A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: _Btcc22_
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 27, 2014 08:19 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
_Btcc22_ has contributed to 20 posts out of 468153 total posts (0.00%) in 1,879 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Feb 19, 2014 04:48 PM (Total replies: 206)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/ It's relatively easy if you have some experience in html, batch or something basic like that.

http://www.coolmath4kids.com/addition/

Without trying to be harsh, it just reinforces my point when you post such a response after claiming that you can't automate texture extraction because you don't know enough about the subject to pull it off.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Feb 19, 2014 03:54 PM (Total replies: 206)

My main gripe is that making such a sweeping statement gives a false impression of/undervalues the amount of work that goes into producing the tools and programs used by the community, especially when the work involved requires broader skills than just programming.

It's akin to saying that maths is easy because you've just learnt addition, or that physics is easy because you can calculate mass. 12-year-olds can do those things too but it doesn't make the subjects 'easy'.
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Feb 19, 2014 at 03:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Feb 19, 2014 03:04 PM (Total replies: 206)

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
Programming is quite easy, PHP, Java, Python, HTML, C#, C++ and Perl are relatively easy to learn, even a 12 year old can learn now a days with the internet, no University/higher education needed >.>

Generally speaking, people who makes claims like this can't program or vastly overestimate their abilities. ;)
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Feb 19, 2014 at 03:05 PM

Neither of you are understanding that there's a difference between being able to run an Xbox 360 game that has been ported to x86 versus emulating the game, as is, in software. It's an entirely different beast.

Current PC hardware is simply not powerful enough to emulate the Xbox 360 using typical software emulation techniques.

Even if somebody developed a fully functional emulator, it wouldn't run come close to running at acceptable speeds.
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Feb 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Jorge's Turret Feb 18, 2014 11:44 AM (Total replies: 72)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: _Btcc22_
Rushed despite having plenty of development time.

There were legitimate reasons for that.

Like not having a clear goal for the game and switching genres. If they didn't have the pressure, they likely never would have finished the game.
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Feb 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Jorge's Turret Feb 17, 2014 07:17 PM (Total replies: 72)

Rushed despite having plenty of development time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 11, 2014 08:28 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Quote: --- Original message by: xnxx

Sounds like a good game but the pressing matter is: How tall are you?

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for old CE map Feb 11, 2014 04:03 AM (Total replies: 5)

The map you're looking for is most likely hog_track. It's included as part of this tutorial.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 10, 2014 02:22 PM (Total replies: 11475)

They already owned the franchise.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 10, 2014 12:55 PM (Total replies: 11475)

I've never understood the notion that all Forerunner architecture has to be homogeneous.

Halo 4's architecture deviates somewhat from the previous games but it retains enough of the defining characteristics to be easily recognisable as Forerunner.

I'd point out that our own architecture varies depending on the period and civilisation but I suppose there's no point getting too deep into it.
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Feb 10, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition Help Feb 7, 2014 10:14 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: SK CRISIS
So what I'm asking is, is there another program or patch that only fixes the stretching problem of the HUD?

Afraid not.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 08:55 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: MantisGuy
Can this be changed?

Yes. If you add -path to your Halo shortcut and give it a new folder, it'll put the maps there instead.

For example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe" -path "I:\Halo\Halo CE"

On another note, OS doesn't play nicely with HAC's map downloading at the moment (next update). You can get around the launch problem by running Halo as admin but you'll still have the issue when trying to play a map that's just been downloaded.
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Feb 7, 2014 at 08:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Double poly limit problem HAC Jan 31, 2014 09:18 PM (Total replies: 17)

Apparently not, although I can't really be blamed for not being aware of it when it's an entirely undocumented option that requires the user to edit an XML file. I doubt anybody has it enabled.

Halo CE General Discussion » Double poly limit problem HAC Jan 31, 2014 08:47 PM (Total replies: 17)

Halo CE General Discussion » Double poly limit problem HAC Jan 31, 2014 08:19 PM (Total replies: 17)

It only works if you're using patch 1.09 at the moment, although the next update will make it available for all versions. It does however work for existing maps - there aren't any special HAC maps.

I wasn't aware of OS having a poly limit upgrade. If it does, it doesn't work on existing maps.

Edit: I'd double check that you're actually using the official 1.09 patch.
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Jan 31, 2014 at 08:51 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New HAC2 update Jan 5, 2014 02:33 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
F9 dosen't work for me, same with the "widescreen fix". I downloaded the latest download from the website.

You've probably got an old file in your Halo directory. Look for "hac.dll" in your HPC/HCE directory and delete it.

Halo CE General Discussion » New HAC2 update Jan 5, 2014 08:03 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
The new update ruined any compability that it had with OS sadly. It really is one or the other now.

Why? You can turn the HUD scaling off in either OS or HAC 2.

HAC 2 has support for custom maps in HPC. That'll sort any problems out.
Edited by _Btcc22_ on Dec 30, 2013 at 02:53 PM

Time: Wed February 20, 2019 11:41 AM 687 ms.
A Halo Maps Website