A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: abaddon7
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 10, 2014 10:12 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
abaddon7 has contributed to 4 posts out of 469450 total posts (0.00%) in 2,105 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » obj export/import problem Mar 10, 2014 10:12 PM (Total replies: 4)

Wow this is so helpful! A clear visual guide! I will be cautious next time. Thanks again!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » obj export/import problem Mar 10, 2014 11:32 AM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks a ton man! You just resurrected back the interest in me!
That evil little edge! I only modeled that portion to satisfy the general modeling rule of "all quads" in maya! Now this sort of problem is real scary!
Maya doesnt show triangle edges like this one in max afaik. How did you find this edge!? Tool went crazy and told me to go find various #numbered edges

How can i avoid these problems in future?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » obj export/import problem Mar 10, 2014 09:46 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hey guys ive tried a lot to find what could possibly be wrong working in a maya to max workflow with a simple obj file. All the sealed world rules are satisfied and still tool trolls me with open edge and degenerate triangles errors! Please help...

I have attached the obj and max files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6yMUcjAM2luUU1TOU5hNHpZRnM/edit?usp=sharing
(Click File > Download or press Ctrl + S to download the files)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » The strange sealed world rule Feb 9, 2014 12:20 AM (Total replies: 5)

Hi, im a beginner making my first map with the help of various tutorials, especially the official Halo editing resource. I had got into level design in id Tech 3 engine for the game tremulous. Im really happy that halo ce mapping allows for arbitrary modeling.
However the thing that causes a roadblock for me is the strange sealed world rule that whatever bases you make must be attached to ground/the world level box. This is so weird in design and complicated to achieve.

• I know that there are tutorials on attaching the base to ground but why is this necessary? Is there a way of compiling bases without attaching them?

• If you dont need a hill like terrain which needs tessellation of the ground, dont you think this adds a lot of unnecessary poly count?

• What about bases which float in air or are never in contact with the ground?

Trying to attach base gives me either of these errors in tool:
### WARNING found # degenerate triangles
### ERROR edge # is open (red)
I have tried in different ways and yet this big problem has put me off in my progress. Please help me to learn and overcome these doubts.

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 3:53 AM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website