A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Codykins
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 14, 2013 04:54 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
~*Live Life to the Fullest; Cherish your Friends*~

Post Statistics
Codykins has contributed to 9 posts out of 469526 total posts (0.00%) in 2,231 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teammate Indicator; Single Player? Nov 9, 2013 11:07 AM (Total replies: 10)

Hi xnx!

Hehe, thank you.
It's what I try my hardest to live my life by. ^_^
Edited by Codykins on Nov 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teammate Indicator; Single Player? Nov 7, 2013 03:17 PM (Total replies: 10)

Nah. The only remaining issue is getting a Nav-Point over the 5th AI. The other four are working fine, just need to find a way to either raise the Nav-Point limit, or another way to get one over the 5th character.

In the meantime, I can work on other parts of the project as well. I've been sifting through globals.globals and default.hud_globals in hopes of finding a way to raise the limit, but nothing has caught my eye as of yet. I could be looking in the wrong area, though.

I don't suppose you have Skype or any form of messenger, eeh? Would probably be a lot easier, rather than waiting hours on end for eachothers posts, anyways, Lol.

Let me know what you think!
______

~*Codykins*~
Edited by Codykins on Nov 7, 2013 at 03:20 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teammate Indicator; Single Player? Nov 7, 2013 12:59 AM (Total replies: 10)

Thanks for all your help Frank!
I've got it all sorted out since my last edit, actually, so you really didn't need to post all that!

One last parting question, though; I could be wrong, but it seems like when using the activate_team_nav_point_object script, it will only let me use a maximum of 4 Nav-Points; Anything below the 4th one won't show up ingame. Is there a way to raise the limit? I'm sure there is, since you can have 8+ in Multiplayer.

Let me know, if possible!

~*Codykins*~

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teammate Indicator; Single Player? Nov 6, 2013 09:28 PM (Total replies: 10)

Hello Again!

Stock Sapien works perfectly fine with naming objects and such, as I've used scripts in MP Maps on objects I've named in Sapien, so I know it works fine.

EDIT: Sorted the below out, managed to fix it all. Things are working properly! Thanks so much for your time Frank, I'll leave the text as a placeholder!
Also, I'm not too worried with how the indicator looks, as long as it DOES work. [s]As for the script and such, this is AI in an Encounter/Squad I'm trying to make the indicators go over, which aren't under the Objects drop-down. Also, this is a Single Player Map we're talking about, which I've never worked scripts into before, only multiplayer, so wouldn't compiling a new script into the map break all the default, old scripts that were in the map, in turn, pretty much breaking the map itself? Just wondering![/s]

________

~*Codykins*~
Edited by Codykins on Nov 6, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Edited by Codykins on Nov 6, 2013 at 09:43 PM
Edited by Codykins on Nov 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Edited by Codykins on Nov 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teammate Indicator; Single Player? Nov 6, 2013 05:16 PM (Total replies: 10)

Hey Juicy Frank!

Thanks so much for the reply. Sorry for the delay, I've been up constantly all night with a sudden major tooth pain that hit me out of nowhere, so I'm extremely exhausted as I type this, so if I'm missing something here, bare with me.

Tried following your steps, but:

• 'Sprite Spacing' is nulled out and can't be changed.

• The 'Add' button is nulled out on both 'Sequences' and the 'Sprites' area underneath.

• So, not to sure where to continue. I can do just about anything on Halo PC, but I'm still growing accustomed to Halo CE Tools (That and I'm dead tired), so if I'm doing anything stupid, just point me in the right direction until I'm stable enough to actually think, Lol.

Also, if you get this sorted out, do you mind posting a quick startup script to activate the navpoint? I'm at work right, and chances are I'm going to pass out from exhaustion when I get home.

Thanks in advance, if so!
    _______

~*Codyins*~
    Edited by Codykins on Nov 6, 2013 at 05:17 PM
    Edited by Codykins on Nov 6, 2013 at 05:21 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teammate Indicator; Single Player? Nov 6, 2013 05:43 AM (Total replies: 10)

Good evening / morning!

I have a rather simple question. I'm been working with a single player map, revamping n' such during my spare time away from work, and I was wondering if it's possible to make the Teammate Indicator (Green Triangle) from Multiplayer, that appears above your team's heads, appear above an AI/NPC, in Single Player?

If you have any ideas on how to go about that, let me know; I have 5 Special AI that are in a testing phase, and it'd be nice to keep track of their whereabouts on the map during so!

Thanks in advance for your time!

~*Codykins*~
    Edited by Codykins on Nov 6, 2013 at 05:43 AM

Time: Sun December 15, 2019 7:49 AM 203 ms.
    A Halo Maps Website