A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: FrustatedSpartan
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 24, 2013 01:58 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
FrustatedSpartan has contributed to 3 posts out of 469492 total posts (0.00%) in 2,449 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Exporting to a .jms Mar 24, 2013 01:58 PM (Total replies: 8)

How do I do make shaders? I made all of my subs-mats into there own standard mat.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Exporting to a .jms Mar 24, 2013 01:09 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
Quote: --- Original message by: FrustatedSpartan
"unknown property name in undefined" I've seen this all over the internet, posted by people who can't get past it. I have found solutions, but apparently they aren't my solutions. I have 3DS MAX 2010. I have made my own map, diverting from the tutorial, but using the same principles and everything. Here are the basics of my map:

Materials- I have on my main geography 3 diff. materials:
1. +sky
2. for the ground, I made a material out of a psd I made for sand
3. I made mountains, and made a rock wall psd to put on them. For the two buildings I personally constructed, which I made one whole shape with no holes, just reflex angles to allow for an interior, I made two seperate material groups. I made one with the tutorial's metal, to put on the walls, albotross ramp metal for the flooring, and i used a personal water psd, which i applied effects on, to make some energy panels. I used the first two in this building's group to make the next building's material group.

I did the portals and exact portals thing with the plus symbol in the names. I cleared EVERY smoothing group. I Reasigned the materials to the rightful geometry, as well as made sure that the selection tools under edit mesh were off. i use the jms exporter by TheGhost. I also made sure no open edges were present. Ask me anything and I'll tell you more. Please help me.

Never had that error before, but, are you using the blank name slot in the material editor, or are you clicking on the actual materials and changine the Material #whatever label to what's needed?
Well, I pull up the material editor and change the name of each sub.... how do I change the 'Material#"whatever"'?

I am not using blitzkreig, for it will not work in my system or current version of 3ds max, or maybe both. I am using multi materials... I am also using TheGhost's Blue Streak JMS Exporter. Is there a way to make it all work just by using single materials, on each group of faces and surfaces that use a specific material. Also, I notice that Shaders are used a lot... I may be an experienced gamer, but this is basically the first time I've took the job of developer, sorta. I was wondering if the shader's get created by tool, or if I have to make them, cause I wouldn't have a clue how if I am supposed to.
Edited by FrustatedSpartan on Mar 24, 2013 at 01:13 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Exporting to a .jms Mar 23, 2013 04:28 PM (Total replies: 8)

"unknown property name in undefined" I've seen this all over the internet, posted by people who can't get past it. I have found solutions, but apparently they aren't my solutions. I have 3DS MAX 2010. I have made my own map, diverting from the tutorial, but using the same principles and everything. Here are the basics of my map: Materials- I have on my main geography 3 diff. materials 1. +sky 2. for the ground, I made a material out of a psd I made for sand 3. I made mountains, and made a rock wall psd to put on them. For the two buildings I personally constructed, which I made one whole shape with no holes, just reflex angles to allow for an interior, I made two seperate material groups. I made one with the tutorial's metal, to put on the walls, albotross ramp metal for the flooring, and i used a personal water psd, which i applied effects on, to make some energy panels. I used the first two in this building's group to make the next building's material group. I did the portals and exact portals thing with the plus symbol in the names. I cleared EVERY smoothing group. I Reasigned the materials to the rightful geometry, as well as made sure that the selection tools under edit mesh were off. i use the jms exporter by TheGhost. I also made sure no open edges were present. Ask me anything and I'll tell you more. Please help me.

Time: Thu December 5, 2019 4:57 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website