A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MyHogs
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 1, 2014 03:29 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
MyHogs has contributed to 20 posts out of 464918 total posts (0.00%) in 2,338 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Jul 1, 2014 03:29 AM (Total replies: 1869)

A couple of things.

- Can you possibly make the mines colored? Like, blue mines and red mines for the teams and yellow mines (would be cool if it could be done based on the players color) for the FFA Style Games? In team games, if I'm going around and taking out enemy mines, I want to obviously not shoot my own team's mines, but it's kind of hard to distinguish whose mine is whose.

- Bug: The Falcon can now apparently be jammed in a space between the landing pad and the elevator. It is possible to unjam it by ramming into it with a hog... but is there anything that can be done about this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Cdkey. Apr 25, 2014 12:58 AM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Naw, I mean there was a guy who was buying boxed copies and just selling the keys. You weren't a fan iirc.
He was in direct legal conflict with the copyright and licensing. I don't extend fandom to someone conducting an illegal practice. Quite the opposite.

False.

Intellectual property owners are guaranteed profit and certain rights from the first sale only. After the first sale, a consumer is allowed to resell without the authorization of the copyright holder. See the first-sale doctrine and 17 U.S.C 109.
Edited by MyHogs on Apr 25, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Edited by MyHogs on Apr 25, 2014 at 12:59 AM

We'd lose HAC2/SAPP/OS/etc because Steam games are based off of SteamPipe, and has its own way of integrating mods. HAC2 would... possibly... set off VAC, and the servers would become SourceMod (hope you guys all know how to program!).

I have a bad feeling about this.

Quote: Not to mention the fact that everybody is going to have to shell out $20+, and we'll lose SAPP, Phasor, H-Ext, HAC2, etc.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
April fools, this happened a year ago...

Yeah, you might be right. Now, excuse me while I go play Halo Trial...

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
BUT I HAZ LEGIT COPY WHAT I DO.

Nothing you can do. Your legit copy will mean nothing, and you will be on the same level as those that do not have a legitimite copy.

You will not be able to host online games from within the actual game, you will not be able to join a server unless it is modded with a No CD Check modification, etc.

I'm really curious to see if this is going to break the installer as well, though.

You guys are forgetting something else. GameSpy handles the CD Keys as well.

http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/pricing/

^ lol... actually, by mistake, I did ban a =DG= leader twice in a =DG= server, because I didn't know that they were testing an idea for a new server. Although, in my defense, he was using an undercover name...

I mostly get banned for being that guy and making it night in hugeass. And I've gotten some bs teamkill bans before (who hasn't). One of them, I was shooting at a teammate on Yoyorast to let me into a hog, but he decided to jump right off of one of the roadways in the air. And guess who the server decided to blame for it. (The admin saw the chat and decided to ban me off the bat. Despite the fact that FF was off.)

And actually... this story's kind of funny... speaking of Coldsnap and =DG=, one time the admin that would always ban people for tks decided to go into my longsword, and jump into the gunner seat. First of all, never get in the gunner seat of a longsword that I'm flying, unless I give you permission to. Never. Anyways, I had a few other players in it as well, so... he decided to drop a nuke by the bridge. I followed it... and of course... he got banned for betraying. I'm not sure when everyone laughed harder (we were all in TeamSpeak)... when he got banned, or when he had banned me after I had unbanned him. :P
Edited by MyHogs on Mar 4, 2014 at 06:05 PM
Edited by MyHogs on Mar 4, 2014 at 06:06 PM
Edited by MyHogs on Mar 4, 2014 at 06:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Anniversary Maps Mar 4, 2014 05:20 PM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
This is how I got in the mapping... trying to remake something. After that, I realized why so much hate to rippers and "[HR-H4-HCEA-H3-HCE][MAPPERTEAM]MAPNAME_GULCH_v2.1.3.4.6.2.1.5.42424.1" maps...

You know, all of the people in this thread saying that they don't like map ripping/hate map rippers have yet to explain why, instead of just stating that fact.

I have yet to see one ripped map from HCEA, which is why I made this thread.

Also... the suggestion about textures... please read the thread. It's already been stated that the maps are NOT the same. There's been added caves/walkways/platforms/etc. And if that's the case... using textures instead of maps... then I guess that there's really no need to have seperate tags for things like golden weapons, or painted powerups, or other things like that, when they can just be downloaded as textures and used wherever you want to use them.

Sorry, but I don't get why we can have x number of Blood Gulch remakes, but seemingly, everyone loses it at the suggestion of porting a HCEA map to HCE.

Halo CE General Discussion » Anniversary Maps Mar 2, 2014 11:16 PM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
of the remakes, timberland's was bull because it was scaled down, damnation never had rocks, eff you too 343i, and headlong wasn't in H1 so... yeah. but i would love to see beavercreek, prisoner, and hang em high's remakes. (@jesse, @killzone64, @mootjuh, @thros, dreamteam? hmm yes hmm... wink wink nudge nudge.)

Timberland/Ridgeline - But look at those graphics, though... that map is sexy.

Damnation/Pennance - Yeah, that's true. But I'll tell you what, it does look cool with them. You have to admit that.

Headlong - Ok, ok... you got me there. lol Still a cool map, though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Anniversary Maps Mar 2, 2014 11:09 PM (Total replies: 40)

What P3 said, plus, the remakes have new features added to the maps as well.

Read those wiki pages. Some really cool things in the map remakes.

So... to keep with the cake comparison, don't forget that your adding new layers and more icing to the cake.

Also, don't think of it as remaking the remake. It's more like porting the remake to Halo CE.

Edited by MyHogs on Mar 2, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Edited by MyHogs on Mar 2, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Anniversary Maps Mar 2, 2014 10:32 PM (Total replies: 40)

Funny. Very funny, wise ones.

The maps that I posted were the remakes that were done for Halo Anniversary Edition. Anniversary Edition wasn't released for the PC... I'm saying that it would be nice seeing the Anniversary Edition maps ported to Halo CE with the same textures/models/etc. Kind of like people do for some of the maps in other versions of Halo.

Does it make more sense now?

EDIT: Forgot a map.

Installation 04 (Firefight):

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_04_(Firefight_map)

Edited by MyHogs on Mar 2, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Edited by MyHogs on Mar 2, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Anniversary Maps Mar 2, 2014 09:24 PM (Total replies: 40)

Has anyone ported the maps from CE Anniversary to Custom Edition yet? Or is anyone working on it? It'd be kind of neat to have them in Custom Edition. For those of you who haven't seen them yet...

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Canyon (Beaver Creek Remake)
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/High_Noon (Hang 'Em High Remake)
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Penance_(multiplayer_map) (Damnation Remake)
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Ridgeline (Timberland Remake)
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Solitary (Prisoner Remake)
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Breakneck (Headlong Remake)

Edited by MyHogs on Mar 2, 2014 at 09:27 PM
Edited by MyHogs on Mar 2, 2014 at 09:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 20, 2014 08:22 PM (Total replies: 1869)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter

Edited by Dennis on Feb 22, 2014 at 01:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Important question please help. Feb 20, 2014 01:11 AM (Total replies: 4)

Trying CE -> PC didn't work. If the PC Server has SAPP installed, then you can connect to it, but it will boot you out as soon as you join by saying "Network Connection Lost." I'm assuming that PC -> CE would likely do the same thing, but it would never hurt to try.

You'd either need a version changer, or you would need to know the IP Address and port of the server you are running.

And I don't think that LAN Matches need different CD Keys (Either set sv_public to 0, or just Create a LAN Game), but I could be wrong about that one. Not sure.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 16, 2014 06:21 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: MyHogs
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Just because meters are there, doesn't mean that they actually work. Those vehicles are indestructible and meters always show full health.

But... you could manipulate it to show the vehicle health. All those meters are doing is reading a varaible. Just configure them to show the proper variable. And obviously, you can make them disappear/appear on vehicle enter and exit... I'm sure that it's very possible. You'll figure it out, it'll just take a bit of digging around. There's been far more complex things done on maps.

None of the clients pass collision model data to one another, the meters won't work.

Use the same logic that the players health bar uses. In Guerilla, when you're doing custom HUD's, you set them up to read the health and shield variables of a player. So all you need to do is, in the vehicle's HUD, add a new meter that follows the same logic that the players shield meter does, but rather than having it read the players shield value, have it read the shield value of the vehicle that the player is currently in.

I'll look at some other maps that do vehicle damage as well to try and find something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 16, 2014 02:57 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Just because meters are there, doesn't mean that they actually work. Those vehicles are indestructible and meters always show full health.

But... you could manipulate it to show the vehicle health. All those meters are doing is reading a varaible. Just configure them to show the proper variable. And obviously, you can make them disappear/appear on vehicle enter and exit... I'm sure that it's very possible. You'll figure it out, it'll just take a bit of digging around. There's been far more complex things done on maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 16, 2014 02:15 PM (Total replies: 1869)

As I said, bases were edited. Now warthogs don't get stuck there. I can't really add more scenery so no moar trees. And extinction doesn't even have destroyable vehicles.

1) Awesome, thanks. Much needed. :)

2) Damn, no more trees... ah well. I understand.

3) Check out the Wraith and the Ghost on Extinction.

https://imageshack.com/i/13ukbqj (Top Left)
https://imageshack.com/i/mr2bnij (Top Right)
Edited by MyHogs on Feb 16, 2014 at 02:15 PM
Edited by MyHogs on Feb 16, 2014 at 02:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Feb 16, 2014 01:59 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Would it be possible to add something to block vehicles from jamming the door ways? Maybe like putting these in front of them?

http://www.productgiant.com/images/669.jpg

Just so that the hogs and mongooses can't jam inside of them, but the players can still get out.

Also... it would be nice to see maybe some denser wooded areas to sneak through, and maybe some homing SAMs (shooting one rocket at a time, and of course, that need to be operated byh a player) on the roof of the bases for Falcon defense.

Two more points...

I really like that cave system throughout the map idea, and the tunnel system in bases idea (maybe they could lead to the binoculars area as well for when you're getting spawn camped by a Scorpion...). Also, displaying vehicle damage IS possible... I'm pretty sure that Extinction does it.
Edited by MyHogs on Feb 16, 2014 at 02:00 PM
Edited by MyHogs on Feb 16, 2014 at 02:00 PM
Edited by MyHogs on Feb 16, 2014 at 02:01 PM

Time: Sat July 11, 2020 2:58 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website