A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Llama Juice
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 17, 2013 10:47 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Llama Juice has contributed to 1 posts out of 469492 total posts (0.00%) in 2,333 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 17, 2013 10:47 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Masterz,

You were saying that in the H2SPP project in CE3 that one big obstacle that you were trying to overcome is AI pathing on moving gondolas.

What if, when you get on the first gondola you do a BSP change, and then EVERYTHING ELSE in the stage moves instead of your gondola.

Whenever you want to have the next gondola appear, have a script to watch for enemies that you've killed. Once all the enemies have been killed in that zone have a BSP switch so that now the player is on a moving gondola, approaching an oncoming gondola filled with new dudes. The oncoming gondola would just be standing still, but since you're moving towards it in an infinitely huge lake, it would appear as though it's moving as well.

I don't have any idea how you'd pull off the scarab battle though. Good luck man haha.

Also, @Everyone else, Hi. I'm Llama Juice. I'm another one of the artists on TSC: E. I'm responsible for the organic environment modeling in the first video and this beach encounter video.

Time: Thu December 5, 2019 6:00 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website