A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Yoshiman
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 04:38 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Yoshiman has contributed to 34 posts out of 469376 total posts (.01%) in 2,420 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » I <3 Love HaloMaps. Dec 8, 2013 04:38 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: UNDEROATH RMT

I like how you edit.
Edited by UNDEROATH RMT on Dec 6, 2013 at 09:39 PM

I like how you edit too.

Halo CE General Discussion » I <3 Love HaloMaps. Dec 5, 2013 08:09 PM (Total replies: 17)

Personally, I hate Halo 4 and their armors. However I do like the Mark V armor. It's shame it has to be a DLC that you have to pay for.
Edited by Yoshiman on Dec 5, 2013 at 08:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH Tags v1 Oct 20, 2013 09:11 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: shadowslayer123
Lol my ports look terrible, i do them just for fun. Every now and then, i make something neat, that nobody else has ported yet, so i post a few pictures, hence my brutes.

I had brutes too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Oct 11, 2013 01:17 PM (Total replies: 834)

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: Yoshiman
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike

halo 4 marines are weird they dont look like people in the military they look like power rangers. halo 3 and reach marines look better.
Edited by savinpvtmike on Oct 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I like Halo Wars marines. They look like ultra powered up HD versions of Halo 1 Marines. Which I think would make sense for the timeline but Reach likes to mess with it though by having these new Marines that look nothing like Halo 1. I'm not talking about the army troopers but the marines on the last mission.

It would make sense for them to have different variants though...

Different variants yes but the ones in the last level are the Pillar of Autumns. So I would only think they should resemble the ones from Halo 1.

Halo Reach all the way to the end of halo 3 is only a few months, the marines on the Autumn could have had different load outs, I mean we could not have seen them all in H1, there were a lot of people on that ship.

That or they just did a permutation of the Army Trooper just like they did with the ODSTs in the game because they probably wouldn't want to bother with it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Oct 11, 2013 12:29 AM (Total replies: 834)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

halo 4 marines are weird they dont look like people in the military they look like power rangers. halo 3 and reach marines look better.

I like Halo Wars marines. They look like ultra powered up HD versions of Halo 1 Marines. Which I think would make sense for the timeline but Reach likes to mess with it though by having these new Marines that look nothing like Halo 1. I'm not talking about the army troopers but the marines on the last mission.

It would make sense for them to have different variants though...

Different variants yes but the ones in the last level are the Pillar of Autumns. So I would only think they should resemble the ones from Halo 1.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Oct 10, 2013 08:44 AM (Total replies: 834)

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 28, 2013 06:31 PM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Actually, SP into MP maps using Kirby's AI sync method. But you wouldn't be able to do much because of the tag limit, which is much higher with OS.

And in the end, don't we make maps because we like to do so and don't care what others want?

That is very true and Johnlex is a good example of that.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 28, 2013 02:36 PM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said, right at the end there.

Which is why I said "exactly" because I am agreeing with your point that you don't need people to have fun on single player.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 28, 2013 02:18 PM (Total replies: 90)

I use Open Sauce, wasn't there a poll which asked if one used Open Sauce? The majority answered yes.

People will automatically switch to Open Sauce if there is a map that's worth it needs it.

Seems rather subject to bias, and even then anyone who answered yes would still be a subset simply by virtue of there being well over a thousand people registered here.

And from what I've seen, the answer is no as far as switching to OS for a particular map. Everyone offers non-sauce versions of their maps because they know not doing so means it will be even more underplayed than usual. Even CMT, who were supposed to be the flagship team, followed the trend there. Or set it, rather.

I'd love to see OS used more commonly, but as it stands the only thing it seems to have accomplished is dividing the community even more.

I think what would divide the community even more is the Cry Engine 3 Halo Custom Edition. But of course, I think that discussion died quite quickly. So if no one will make open sauce only maps then I will. Because why not? It doesn't matter to me if a lot people play or not. As long is it's fun for anyone who cares enough to play it.

I was one of the players on Elefant's gamenight following the release of his mappack. It was not a secret, there was a forum post. Guess how many people showed up for that one round of playing? Eight to ten, by my count.

Guess how many people are playing it right now? Zero.

Were there any inherent flaws in the maps? No, they were all brilliantly designed and had great gameplay value. Maps here have a terribly high attrition rate unless they go in with the intent of catering to a particular trait players want, such as shiny tagsets (CMT Snow Grove) or well-balanced vehicular warfare (Coldsnap). I just don't get why anyone would willingly gimp themselves even more by ensuring even less people utilize their content before the hype wears off.

You could say you're just doing it for the fun of it, but sublimely every creator wants people to enjoy what they're doing, even if their primary goal is to just better their skills. And right now the current circulation of people using OS is just not enough to sustain a map for any period of time longer than a week, if that. Hence why from what I've seen it's primarily SP maps that use Sauce, simply because you don't need upwards of ten people willing to download and install it to have a good time.

Exactly why Single Player maps are great. You don't need people to have fun.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 28, 2013 02:06 PM (Total replies: 90)

I use Open Sauce, wasn't there a poll which asked if one used Open Sauce? The majority answered yes.

People will automatically switch to Open Sauce if there is a map that's worth it needs it.

Seems rather subject to bias, and even then anyone who answered yes would still be a subset simply by virtue of there being well over a thousand people registered here.

And from what I've seen, the answer is no as far as switching to OS for a particular map. Everyone offers non-sauce versions of their maps because they know not doing so means it will be even more underplayed than usual. Even CMT, who were supposed to be the flagship team, followed the trend there. Or set it, rather.

I'd love to see OS used more commonly, but as it stands the only thing it seems to have accomplished is dividing the community even more.

I think what would divide the community even more is the Cry Engine 3 Halo Custom Edition. But of course, I think that discussion died quite quickly. So if no one will make open sauce only maps then I will. Because why not? It doesn't matter to me if a lot people play or not. As long is it's fun for anyone who cares enough to play it.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 28, 2013 11:58 AM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 2507
i prefer not use open sauce... look nice but i was having problems using it... :/
like what problems ther is 1 problem with open sauce but to stop you on using open sauce man??
Edited by DOOM899 on Sep 27, 2013 at 07:58 PM

One problem I have with it is I can't see detail object collections. Like the 2d grass and foliage in the game. Lumoria has a lot of them. But if you have open sauce activated its just not there. Hopefully in the next version of Open Sauce, they fix it.

You got these results without Open Sauce? Wow.

To be honest OS is a huge boner killer for me since using tags demanding it means you can only target a miniscule demographic of halo players.

I used open sauce. I was just stating a problem I have with it. But one of the main reasons I use open sauce is because I don't want grubby Illegal Latinos(Latinos who illegally got Halo CE and then start becoming a pest on servers by making teams unbalanced etc.) to get their hands on it. Most of them are on the non updated Halo. And if the graphics part is the problem why most people don't use Open Sauce then you can disable most of those features to decrease lag.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 28, 2013 09:51 AM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 2507
i prefer not use open sauce... look nice but i was having problems using it... :/
like what problems ther is 1 problem with open sauce but to stop you on using open sauce man??
Edited by DOOM899 on Sep 27, 2013 at 07:58 PM

One problem I have with it is I can't see detail object collections. Like the 2d grass and foliage in the game. Lumoria has a lot of them. But if you have open sauce activated its just not there. Hopefully in the next version of Open Sauce, they fix it.
Edited by Yoshiman on Sep 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mouse and KeyBoard VS. GamePads Sep 17, 2013 11:45 PM (Total replies: 29)

It's fun using the game-pad on Single Player. Especially with "player_magnetism 1" on. When playing Multiplayer it's weird because the slight movement of the analog stick will make you run at full speed because you can't walk. But you can walk in Single Player. Is there a real reason why Gearbox made it like that?

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 16, 2013 08:13 PM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
The elites are beautiful, I think you should release them !
And you also should put a bit of time in fixing the knees and few parts (certainly the back of the shoulders on the marines) to have something looking nice and consistent with the shaders/LODs

I might release the elite bipeds after I finish my campaign. As for the marines, I'll fix their knees. It's a huge hassle to recompile models because it removes the regions in the gbx file and so I have to recreate them. I also use theater mode a lot in Halo Reach to get the characters a little accurate and mimic a few of their permutations. And I do have a Halo 4 Mark V biped which I'll use as Spartan 2's. Although I despise Halo 4, I like their Mark V armor.

Comes in any color,

even Master Chief.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 15, 2013 07:00 PM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGAVKNG

Ok, also, sometimes in models i get rainbow color changing in adjundant, how do i fix it?
Edited by MEGAVKNG on Sep 15, 2013 at 06:54 PM

If it's in the model viewer, I doubt you can fix it. I'm not sure though. Maybe it means it doesn't have a bitmap or something. Other than that I mostly see Halo 4 models with that problem.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 15, 2013 06:29 PM (Total replies: 90)

Ok, did you use adjundant to rip? if so what formats did you export in?

I used Adjutant and exported it in emf format.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 14, 2013 10:32 PM (Total replies: 90)

Just asking, were all those elite models separate or did you need to use the armorless elite and put in the armor?

They are all one model but permutations. So the minor elite is one model and is also permutation 1 and the officer is permutation 2 and so on. The dialogue in the biped file selects the permutation in the model.
Edited by Yoshiman on Sep 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 14, 2013 08:47 PM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/YoshimanHaloCE/haloce2013-09-1215-52-56-60_zpsb25273f7.png

Open Sauce can make pretty decent shaders.

How about you and rigging ?

I'm pretty terrible at rigging but I usually use all the bones like the ponytail and mandibles. I also ported a couple of Reach characters in-game with lods and collision models.

Edited by Yoshiman on Sep 15, 2013 at 06:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Sep 12, 2013 06:56 PM (Total replies: 90)

Open Sauce can make pretty decent shaders.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Sep 2, 2013 05:18 PM (Total replies: 834)

Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer50
nice work on the tags and nice work on brutes ya useing open suace for dat?

Yeah, I used open sauce.

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 2:17 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website