A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Dr Jaul
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 14, 2010 12:44 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Dr Jaul has contributed to 83 posts out of 469465 total posts (.02%) in 4,772 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » slower moving enemies Dec 14, 2010 12:44 AM (Total replies: 0)

hey guys this is a pretty mundane question, but iv been over the actor, actor varient and biped tags of the chartacter I want to run slow and I cant find a movement speed field. am I even looking in the right place?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hi peeps. Oct 8, 2010 05:20 PM (Total replies: 4)

you may not want to do all the folders recursively cuz this can break your tag set and cause much grief so only recursively download folders that the missing tags should be in.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » BSP help Oct 8, 2010 05:17 PM (Total replies: 4)

let me know if I read this wrong, if you used the bsp converter it means you have a model in 3ds max/gmax and you want to export your edited blood gulch from 3ds/g max to sapien. and you want to know how to do this without installing blitzcreig because you cant do it without permission from teh system admin (that is how I read this)

I dont think models made by the bsp converter are made the way halo wants them to be made. so you may not be able to export your model as is.

but as for exporting models without blitzcreig, there is hope

go here http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/ and download the jms exporter. the other tools are pretty useful as well, youll want those. the easiest way to install them is open 3ds max click on the max script bar and click run scripts and just drag the files you downloaded into the window that pops up

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » my custom animation problem Oct 7, 2010 01:45 PM (Total replies: 3)

its a jmw

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » my custom animation problem Oct 6, 2010 11:48 PM (Total replies: 3)

ok so im trying to do a pelican dropoff. when I try to run my custom animation the pelican moves to the origin (0,0,0) and just sits there. now i imported the animation back into 3ds max with the halo animation importer script from ghost's project blue streak, and everything works... so what's the deal? am I supposed to set up something with guerilla?
Edited by Dr Jaul on Oct 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmaps error? Oct 5, 2010 08:43 PM (Total replies: 13)

try running lightmaps in sapien.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmaps error? Oct 5, 2010 06:01 PM (Total replies: 13)

:O ... uhh... thats very interesting... try opening your map in sapien. and see if it crashes... if it does, try using a different skybox... if that doesnt work, your map may be too big, have too many faces, ... or it may be a problem with your HEK in general and you may need to reinstall. just make sure you back everything up before reinstalling

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmaps error? Oct 4, 2010 10:48 PM (Total replies: 13)

they are what make the faces of your map look smooth. right click on your map and click convert to editable mesh. when you do face editing (as opposed to edge or virtex editing) there is a box with like 30+ buttons in the window to the left of your viewports. those are the smoothing groups. there should be a button that says clear all. hit that. you will be able to see all the polygons, but it will make lightmaps run faster, look better, and you can use a tool like aether to make shinier looking shadowmaps.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmaps error? Oct 4, 2010 08:31 PM (Total replies: 13)

the debug thing says

the meter definition ui\hud\cyborg shield does not specify a stencil bitmap group.
the meter definition ui\hud\cyborg body does not specify a stencil bitmap group.

these are important hud files for the player and they are in every map... if the weird memory addresses arent coming up in other maps, then there may be a problem with your map. try removing all the smoothing groups from your map then rerunning lightmaps.

but to answer your question, yes reinstalling the hek should fix it. but the way I described is a bit more surgical.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmaps error? Oct 3, 2010 09:44 PM (Total replies: 13)

yeah if you recursively extract all the tags from a map, especially from the ui folder, it will mess with stuff and you wil lget errors like that

its also not a lightmapping-specific error. if you tried to open the map in sapien, sapien would crash and that same error would appearin the debug file
Edited by Dr Jaul on Oct 3, 2010 at 09:47 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmaps error? Oct 3, 2010 05:50 PM (Total replies: 13)

The Cause: you used the HEK+ and recursively ripped a bunch of tags... or if you didnt I dont know how it happened, but it happened.

The Fix: you need to find your halo CE installation disk or open the halo custom edition installer with a program like 7zip or winrar(do this by right clicking and selecting open archive). the contents of the disk/installer has all the default tags for the game. the easy way is brows to the ui/hud folder in the disk/installer, copy that whole folder into the ui folder in your halo ce directory and tell it to over write everything. nice and simple

unless you have made or downloaded custom hud stuff then its gonna take longer. you need to browse to the ui/hud folder on the disk/installer and find the tag that its talking about and replace the one in your own halo ce directory with the un broken one.
Edited by Dr Jaul on Oct 3, 2010 at 05:51 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can someone fix my map? Oct 3, 2010 04:50 PM (Total replies: 1)

for future reference, usually when it says couldnt update edge, it means that one of the polygons in your map is flipped. and when i say usually I mean not all the time. there are other causes. and as for importing wrl files uncheck all the boxes in the window that comes up before the import happens. nothing should happen outside of 3ds max zooming out a bit. good luck to ya

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom animation? Oct 3, 2010 04:39 PM (Total replies: 38)

ok so i finally got my animation file to compile as a jmw... but all it does is move the pelican to the origin and sits there. now i imported the animation back into 3ds max with tha halo animation importer script from ghost's project blue streak, and everything works... so what am I doing wrong?

Edited by Dr Jaul on Oct 5, 2010 at 02:10 AM

how do you put the player in an object list?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » a few animation questions Sep 30, 2010 12:34 AM (Total replies: 9)

the animations folder in the pelican folder

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » a few animation questions Sep 30, 2010 12:17 AM (Total replies: 9)

cad animation exporter. i think you can download it from halomaps.

sorry to bump, but if I wanted to load the player into one of the passenger seats of a pelican... what would the vehicle_load_magic parameters look like?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » bigger mgalekgolo(hunter) Sep 29, 2010 06:05 PM (Total replies: 3)

it wouldnt be hard. just find the ghost's project bluestreak page, download the gbx model importer scriipt, import the hunter model and scale everything up in 3ds max

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » a few animation questions Sep 29, 2010 05:59 PM (Total replies: 9)

sweet thanks for that. I am in fact trying to make a world relative pelican animation. whenever i try to compile it, it says failed to allocate tag data... the animation does cover a really large area, does that affect anything?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » a few animation questions Sep 27, 2010 07:50 PM (Total replies: 9)

hey guys, questions:

what is the difference between all the animation export file types? (jma jmo jmm etc)

should custom animations run in sapien wheh i use the custom animation command? i know some commands were meant to run while the game runs.

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 7:23 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website