A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Spectrum1012
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 06:52 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Spectrum1012 has contributed to 90 posts out of 469529 total posts (.02%) in 4,790 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Sandtrap V2 (most likely.) Jun 20, 2010 06:52 PM (Total replies: 1788)

Dang, the pistol is spot on. Congrats to the maker(s) :)
Edited by Spectrum1012 on Jun 20, 2010 at 06:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 20, 2010 05:16 PM (Total replies: 11482)

They sure seemed stronger in the books. But then again, the plasma in the books burns through a marine in one hit, so who knows?

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for a source of good concept art Jun 16, 2010 04:33 PM (Total replies: 9)

Nice, I'll check that one out too!

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for a source of good concept art Jun 16, 2010 04:00 PM (Total replies: 9)

http://conceptartworld.com/

I found this when I was really into halo architecture as well, hope you find something good on it.

http://www.3dtotal.com/

They have some of the best stuff I've found on the web. 3D total is updated almost every day with new stuff, their database is full too.
Edited by Spectrum1012 on Jun 16, 2010 at 04:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Maker Needed! Jun 15, 2010 11:18 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Arbiter1164

Seriously, this is why we lose any potential talent who's even cool enough to even step foot in this game, you're all so negative and act in the most disgusting manner towards them that they say "screw it" and leave.

This is precisely why I don't post here often.

P.S. Oh and I'm actually interested in what you have drawn up, but I'll PM you about it.
Edited by Spectrum1012 on Jun 15, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [W.I.P.] Halo: Reach menu fan-made May 31, 2010 07:03 PM (Total replies: 33)

2, although 1 might be better if you enlarged the logo to take up most of the dark space in the top left quad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need a new gfx card May 24, 2010 01:08 PM (Total replies: 8)

Holy crap... I got a 4650 a few months ago and it was the same price as that 5770. Damn, I hate price changes. Mine's a great card though, runs everything quite well. Halo's a breeze for any modern card though...

Halo CE General Discussion » is reach beta over? May 23, 2010 03:51 PM (Total replies: 3)

it's been over for a few days now.

Halo CE General Discussion » specail request for a specail project... May 19, 2010 11:46 PM (Total replies: 35)

hm, well I'll take that as a compliment! I'll do that.

Halo CE General Discussion » specail request for a specail project... May 19, 2010 12:35 PM (Total replies: 35)

Yeah I know there are still some things to fix on it, but depending on your purposes, the errors wont's have an impact on the final product... but I still don't know what you're using it for lol, which is why I'm posting it as it is. It's mostly just the smoothing that makes it look bad... but I agree there are some vertexes and faces that can be reformed, which I can do if need be.

Halo CE General Discussion » specail request for a specail project... May 18, 2010 10:39 PM (Total replies: 35)

Ok well here we go, I'm done. Anything you want me to touch up? I know it's not perfect, but I'm still learning.

Textured...

Untextured... kind of ugly but meh I'll fix it... maybe

If you have xfire I can send it to you like that. I'd also like to know what you're using it for :) but you can say it later.

My Xfire: spectrum1012

I'd really like any constructive criticism too, if anyone does that around here.
Edited by Spectrum1012 on May 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » moveable objects May 18, 2010 08:42 PM (Total replies: 6)

I beleive the vehicle is oriented when you export it from max and compile the model. Not entirely sure about the process, but I know it's not the seat that tells it which ways up.
Edited by Spectrum1012 on May 18, 2010 at 08:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Physics (concept) May 18, 2010 05:28 PM (Total replies: 4)

Sweet... looks interesting. I hope you can get it working!

Halo CE General Discussion » specail request for a specail project... May 17, 2010 11:49 PM (Total replies: 35)

One Last update tonight before bed.

I'm gonna fix the textures up a bit, the lighting's sketchy. Still gotta do the visor. I like how it's turning out, I'm trying a new kind of modelling technique which serves me well. It'll be done tomorrow, I need it for example work.

Halo CE General Discussion » Texture thread May 17, 2010 10:27 PM (Total replies: 145)

I keep coming to this thread hoping someone has posted another useful texture, only to leave shaking my head. I do like the textures that are here though :)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Random Halo Map Structure Error?? May 17, 2010 10:22 PM (Total replies: 5)

Might have something to do with linking the level to the frame... try redrawing the frame, re link it, if the problem persists then it might be that you have a missing face or something... well thats my guess anyways. You should learn to model more cleanly :P I never get errors on my maps.
Edited by Spectrum1012 on May 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Physics (concept) May 17, 2010 10:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

Well I'm pretty sure that in the halo 1 engine when a force acts upon an object, it acts upon the center of mass. That's why the whole warthog shifts instead of rotates around the z axis, but you probably knew that.

As for the boost effect, I tried something similar but with a sword lunge. What I can tell you is that it is VERY difficult to make it work in some kind of order. When I tried it, it made the character (in your case it would be the warthog) move in a seemingly random direction instead of the direction emanating out from the explosion's center to the object. So from my experience, damage effects for making land-bound vehicles/characters move in a specific direction... isn't exactly practical. If only this were a newer engine, this might actually work...
Edited by Spectrum1012 on May 17, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » specail request for a specail project... May 17, 2010 06:28 PM (Total replies: 35)

Yeah, or I could use the reference images to give it some life. Wouldn't take too long...

(btw I'm mostly done the top section as well now. Just the Back and the visor left, really.)
Edited by Spectrum1012 on May 17, 2010 at 06:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » specail request for a specail project... May 17, 2010 05:01 PM (Total replies: 35)

Just a quick update on the model progress, hope you like it so far.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Aero May 16, 2010 08:00 PM (Total replies: 232)

Yeah, I look forward to seeing an update on this, I think it's looking quite promising. I didn't even know it was gonna have a campaign, too... Freaking sweet.

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 6:29 AM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website