A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: RadWolfie
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 2, 2016 05:54 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Programmer

Post Statistics
RadWolfie has contributed to 60 posts out of 469450 total posts (.01%) in 2,150 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Jul 2, 2016 05:54 PM (Total replies: 246)

Edit: Scratch that, your script DOES work fine anywhere other than the area where you are interact the forerunner interface. Even standing close to it also cause the crash. I think it has to do with one of the old(?) volume trigger event/value or something in that area which kept causing the exception? Or possibility the "area" active when about to approach the interface.

I can confirm via "wake extra_mission" works before entering the tunnel, in the middle, and lastly far right corner of the tunnel's blast door (same location where interactive interface is at). Personally, I think this is the only section needs either a re-do or at least someone else may know how to get rid of proximity event for this area.

Can anyone else confirm this as well? It'll help other users to play at ease since SOI isn't getting this problem.
Edited by RadWolfie on Jul 2, 2016 at 07:53 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
E: I seem to recall that Jesse fixed for the Lumoria maps?
Edited by Spartan314 on Jun 15, 2016 at 08:56 PM

* cough * Jesse released fixed verison * cough * Link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6384 * coughing *

As for Lumoria maps, I do not know for sure since I haven't played it for long time. Plus I do not know where's the thread for Jesse's fixed sniper hud version announcement.

E: Sorry, meant to click preview first to double check my pre-post.
Edited by RadWolfie on Jun 16, 2016 at 01:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Tag Permissions Problem Jun 16, 2016 12:52 PM (Total replies: 12)

More accurate reference: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49336

If you're using Home edition and NTFS partition, there's a third-party tool allows you do the same thing with editing permissions under Windows properties' Security tab. It's called "NTFS Permissions Tool" made by DBC Studio. From there, just simplify add yourself to Halo's directory with full access. Then you won't get any files creation moved to virtual store's directory.

P.S. In same thread link I gave you, I made a simple tool to enforce failure per executable file(s) if do not have permission to primary directory instead of sending to VirtualStore directory as alternate method.
Edited by RadWolfie on Jun 16, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce on Windows 10 Jun 16, 2016 12:43 PM (Total replies: 13)

It works fine from fresh install to updated 1.10 and Open Sauce v4.0. I had played Takedown Project Lawson yelo version to verify it's playable, it is.

As for disable UAC, that's a no-no... Keep it on, seriously...

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Jun 3, 2016 12:10 PM (Total replies: 246)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
played all the way thru a10 not one crash, nice map addon.

2nd a30 just one crash at that damn door, cannot get past it.

The only fix for it is to do these step first (do not approach the end of the tunnel, otherwise you will be automatic move on to next mission). Open console via ` key then type in each command from top to bottom.

• switch_bsp 2

• object_teleport (unit (list_get (players) 0)) before_extra_jeep

• wake extra_mission

Then you are able to continue on throughout the game-play for a30 map.
Edited by RadWolfie on Jun 3, 2016 at 12:11 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
no way to get it to work in W7?

Nope, I tried it in almost any method I can with compatibility mode, visual themes, and even desktop composition. His method only works with Windows 10 (can't confirm for Windows 8/8.1, might does work). The only thing works for Windows 7 is change theme to "Windows Classic" theme. Source: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=33293
Edited by RadWolfie on Jun 3, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Jun 2, 2016 02:31 PM (Total replies: 246)

Not sure if you had tried this one. Copy before_extra_jeep data to before_extra data and just relocate the location a bit. (Not even sure if this is easy to do since I'm not a map maker...)

Or... just use before_extra_jeep when it gets to the end of blocked tunnel? Since this is the one works fine.

Edit: Actually, before_extra works fine if I'm in the vehicle. Soon as I got teleported, I found most likely cause of crash. See the screenshot below, before_extra needs a re-adjustment badly. While before_extra_jeep only need little bit of adjustment since rear wheels are in the ground.

P.S. if I use debug_camera_save/load... the whole world are upside down for some reason? And for some reason it didn't do any mission update/objective from starting point to other end of the map.

Edited by RadWolfie on Jun 2, 2016 at 04:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Jun 2, 2016 01:40 PM (Total replies: 246)

• (switch_bsp 2) <-- No crash even with those friendly thingy (forgot what they're called. Shame on me...)

• (object_teleport (unit (list_get (players) 0)) "before_extra") <-- This is where the crash occur.

• (object_teleport jeep "before_extra_jeep") <-- tested this as well, didn't crash at all even when teleport myself there via console too.

Hmm, "before_extra" is causing the crash. Unless I use "before_extra_jeep" instead of "before_extra", it works fine. I'm not an expert or made a tool to review what this string data relative to. I do know it has to do with a location. It has been tested on your recent uploaded a30_debug zip file.

I hope this is helpful to you since the crash still occurred.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure May 30, 2016 09:51 PM (Total replies: 246)

Perhaps it has to do with in-between the original campaign and your modified "extended" version for the script itself? It would be nice to have an app to keep track of previous command executed inside the script to tell which the last command is caused to crash.

That's good to hear, hoping to play your next build with my 21:9 ratio monitor.

Monstrous? I thought it's just 2 monitors combo into 21:9 ratio monitor? Oh wait, it's just one monitor using 21:9 ratio... ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure May 30, 2016 05:36 PM (Total replies: 246)

Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Did your monitor just got wider while playing?

No, first two images are from window mode. Other two are full screen with native resolution. Or... maybe going to next level just...made...it...wider? Who knows?

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
You have to turn off Open Sauce's HUD scaling to fix the weapon HUD section.

True for this build, however it seem he is accepting any bug reports. Quote from OP below.

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
It seems that widescreen on HAC2 causes the exception errors on some maps for unknown reasons. If you have HAC2 installed, type hac_widescreen 0.

How can this cause an exception? First two screenshots are regular Halo running, yet it crashed in middle fo gameplay on a30 map. Other two are from Open Sauce mod running on a50 map which then crashed in middle of gameplay.

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I suggest also to disable HUD scaling on both HAC2 and Open Sauce, because the mod was not designed with that in mind. I hope to fix it in a future release

Soi, didn't see you mention you will fix it in future release. My bad, you can use my screenshots for reference.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure May 29, 2016 11:28 PM (Total replies: 246)

Please excuse my extremely big images if it occur to your browser's screen. They are screenshot by steam.

Cowering for no reason at the bridge?

Marine's twisted wrist... why must do this? Ayy...

Weapon HUD section is at wrong location, seems you're using couple of single layers instead of individual layer hud for it.

Showing part of biped arm on right side when wield a plasma rifle.

Other than that, I love the texture of PoA, both inside & out, and a30 grassy area. Much better than original texture. I see you had some nice surprises in it, only thing I didn't expect an encounter inside one of the prisoner cell. Good work so far!

As for exception...
* a30 crashed when attempt to reach other side of the tunnel.
* a50 crashed when about to prepare several waves just after rescued Captain Keyes.

Didn't continue on since those crash ruined the mood.

Edit: Oh yeah, for easy & normal mode in a10 map. There seems no voice sound except for their jaw motion soon as you get out of the cryotube.
Edited by RadWolfie on May 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 19, 2016 09:22 AM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Programs like Open Sauce and Phasor and SAPP use process injection, and they use DLL files for this. Relay is current a separate program -- but I'm not doing anything that Open Sauce, HAC2, Phasor, or SAPP could be modified to do.

Correct, this allows the use of multiple halo applications to be run when it starts up without the need to constantly search for the halo application when it loads. I had been doing this for long time, however I had to update the DLL loader since the? newer OS has a few more functions located within in it. Others, except HAC2, didn't need to do that since they are using a modified version of the string.dll file.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Perhaps some developers of these programs could take my work and apply more sophisticated renditions to their own. That would be nice, and the reason why I share source code for Relay is that I want people to see the approach and take the general principle and come up with better ways to apply it to their own more contemporaneous projects. It is to share ideas for development. If I didn't want to share ideas for development, I would not be using this forum thread so much as a blog.

I hear you; I had downloaded a copy of your Relay to preserve the source code for later development. I do plan to make plugin support to enable the ability to detect and send what's changed to the client via Halo's network if possible. However, it would be another 6 months to get to the point when I can do that.

Edit: Thanks to Professor Flanker for correcting my grammar.

To reply Flanker's post: (I had prepared a post except I lost it twice during thunderstorm. So, I'm making it short and simple.)
Quote:
I do not mean to mock but surely being a certified programmer one should have reputable experience in the minor field of spell checking.

I'm only a hobby programmer whose rather lift the limitation on certain software such as Halo. So, excuse my written English since it's not really my primary language. (Which is a different reason for this...)
Edited by RadWolfie on May 28, 2016 at 09:12 PM

Dennis - Yeah, that's right.

I made a release for generic legacy applications to bypass virtual store directory. It's been tested on Windows 7 and verified. This way it will output an error as expected if a user does not have write permission to program's directory which then can be perform as Dennis's post above to resolve the next step of permission issue. It is currently on Github under "No VirtualStore Enforce Please" You do not need to re-compile it yourself, I have tagged a release version which include compiled version. Cheers!

P.S. You can use Windows XP to make a patch too. It may not work as expect since it's not design to run a patched application on Windows XP.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Change the permissions on the Halo Custom Edition (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition) folder to allow Users to have full control.

This should work, I think. I'm not 100% sure if setting my own account (instead of Users) as full control worked correctly. I'll need to re-check it again sometime later.

I had mentioned it before, every legacy executable files without a manifest file containing this part causes VirtualStore directory to be enforced when UAC is enable.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<security>
<requestedPrivileges>
<requestedExecutionLevel
level="asInvoker"
uiAccess="false"/>
</requestedPrivileges>
</security>
</trustInfo>
</assembly>

I may will create an app which will allow you to drop any executable file in it to remove the virtualization enforcement by adding manifest section into the executable file. It's really simple to do, even Windows' API does provide support for it.

My program I'm developing supports Windows XP as the lowest OS compatible since there are some kernel functions I do require to use. As for .NET Framework, I would say minimum 3.0 or 3.5 version as suggestive.

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
DirectX version: 8.1

Wait what? No... It use DirectX 9.0. Halo installed DirectX 9.0b however you can update to 9.0c since it's the latest one. Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/829479

Halo CE General Discussion » Activities Apr 15, 2016 07:15 PM (Total replies: 50)

Pretty much all of Add-on API header files. Inside testing branch, you can see C and D folders are pretty much fully developed except for tag headers which are found in HEK's files including inside the map files. You will not see CSharp folder just yet due to being worked on and testing each one to make sure nothing failed. I had figured out a way to avoid few extra code lines for C to managed C# struct which can be found at opencarnage's forum.

(If OP request the link to be remove, please pm me then I'll have it remove.)

--

I wonder if Samuco has released it to public or provide source code, this would be interesting to learn from. Although, I think I get the idea base on DX9 -> DX10 compatiable since several games support DX9, DX10, and even DX11 by Crysis game series.

Have you tried "Prt Scr", or in different name, key? It should work with any games except for developers doesn't want screenshots support in their game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Activities Apr 15, 2016 12:58 PM (Total replies: 50)

So far, been working on C# coding support for API usage. It takes a lot of time to do this and understanding how many things has gone wrong to fix the API several times. (Not off topic, it is relative to Halo.)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » What makes a flag, well, a flag? Jan 28, 2016 01:17 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
The globals tag lets you pick what the flag and ball are. Pretty sure you can make it anything and it will work as a flag.

This, plus using a custom flag or ball may will cause issue with CTF and oddball if you are using same tag as a weapon to be (re)spawn in the map. Bungie/Gearbox didn't make a patch for this issue, even recent 1.10 patch. I, on other hand, am able to notice which object/tag is being used as an game usage such as CTF and oddball of course. In a third-party application there's a fix on server-side issue for it. Hope this is also helpful info.

Halo CE General Discussion » Can someone gimme a tags folder? Jan 28, 2016 01:07 PM (Total replies: 18)

Don't want to re-install HEK to obtain the stock tags, data, including HEK_Tutorial folder? No problemo, just go through these steps if you still have the HEK installer file on your computer. Only thing you will need 7Zip program, which is free, in order for it to work.

• Right-click your HEK installer file.

• Click on 7zip --> "Open Archive" context menu.

• Be patience whilst 7zip is reading the structure inside of it.

• Hover a folder such as tags, then click & hold the mouse.

• Drag it to a explorer or desktop you want to copy the folder to.

• Volia, your accidental deletion on original folder(s) are recovered!

This should be very useful for others who accidentally delete their original folders in halo directory.

P.S. This will work on Halo CE & PC installer if you need to get the stock maps, etc as well.

Cheers

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Dec 17, 2015 12:53 PM (Total replies: 403)

To be frank with you.... those bricks screenshot you did looks so realistic. I cannot tell if it's using tessellation or not. (Yes I know tessellation isn't featured in DX9). I never thought the window bars will not have much visual issue for the store you made awhile ago. Keep up the good work!

Time: Tue November 12, 2019 5:32 PM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website