A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: GravelyMinded
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 14, 2013 01:41 PM
Location: It is ill advised to disclose this, for anonymity is safety.
Interests: starting to use H.E.K, Computer Aided Design, mapping and modeling along with animations and whatnot
Your Age: 15
What Games do you play: HCE-pc,H2-xbx,H3-xbx,HR-xbx,H4-xbx,HW-xbx,Forza3-xbx,AC4A-xbx.
A corrupted mind... Indeed.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
GravelyMinded has contributed to 2 posts out of 468642 total posts (0.00%) in 2,262 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Texturing-hypothetical Feb 14, 2013 01:41 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks for telling me! I didn't know you could segment a piece. I really need to find more tutorials.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Texturing-hypothetical Feb 14, 2013 12:12 PM (Total replies: 2)

Im just starting out and have barely glimpsed the hek and all its capabilities. I do however have some questions about texturing that also relates to modelling. Firstly, from what I have derived playing many maps is that textures are really just pictures put overtop of the faces of models, but this often causes distortions like stretching or pixelation. So, my question is this: if, say you had a 2000x2000x10 model block and textured it, it would be poor in quality close up right? But if you decided to instead make 1000 2x2x10 blocks and textured them for better quality, would this create lag? From the looks of most large maps out there, I'm assuming this to be the case, but I would like confirmation.
Edited by GravelyMinded on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Time: Wed April 24, 2019 3:10 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website