A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: GreatCesar1
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 29, 2014 02:49 PM
Interests: halo
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: halo, CoD, FarCry3, Crysis
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
GreatCesar1 has contributed to 13 posts out of 469460 total posts (0.00%) in 2,457 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Mar 29, 2014 02:49 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Sounds pretty good.
Edited by GreatCesar1 on Mar 29, 2014 at 02:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Mar 1, 2014 07:41 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Again, --common decency--, which if you need to make a futile argument against not having a very simple list of current assets, shows that you lack this.

Did the Halo 3 or Halo: Reach public beta roll credits at any point, or did they save that for the final game? This is a public beta.
Edited by Echo77 on Feb 21, 2014 at 09:38 PM

That was a team of people you dingus. Damn, how hard is this to comprehend, you're getting so defensive.
I understand Goldkilla88, has happened to me before for many things.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 17, 2014 09:32 AM (Total replies: 1869)

Quote: --- Original message by: GreatCesar1
:::Weapons:::

I used to make pro settings for halo 4, and this is the most promising Halo CE mod I've played. So I just have a few specific personal recommendations on weapon tuning:

-Handguns: There is no real difference between the two handguns. Considering the Odst tag has 66% clip size and more recoil, I suggest Buffing the accuracy greatly on the Odst pistol tag, removing the recoil, adding the recoil to the HR magnum tag and and making the HR 4shot kill(sk) to the head keeping its accuracy. Also have different reticle shapes for each(keep the HR magnums reticle, but change the ODST's to resemble a more accurate weapon).
In the end, there will be a distinct difference between the two:
*H:R magnum: Damage buff(4sk), +Recoil
*ODST Pistol: High Accuracy, slight Spread to prevent OPness, No Recoil, 5shot kill to head, Faster firerate than its counter weapon.

-Assault Rifles: I like the balance with these currently, the MA45 is an outdated looking model though(at least the textures).

-Snipers: Gauss Rifle needs a Direct damage buff, which can be down without it eliminating the purpose of the SpLaser (Take the Halo4 Rail gun for example; one shot infantry kill, 6-7Shot kill on just a warthog).
*Sniper: I like the lead and everything on this so far(Im uncertain about how they spawn in the base, maybe add another outpost on the map for them or weapon crate somewhere hidden), if you could add bullet magnetism when in range 'unscoped' this can be done in OS.
*Gauss Rifle: 1sk direct impact on infantry, less splash damage Range. I do like the bullet drop and bullet velocity on this alot(maybe with this buff you could drop the clip size to 2-3, which in this case will function exactly like a Binary Rifle).

-Laser: I like where this is at right now(of course one you add a reticle). Its damage should be 2.5-3x stronger than the Gauss in the end so its all purpose vehicle weapon(add a splash damage effect maybe). Since this weapon is Hitscan, it has a much higher use over the gauss rifle against vehicles

About the DMR vs BR: I honestly have to so say DMR(either one should replace the snipers in each base) because most BRs are very broken and are hard to get right in CE. For the DMR, it should have Halo4 Vanilla range(100meters scoped in red reticle range because its a larger map). I think the DMR would fit better over the BR because...
1)The DMR would have a very distinctive advantage over handguns at longer ranges
2)The single shot weapons seam to have much better bullet registration over burst or automatic weapons due to online latency
3)The DMR would be able to actually counter the snipers at long range which no other weapon in this tagset seems to be capable of doing!
...So DMR > BR in this case, of course you could add both

:::Vehicles:::

[yes, a proper health system is possible with OpenSauce]

Scorpion: more accurate machine turret.

Falcon: I know you are doing everything right so far on this, but I don't think the Rockets fit at all. You should buff the primary fire turret removing the rockets.
Unless you have rockets only shoot twice before reloading ratther than 6-8shots (cant remember)
- This needs at least 175% health so it doesnt get taken down with two clips of Sniper or one clip of Gauss

Warthogs: (they all need a faster rotating turret, I dont know if this is possible)
*rocket Hog: perfect
*Default: Needs damage buff~ 125-150%
*Gauss: Splash Damage needs a significant Nerf, 180% slower Rate of Fire(RoF). I feel like this is really the most unbalanced thing in the map. Maybe take these out of the the Base and add Trooper warthogs instead, then replace the spade with a Gauss warthog(IDK honestly because the spade matches the aesthetics of the house in the center of the map).

Mongooses: Shorter Respawn time in bases.

:::Map:::

-I understand a tunnel system would be complex, but I think it's necessary(around each base and a more natural cave system in the center).

-You should add small base near the mother base on each side (manly for a much larger range of spawn locations! its to tight and a scorpion can easily spawn kill over and over in the map current state.)

-With OS it is possible to have more scenery, but I don't think its really necessary. This map should keep the open battlefield look, a few wouldn't hurt, but if you want to avoid making this into another gaudy disaster mod in I recommend keeping it minimal.

-Add a few more points of interest on the map with weapon crates.

-Use OS to prevent disappearing patches in the map.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The map is in good shape, all these thing are minor personal recommendations though.

back on topic with this badboy, bigass. Please
(everything in yellow yes, in default no)

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 16, 2014 08:01 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Im aware of SAPP, I wasnt sure if the server for this map runs on it. I dont have anytrouble with lead, but thats because I run on 10-20ms ping to the server hosting this map... so I thought people with 100-200ms ping would have trouble. I don't really care about changes to the sniper base weapons I was just had an idea and said it as an unnecessary alternative. However, I do take the idea of the DMR/BR serious as part of this map, as well as the magnums which need fixing. Again, a DMR should be added because it's a large map, it can counter/challenge snipers, and it has an advantage over the magnums. The BR would have non distinctive purpose in relation with the magnums in this map (unless you want to make major adjustments) and modded BRs are so broken online. Good point about OpenSauce, I ve gotten so used to it I forgot most people do not know what it is, LoL. Mongooses can get jammed in the base vents, maybe you should put the outside of the vent higher and use a ladder to get to the top.

(you could add an smg with a 60 round clip, to be counter for the nerfed shotgun just for fun but not necessary)

-oh and the AR should be the starting weapon instead of the MA45, the MA45 is an automatic headshot weapon, and the AR goes along with Reach Magnum nicely especially in looks

Edited by GreatCesar1 on Feb 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 16, 2014 07:13 PM (Total replies: 1869)

:::Weapons:::

I used to make pro settings for halo 4, and this is the most promising Halo CE mod I've played. So I just have a few specific personal recommendations on weapon tuning:

-Handguns: There is no real difference between the two handguns. Considering the Odst tag has 66% clip size and more recoil, I suggest Buffing the accuracy greatly on the Odst pistol tag, removing the recoil, adding the recoil to the HR magnum tag and and making the HR 4shot kill(sk) to the head keeping its accuracy. Also have different reticle shapes for each(keep the HR magnums reticle, but change the ODST's to resemble a more accurate weapon).
In the end, there will be a distinct difference between the two:
*H:R magnum: Damage buff(4sk), +Recoil
*ODST Pistol: High Accuracy, slight Spread to prevent OPness, No Recoil, 5shot kill to head, Faster firerate than its counter weapon.

-Assault Rifles: I like the balance with these currently, the MA45 is an outdated looking model though(at least the textures).

-Snipers: Gauss Rifle needs a Direct damage buff, which can be down without it eliminating the purpose of the SpLaser (Take the Halo4 Rail gun for example; one shot infantry kill, 6-7Shot kill on just a warthog).
*Sniper: I like the lead and everything on this so far(Im uncertain about how they spawn in the base, maybe add another outpost on the map for them or weapon crate somewhere hidden), if you could add bullet magnetism when in range 'unscoped' this can be done in OS.
*Gauss Rifle: 1sk direct impact on infantry, less splash damage Range. I do like the bullet drop and bullet velocity on this alot(maybe with this buff you could drop the clip size to 2-3, which in this case will function exactly like a Binary Rifle).

-Laser: I like where this is at right now(of course one you add a reticle). Its damage should be 2.5-3x stronger than the Gauss in the end so its all purpose vehicle weapon(add a splash damage effect maybe). Since this weapon is Hitscan, it has a much higher use over the gauss rifle against vehicles

About the DMR vs BR: I honestly have to so say DMR(either one should replace the snipers in each base) because most BRs are very broken and are hard to get right in CE. For the DMR, it should have Halo4 Vanilla range(100meters scoped in red reticle range because its a larger map). I think the DMR would fit better over the BR because...
1)The DMR would have a very distinctive advantage over handguns at longer ranges
2)The single shot weapons seam to have much better bullet registration over burst or automatic weapons due to online latency
3)The DMR would be able to actually counter the snipers at long range which no other weapon in this tagset seems to be capable of doing!
...So DMR > BR in this case, of course you could add both

:::Vehicles:::

[yes, a proper health system is possible with OpenSauce]

Scorpion: more accurate machine turret.

Falcon: I know you are doing everything right so far on this, but I don't think the Rockets fit at all. You should buff the primary fire turret removing the rockets.
Unless you have rockets only shoot twice before reloading ratther than 6-8shots (cant remember)
- This needs at least 175% health so it doesnt get taken down with two clips of Sniper or one clip of Gauss

Warthogs: (they all need a faster rotating turret, I dont know if this is possible)
*rocket Hog: perfect
*Default: Needs damage buff~ 125-150%
*Gauss: Splash Damage needs a significant Nerf, 180% slower Rate of Fire(RoF). I feel like this is really the most unbalanced thing in the map. Maybe take these out of the the Base and add Trooper warthogs instead, then replace the spade with a Gauss warthog(IDK honestly because the spade matches the aesthetics of the house in the center of the map).

Mongooses: Shorter Respawn time in bases.

:::Map:::

-I understand a tunnel system would be complex, but I think it's necessary(around each base and a more natural cave system in the center).

-You should add small base near the mother base on each side (manly for a much larger range of spawn locations! its to tight and a scorpion can easily spawn kill over and over in the map current state.)

-With OS it is possible to have more scenery, but I don't think its really necessary. This map should keep the open battlefield look, a few wouldn't hurt, but if you want to avoid making this into another gaudy disaster mod in I recommend keeping it minimal.

-Add a few more points of interest on the map with weapon crates.

-Use OS to prevent disappearing patches in the map.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The map is in good shape, all these thing are minor personal recommendations though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 15, 2014 10:53 PM (Total replies: 1869)

-Excellent effort on the tags

-The Ar is 100% perfect; its Beeeeaautiful and its function is sooo balanced

-Magnum is very balanced

-Gauss rifle, unless youve tested this already it should be 1shotkill with less splash damage

-I like the ability to destroy the falcon, this should be applied to all vehicles... except somehow teammates can betray you like this annoyingly

-Increase accuracy and damage on the Falcon turret but take off the rocket secondary

-Decrease damage on the Gauss Warthog and increase it on the Default warthog

-Is bullet magnetism possible in CE to reduce obnoxious amount of lead?

-Warthogs are getting jammed by trolls infront of the armory door, please this.

-Add a Tunnel System around the base and a Cave system through central map... too exposed as infantry.

-I dont know about a BR or DMR. It would be good with the lack of rifles, but I do like the simplicity of this version.

-Higher spawn times on power weapons. If this is done, then you will need to add BRs/DMRs to the map for Balance or even to default spawn weapons set

Again, excellent tags. This is currently so balanced, and the best Modded MP map to date that I can think of. You should create small as well as medium sized maps so all these other terrible maps with ten sets of tags get faded out.
Edited by GreatCesar1 on Feb 15, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Jun 16, 2013 12:59 AM (Total replies: 443)

any updates?

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Mar 12, 2013 01:25 AM (Total replies: 443)

any updates?
Edited by GreatCesar1 on Mar 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Mar 6, 2013 08:23 PM (Total replies: 443)

It's just a huge radius of bullet-magnetism around the reticle of the BR, the BR in firefight rio had the same OP problem. It kind of works like a cham, however in CMT SPV3's current mod the BR/carbine/sniper feels like it has no bullet magnetism at all making it hard as hell to use, at least in the first map version that they have out. In portent-II you should try to make it balanced like inbetween halo 2 and halo 3's bullet-magnetism strength, if you can. Just a suggestion
Edited by GreatCesar1 on Mar 6, 2013 at 08:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I've Always Wondered... Mar 2, 2013 06:33 PM (Total replies: 49)

the only time i play halo ce/pc is when i want to play some cmt campaign mods. i some times go online. many parts about halo ce's online are beyond over rated; extinction, coldsnap, and the online it self, the fact that 2000+ people play this makes me sad with the bullet lag game breaker, you have pretend your throughing a rock, and anticipate where your target will be and where the rock will land at the same time, and with plasma weapons and slow projectile needlers you would imagine throughing a piece of paper instead of a rock.... no it probably wont get fixed, and there is no way to help, not if even if your playing LAN under 20 mile long satelite dishes.

-sorry about my rant.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Feb 27, 2013 07:19 PM (Total replies: 443)

i respect your work, i wish i new how to make these type of HQ maps but i dont even own any version of 3ds max. i also appreciate you mooseguy checking your forum daily
Edited by GreatCesar1 on Feb 28, 2013 at 08:57 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Feb 26, 2013 09:04 PM (Total replies: 443)

so... when does the map release?
i can not wait since i just found out about it by seeing it listed in my UI firefight section.

just wondering so i dont look everyday and find nothing, which is the same thing that keeps happening when i look for updates on CMT SPV3.

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 6:43 PM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website