A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: scruffyluvmuffin
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 26, 2014 04:11 PM
Interests: halo, paintball, cars, coding, women, music, women and women.
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: halo (any number), Boarderlands, forza, battlefield and skyim.

Post Statistics
scruffyluvmuffin has contributed to 4 posts out of 465376 total posts (0.00%) in 2,327 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I think it's time we all be honest with ourselves, This thing is dead. Yeah, direct IP may still work and we could try to set up a forum or website with a dedicated server list but that's like putting a band-aid on a broken leg. The real problem is accessibility. While one or two of us may be fine with that solution, a lot of the community won't be.

I know there has been talk about using HAC or OS to populate a server list of sorts, but even then I doubt that will do us much good. Not enough people use those add-ons. Hell, most of the players online don't even have legit copies and the only thing they really know how, or care to do, is play snipes on BG over and over again. What makes you think they will take the time to figure out how to use HAC or OS on a game they essentially treat as a time waster?

I know some of the player base estimates were around 10,000. But as far as people who honestly care about the game and make up it's online community (I.E modders, active forum members, content creators) I'd guess to be in the low 200s... if that.

The only hope I see in this game is if MS decides to either A. put it up on the Windows store, or B. Do a steam release. And if I'm honest, it's a fat chance for either of those. Especially the Steam release. As far as MS is concerned, there is no money in this game.

So, for now I suggest we close up shop with fond memories, it would have been nice to go out with a bang, but I have a feeling it will be more like a pop and fizzle. It was a nice run guys, thanks for the memories. I'm going to miss you.

P.S. One quick thing I want to say that's on a more positive note. I know we have a lot of really capable modders and people who understand the ins and outs of halo on this forum. Instead of wasting time trying to keep the old girl alive, it might be best if efforts are refocused on making an open source game with all of the elements that we have come to love because of halo. Unity would be a good place to start, and it's probably easier to create anew rather than to try and reverse engineer. Just a thought. I know you all could pull it off if you put your minds to it. And a project like that would have much more hope than keeping CE alive (especially with the advent of kick starter, unity, and Steam green lite)

Happy gaming guys, see y'all on the flip side.

Steam tag is CaesarTheCheezer if y'all want to hit me up.
Edited by scruffyluvmuffin on Apr 26, 2014 at 04:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Server list questions/ also HAC vs OS Nov 22, 2013 12:25 AM (Total replies: 6)

Ahh. Yeah that would explain it. I've seen halo "portable" floating around the web a couple of different times.

Anyway man, thanks for the info.

Halo CE General Discussion » Server list questions/ also HAC vs OS Nov 21, 2013 06:49 PM (Total replies: 6)

Thank you very much Sir.

Just on a curious note, Why did so many people not switch to 1.09?

Halo CE General Discussion » Server list questions/ also HAC vs OS Nov 21, 2013 06:30 PM (Total replies: 6)

I'd like to start off by saying hi. I'm a long time Halo CE player (on and off for about 5 years) but registered on the forums just today. It's nice to finally meet you guys.

Now on to my questions.

1. I noticed my server list is kind of small (it's been like a year since I've popped on CE), I'm only getting about 100 servers or so and only about 30 of them have any players. I was wondering if the servers have moved somewhere else? or if popularity has waned? Or is every one still stuck on an older version of CE?

To clarify, I'm on patch 1.09 running OS with all of my search filters set to either any or yes.

2. HAC vs OS? I just found out about HAC today and I know it doesn't play nice with OS (at least, from what I've read.). But when I saw a demonstration video of HAC it seemed to be pulling man MANY more servers. I don't know if it has anything to do with the server list but the video was recent so I figured something most be going on.

3. And here's my last question. From what I gather from the current server list I'm seeing, not many people seem to be using custom maps. It's just a bunch of CTF on Bloodgulch. I happen to have a second computer lying around and was entertaining the idea of running a server with a list of community preferred maps. (possibly .yelo maps if any one is interested).
However, I'd only really want to do this if we could cobble together enough people who would actually be interested in filling it.

Thanks in advance for any help. You guys keep being awesome.

Time: Sat April 4, 2020 11:27 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website