damaged and faded in places. It looked cool. All the final versions of the games toned down the shinyness and stuff, like in the final verson of h3, halo reach and h4. I remember in the vidocs and betas, the armor had much more detail and shine. It just looked better.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] May 3, 2013 05:15 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit

It does not work.
When ever I make these new multipurpose maps with the spec In the blue It doesn't seem like thay are turning out like a multipurpose maps is supposed to look but never the less I made them and put them in game anyway.

no OS used!

cc in the alpha of multi
spec in the blue of the multi.

armor looks A+ But it seems as though the suit and hands are way to dark.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/jackrabbitlight/tdyury_zps0b675bd4.jpg~original
Edited by jackrabbit on May 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM

...this looks sexy.

awesome work guys

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 3, 2013 05:13 PM (Total replies: 12123)

It's the same model....kind of....but the thing that makes the bottom one look so "flat" or unappealing compared to the top one is the skin on the bottom AR. not that hard to notice, especially after that side by side 3d model comparison. IMO I think the bitmap for the new AR needs to be changed a tad, but over all, it's not a huge concern. the AR is fine.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Making a custom biped Apr 24, 2013 04:40 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm kinda new to using 3ds max, or rigging/creating models in general, but i want to make a custom spartan model. could anyone point me in the right direction, like linking me to a tutorial or helping me out with the process?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jan 22, 2013 11:20 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Master noob, try using the handplates from the headhunters' spartans. From the motion comic in halo legends. Or use a variation of the halo 2 handplates

Like the hand plates on this
https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/legacycontent/halowaypointschedule/6.26.11/hh3_c_preview_508x212.jpg
Edited by DarkStarXIII on Jan 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Edited by DarkStarXIII on Jan 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 1:20 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website