A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: BeefEatingRobot
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 03:59 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
BeefEatingRobot has contributed to 16 posts out of 469343 total posts (0.00%) in 2,414 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Tricking Multiplayer Into Running Singleplayer May 24, 2013 04:41 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Quote: --- Original message by: jabberwockxeno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWw4aiWyRg&feature=youtu.be

Don't know if this is what you mean OP, but...

AI doesn't need to sync on co-op since it's on the same machine.

I'm curious, would the AI sync if it was played over LAN, I heard that it was possible for the XBox version.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tricking Multiplayer Into Running Singleplayer May 22, 2013 06:31 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: jabberwockxeno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWw4aiWyRg&feature=youtu.be

Don't know if this is what you mean OP, but...
Majora, I was the one who linked you to that video in the first place, but kind of.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tricking Multiplayer Into Running Singleplayer May 20, 2013 12:25 AM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
You will have to recompile the map as multiplayer, while adding more spawnpoints, netgame flags, and replacing all weapons with item collections.

Alright thank you, that's all I needed to know.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tricking Multiplayer Into Running Singleplayer May 19, 2013 04:08 PM (Total replies: 17)

Is there any way that I could make a server and trick it into running a singleplayer map?
I know that the AI and other scripts won't sync but right now that's irrelevant.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Connect to Dedi Mar 19, 2013 11:08 PM (Total replies: 8)

I tried to connect using my internal IP and localhost, but it still gave me the same error message. My server didn't show up in the LAN server browser, but thank you for everything, I'm going to try hosting it from a VM next.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Connect to Dedi Mar 15, 2013 01:17 AM (Total replies: 8)

The default ones, 2302 and 2303.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Connect to Dedi Mar 14, 2013 11:54 PM (Total replies: 8)

I am hosting a dedicated server that's using SAPP on my computer. Everyone else can connect, but I can't. I followed the guide found here to change the ports.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=239
I opened a copy of Command Prompt which I have in my Halo directory, and ran "start halocededSAPP.exe -port 2312". "halocededSAPP.exe" is what I named the SAPP version of the dedi exe. While my server is running I am able to connect to other servers and play on them and I'm able to see my server in the server browser, the only problem is that when I try to connect it says "Could not join this server. There may be connection issues.". I have created exception rules for the dedi in Windows Firewall and I have forwarded the correct ports, but I cannot connect to my own server. It reaches the part where it says that it's loading the map but then it gives me the error message. Any idea on how to fix this? Thank for all help in advance.

Edited by BeefEatingRobot on Mar 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE servers being shut down Mar 2, 2013 11:28 PM (Total replies: 335)

If the CE master server goes down couldn't someone host their own master server and have us mod our CE so it connects to theirs?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Squad System Feb 25, 2013 09:41 PM (Total replies: 1)

Would it be possible to implement some sort of squad system like in Republic Commando for singleplayer? If a sqadmate goes down then you can send someone to revive him or revive him yourself, and they can do the same for you. Would there be any better alternative to this other than having your squadmates being near invincible? I want to have the squadmates to be a key part of the story so I need them need them near the player but I also want them to be able to take damage.

Then I guess raising the spawnpoints did the trick.

Would 5 units be far enough?
Would it work if I placed them .2-5 units above the initial point that I placed them at?
I also placed 10 spawn points for one team and 11 for the other.
EDIT: I fixed it, the Red flag was at Blue base and the Blue flag was at Red base.
Thank you for all the help.
Edited by BeefEatingRobot on Feb 9, 2013 at 02:41 PM

I already have all the spawnpoints set for all games by having them set under "all games" under type 0. Thank you for the sound solution, I set to snow the first time but for some reason it was reverted. How do I set the flags at Netgame Equipment?
Did you mean Netgame Flags? I already have them set as Netgame Flags.

Update: I have fixed the bloom issue by making a new sky tag and running radiosity again.
Image of two spawns of the two teams and their flags.
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/1809/ctfmap.jpg
Edited by BeefEatingRobot on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I have both flags set to "ctf-flag". Do I need to add a weapon group?

Yes I did and switching teams did not affect my predicament.

Hello,
I have created a snow map in a canyon, not very original but just expanding my skills, and I have a few problems.
The first is when playing Capture the Flag I keep on getting the "Waiting for space to clear" message. I have set up the map for CTF by placing flags and spawnpoints. Gamemodes that I have tested such as Oddball and Slayer work fine, although I had the "gathering exception data" problem which I fixed by removing grenades from the starting loadout.
The second is the amount of bloom, the brightness, on the map. I have set the sky to mp_dusk, but it is still extremely bright which makes the map unplayable in some cases.
The third and final problem is the sound that the player's footsteps make. The whole ground is composed of snow, yet footsteps make a distinctive metal sound when trodden upon.
Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 6:45 AM 500 ms.
A Halo Maps Website