A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MantisGuy
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 7, 2014 10:51 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
MantisGuy has contributed to 7 posts out of 469156 total posts (0.00%) in 1,992 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 10:51 PM (Total replies: 14)

Okay, thanks for the help and I'll try it out tomorrow. I assume I can uninstall OS with the installer in the zip file. Will try tomorrow as I don't think there's a point currently in installing OS as it's causing more harm than good. (There aren't many OS maps anyway, as cool as it looks.)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 05:47 PM (Total replies: 14)

Done those steps and downloaded Coldsnap. Fatal Error, can't execute HCE again unless I delete Coldsnap.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 01:00 PM (Total replies: 14)

Can this be changed? I can only download a limited amount of maps with this. It's probably possible to transfer them to the normal maps folder on my hard drive, but for the sake of convenience, if anybody knows that would help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 11:48 AM (Total replies: 14)

On the C drive? It has to be on the "I" drive, my Games partition on a hard drive. C is an SSD used for system data. I can't find that map but I'll try a full search later. Maybe it didn't actually save the map due to the crash. By the way, getting a map pack might be useful for map hosting rather than playing. If you don't have the map, how can you host it? Downloading on here is good and I appreciate the site but it's also very time consuming doing so, even with the good maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 11:20 AM (Total replies: 14)

Hmmm... I already installed OpenSauce but I get a Fatal Error on

_sandtrap.yelo. Yeah, I get around 800kbps. Must be because I'm from England. Pretty good though.

...oookay, the tags are totally messed up on this old forum software. ;)
Edited by MantisGuy on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Edit: Also, I can't relaunch it now and I can't find the map in the maps folder.
Edited by MantisGuy on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 11:10 AM (Total replies: 14)

I had no idea. That's pretty good. Still, a torrent is a good idea because by the time it has downloaded, players might have left.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 11:03 AM (Total replies: 14)

I have over 220 maps downloaded (got most of them from a torrent) and frankly, that is not enough. There is a very small amount of players who play custom maps on Halo: Custom Edition. Sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out by not owning many of the maps. It's been a long time and I can't remember whether the maps display in the server list if you don't already have them.

So, are there any packs I can download anywhere? I can't be bothered downloading each one individually. I'm sure those of you with huge collections would feel the same way. Discussing torrents is not against the law (like many admins think it is) if the torrents have legal content. So if anybody would be willing to work with me to get them into a torrent, I'd be happy for them to stop seeding and for me to seed indefinitely, because I have a seedbox and I'm able to do that. Anybody would be able to download the whole collection if they wish.

It used to be a problem for me that it would take a long time to process and view a large amount of maps when HCE starts. Now I'm on a fast PC, it takes seconds with 220 maps. I don't know if many people still have this problem? Regardless, they could use the map manager to disable some maps.

Your thoughts please.

Time: Mon July 22, 2019 5:39 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website