A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jobalisk
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
Interests: Halo (obviously) Anime/manga, W40K, programing and hardware, food. Japan. computers, gaming. ect...
Your Age:
What Games do you play: to many to count
The haiku master。

Post Statistics
Jobalisk has contributed to 680 posts out of 463673 total posts (.15%) in 1,260 days (.54 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Today is Net Neutrality Day Yesterday @ 08:55 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
You know you picked the right forum to hook with when community memes are this savage'n'spicy.

When you come onto the forum and have to work out if its a debate or curry resteraunt.

Not too hard. You simply make a custom actor variant that has the biped for Sergent Johnson as the biped selected. Make sure that its major variant is also the Sergent Johnson biped as well, that will work fine.

Sorry, when I say custom what I mean is make a copy of the marine_assult.actorvariant or whatever its called and rename it Sgt_Johnson_assult.actorvariant or whatever, then change the bipeds.
Edited by Jobalisk on Jul 16, 2017 at 03:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Today is Net Neutrality Day Jul 16, 2017 03:49 PM (Total replies: 33)

The issue with people on the internet these days is they are too quick to put the 'retard' label on people who don't understand things, I mean really you guys, not everyone on this forum is an IT expert. If you don't explain things properly in simple words then people are going to get things wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » Today is Net Neutrality Day Jul 16, 2017 03:46 AM (Total replies: 33)

The issue here is the same issue that's caused many of the worlds problems. Large usually American International Business which only care about profit want to destroy your freedoms to make more money. The worst bit is. 90% of the planet, i.e., those who don't live in the US like me and many of the other people on this forum cannot even appose this because we have no say over what happens in the US government, and yet we still have to suffer the consequences.

Let me explain things simply.

Currently you have access to everything on the internet. This is because the internet is not owned by anyone, its a public resource. Currently ISP providers can only charge you rates for using there infrastructure, their servers, ect to get onto the internet. However they cannot limit you to what you can access. Now you may be thinking "I've seen websites I can't access in my country!" True, but thats because the website owners, not your ISP can choose who accesses their website.

Now thats all because of this thing called "Net Neutrality"

However, if this is removed what happens is suddenly ISP providers can charge premiums. They can give you access to only certain websites ect and you have to pay to access everything. Maybe accessing this site may cost you an extra $5 a month or something. They can also give different internet speeds to people who pay different amounts of money. So maybe they will release a pack called 'fast Facebook' or whatever, get the drift? This is what happens if the internet suddenly becomes a 'commodity', something that can be bought or sold.

Naturally this is pretty stink. This is why Net Neutrality is so important. Because otherwise we slip even further than we already have into the clutches of big multi-national businesses.

Hope this clears things up. Theres a saying "if you can't explain things simply then you don't know your subject well enough." I've got a postgrad in international studies and a bachelor in computing so I'd hope I understand this at least.
Edited by Jobalisk on Jul 16, 2017 at 03:59 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Next HMU Jul 8, 2017 12:00 AM (Total replies: 4)

lol ok. Fake news then.

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jul 7, 2017 11:41 PM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral
Once you enter halomaps you can't actually leave.

Wow. It's true you know. I've tried to leave many times. The exit door is actually just a badly painted picture on a brick wall.
Edited by Jobalisk on Jul 7, 2017 at 11:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Next HMU Jul 7, 2017 11:39 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hey Matt Dratt and everyone else. I saw a while back that you were going to release a new HMU video. I understand one of your colleagues died recently. Are you still planning on going through with it and if so do you have a vague (like, sometime in September or whatever) release date?

Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. Jun 4, 2017 10:48 PM (Total replies: 33)

I disagree. The entertainment value of this thread is world class

Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. Jun 2, 2017 11:26 PM (Total replies: 33)

Well that escalated quickly...

Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. May 22, 2017 05:58 PM (Total replies: 33)

I was right. This thread is a gold mine.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. May 21, 2017 09:43 PM (Total replies: 33)

Best comment your've read on this forum anyone, heres mine so far (Its a haiku by not giraffe)

inadequate in
recognizing jokes you seem,
young haiku master

(Make sure to name who commented it)
Edited by Jobalisk on May 21, 2017 at 09:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Where to find an install key these days? May 21, 2017 09:35 PM (Total replies: 9)

Until very recently you could buy it on the Microsoft store if you were in America. For those of us who aren't (And don't want to be either), I bought mine off amazon for like $20 including postage.

Halo CE General Discussion » Introducing a new map team! May 16, 2017 11:54 PM (Total replies: 7)

Why are there so many blood gulch mods? Since when is a team 1 person? I be skeptical.

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 4/2/17 - We're finally back May 16, 2017 11:51 PM (Total replies: 22)

yay, I just looked on the forums to see when the next one was. looking forward to it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition on Mac May 14, 2017 10:06 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Seems like a pain to deal with Wine and all that... Just download HaloMD for free and play with all the other Mac Halo players like me.

And if they want to play with people who aren't on macs? Or if they want to play SPV3?

Didn't Jobalisk mention he couldn't get OpenSauce to work using his method? As far as SPV3 is concerned it seems like the only way to play that is through PC unless someone special figures out a way to get it working on Mac... hasn't been discussed much in the Halo Mac community recently.

Do custom Single Player maps and the like even work on haloMD? Not that it matters, I'm currently configuring Wine to run SWTOR so I'm gonna redo HaloCE again in wine rather than wineskin in a moment anyway which should let me use OS.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition on Mac May 13, 2017 11:08 PM (Total replies: 10)

Microsoft Hates Him!

Find out how this guy managed to get Halo Custom Edition working on a mac with one simple trick!

Seriously though, I did get it working, wasn't simple though. Its got the latest patch installed too, but for some reason I couldn't get it to run Open Sauce. Still, Halo Ce with the 1.10 patch is pretty good. (Oh yeah, it has to run in windowed) As for specs wise. I'm still waiting for my new RAM to arrive so for now its running fine on a 2010 Macbook with a core 2 Duo (pretty sucky, but hey, it was free) with 2 Gig of RAM, 1TB of HDD and a 256mb graphics card. So low specs are fine.

What I had to do is run a winery wineskin with the 2.6 release on it to install. I had to copy a DLL, mfc42.dll into the sys32 folder before installation. Then after it has installed and I'd patched it, I switched engines to 1.1.19 I think it was in order to run the game. Also, it has to be set to -window in the exe extensions. Of course, the size of the window is changed by your resolution in game so its fine for the most part.

Here's some pics:

Edited by Jobalisk on May 13, 2017 at 11:12 PM
Edited by Jobalisk on May 13, 2017 at 11:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 24, 2017 03:13 PM (Total replies: 11)

Sorry, NZ time, I was asleep. it's been up for like 10 hours now.

BTW, here's a hint. The first bsp's second wraith is drive-able. Remember this is semi-open world so some stuff you need to discover for yourself.

EDIT

Slight issue with the nav-points. I've fixed it and re-uploaded.

This should be the final version now, I don't think there's really much else I need to change.
Edited by Jobalisk on Apr 24, 2017 at 05:47 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 24, 2017 03:00 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
Was alright on the section where you're making those jumps in the hog down towards the bottom I'd suggest some nav points because after following three straight jumps the 4th one off center and I died due to this.

Another oddity is that after the initial room you're put in the room with hunters at the bottom of what looks like a cargo elevator. I got down there, got teleported to another segment and then after that segment teleported back to that room now without the hunters before it teleported me to the next segment after that.

Also at the start you can melee the doors on the ship open and toss nades down at the wraith to soften it and the other covenant below.

Yeah that door thing was in purpose. The second section that you get teleported to is a different part of the map. It just looks the same because I wanted to make it look like a template. There's a sentinel beam hidden there and also a gravity rifle I think maybe. The final part with the warthog is do able. I've finished it 3 times. You just need to be fast and ignore the enemies. Glad to hear your enjoying it!

I'll consider putting that nav point in it.

Edit

Ok, I've added the nab-points as well as a couple of other minor changes. I've also increased the timer slightly for the escape. Not by much, as I know it's do able already and I think adding too much extra time would take away from the feel of it.

Just I point out, the storyline is that to begin with you have minimal resources at your disposal. This means that depending on the difficulty settings the amount of marines available is relatively small.

I should have the new version uploaded within the next couple of hours, just use the same link as before at the top of this thread to access it.
Edited by Jobalisk on Apr 24, 2017 at 04:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » This program cannot be run in DOS mode. Apr 20, 2017 11:48 PM (Total replies: 1)

The people in white coats are here for you Sparky, why not hop in their comfy van and take a magical journey to your very own spacious room with padded walls.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 20, 2017 01:29 PM (Total replies: 11)

As I said above, scaling issue with Open sauce, disable ui scaling in the os menu to fix it.

Just made a couple of minor changes I thought up in bed last night, nothing major, just an additional health pack at in the final BSP and changing when the game saves a check point at the pelican assault section so that it saves while your in the air not when you land. Also updated the Read Me with some more info. The link I posted before will download the new version now.

Edited by Jobalisk on Apr 20, 2017 at 02:39 PM

Time: Fri July 21, 2017 6:45 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website