A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sonne2
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 4, 2014 01:31 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I am a boss, >:D

Post Statistics
Sonne2 has contributed to 6 posts out of 465493 total posts (0.00%) in 2,342 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Building a kick ass PC from scratch! Jan 4, 2014 01:31 AM (Total replies: 52)

I'm beginning to find this post very motivating >:p, wish you good luck in your endeavors!

thanks

I'll try using that then

-_-

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Building a kick ass PC from scratch! Dec 27, 2013 07:55 PM (Total replies: 52)

.... pwned

It's Sonne2 from MODDB.

Halo Custom Edition B30 - Silent Cartographer pelican underwater and buggy pelicans that don't let you out! D:

Ok everyone, I found out the REAL solution to the underwater pelican that doesn't drop you off and early dialog problem in b30 - silent cartographer, if you extracted the tags in hekplus from any level, recompiled it with overwrite and encounter wierd bugs such as one of the beginning cutscene pelicans flying underwater and crashing into a rock, the problem is that hekplus wrongfully extracted the tags and overwrote the default working tags, therefore many tags in your tags folder have been corrupt by HEKplus.

SOLUTION, redownload the default WORKING tags,

1. go download HEK Setup from this site, http://halo2.filefront.com/file/Halo_Editing_Kit;25780

2. before you run the setup, rename the halo custom edition folder to halo custom edition1, (you must do this or it will ask you to play\uninstall halo ce besides installing HEK)

3.run the setup

4.before you click install, rename the halo custom edition1 folder back to halo custom edition. (so it wont say that it isn't there)

4a. rename your "corrupt" tags folder in the halo custom edition directory to tags1 (to backup any tags you really want to keep)(or you could just overwrite all the corrupted tags with HEK setup tags)

5.Now click install.( this setup will install fresh working tags ready to edit)

6. edit a single player map scenario with kornman tool. compile and test, and Jehosofat! make a backup of the default tags so you won't have to do this again O_o

7. thats all! >:D, I've searched for this solution for the past week, and I'm just putting this up there to save people the trouble of having to deal with editing a map, going through the trouble of compiling it, and then seeing it fail on them :|. This is too simple, but many people have been encountering this problem without it being fully solved so yeah, this is for you single player modders out there. >:D, delete your corrupted tags folder and replace it with default HEK setup tags NOW!

Sonne2 out
Edited by Sonne2 on Dec 27, 2013 at 07:53 PM

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website