A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Calibyrnes
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 19, 2014 09:59 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4. Dead Space, Assassins Creed Series
Through the portal a familiar shape awaits.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Calibyrnes has contributed to 14 posts out of 469513 total posts (0.00%) in 2,112 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 Vista online still available Mar 19, 2014 09:59 AM (Total replies: 15)

Servers are still up?? I played yesterday. What's happening? I really hope Halo 2 doesn't shut down, Its too much fun :D finally got back into it. Anyone know if private servers will be usable after the shutdown? ( if it ever shuts down :P )

Though GFWL is supposedly shutting down soon so would it migrate or just shut off?
Edited by Calibyrnes on Mar 19, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Mar 6, 2014 05:11 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Hey I'm not complaining hugely, though I am a fan of Bigass more than the others. I've been on the server quite a lot recently, wondering through bigass alone, its a little bit sad :P Want to organise an group of friends and have a giant battle on there though soon :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Mar 6, 2014 04:09 PM (Total replies: 1869)

I can vouch for it too, Saw h3 Coagulation on there

I guess I'll edit it myself then with the HEK when I have more time. Wish there was a way to use some elemnts from The anniversary texmod without booting in 720 through texmod each time :'(

( Also the Maker of the texture pack seems to imply that its a HD remaster pack, yet all the textures are the same resolution as the standard ones. A bit contradictory unless I'm missing something ?) Thanks!
Edited by Calibyrnes on Mar 4, 2014 at 09:04 PM

Edit: Will try the custom bitmaps file too when I have a bit of time. Thank you :)
Edited by Calibyrnes on Mar 4, 2014 at 09:06 PM

Thanks all! Seen the anniversary texmod before but never tried it. looks really good. Downloading it now. Will try edit the UI.map files when I have a chance. Thanks!

Edit: The main problem with texmod is I dont want to run it each time I start the game, its a hassle. Also I've been playing in 1080p using the -Vidmode command on the Halo Shortcut, I cant do that with texmod and its just too much of a jump down after looking so smooth. Most of the things in the anniversary mod look great (with the exeption of the spacve/stars shown in the opening scene, Its got some weird misty stuff going on, plus has a realy gross looking red/orange/yellow cluster of stars which doesn't fit in at all :/) with fantastic weapon textures (LOVE the AR <3 ) and new environment textures, epecially the new HALO skybox texture, looks fantastic. But cutting down to 720 hurts, 1080 looks soooo smooth, and 720... doesnt :( Also the loading screen image is still 800x600 but does look better I agree.
Edited by Calibyrnes on Mar 4, 2014 at 03:57 PM

Thanks Masters. I'm new to this, so do I need to to edit the UI.map and replace a Bitmap image with custom one? Does your bitmaps.map allow for a high res image then?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Coop with Open Sauce? Is it possible? Mar 3, 2014 07:12 AM (Total replies: 16)

Awesome, haven't seen much smoke in ce maps, is it a bit spec hungry? I can imagine framerate taking a hit with a lot of smoke, guess that's true with too much of anything.

The default one is res'd and really gross. I understand that half of it is up to the map, what is the other half from? The ui.map file? Really getting sick of that pixelated, low res halo ring

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Mar 2, 2014 04:28 PM (Total replies: 1869)

Been playing it all week and have to say, loving it, despite a few visual glitches ,which make sense, its beta (though HAC seems to make no difference in terms of the ground dissapearing for me :/ ) , it's easily the most fun I've had in CE is a long time, the design and attention to detail mad me smile and make halo fanboy noises quite a lot. (Notes: Falcon works great, don't know what people are whining about. The mongoose is so far the only one I've encountered without wonky physics, works very well. If I have just one suggestion it would be a dmr or br variant, feel like theres very few mid range weapons, but thats just a personal play style thing) Very happy to have found this project keep it up @altis94 and co.

Side note, Really love the dedicated server too, saves me from scanning the lobby, keeping fingers crossed that someone by chance is playing the map :P
Edited by Calibyrnes on Mar 2, 2014 at 05:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Coop with Open Sauce? Is it possible? Mar 2, 2014 03:57 PM (Total replies: 16)

@InigoMontoya I read about that somewhere, I guess thats why in the Zombies map they're locked in a room to cut down variables. I'm really annoyed that they didnt just keep the coop code in from the xbox version when they ported it over :/ It seems in h2 vista the coop script is still intact, hence why there's a relatively playable coop campaign mod. Thanks for the insight :)

@altis94 Sounds like a cool Idea, just would probvably have to be in an enclosed space.
tldr: Does smoke work in CE standard or only with OS?
Edited by Calibyrnes on Mar 2, 2014 at 04:07 PM
Edited by Calibyrnes on Mar 2, 2014 at 04:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Coop with Open Sauce? Is it possible? Mar 2, 2014 03:50 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
I don't really understand why nobody tried making a real coop map using stuff from those maps :\

I guess, if no one else will, I'll have to learn how and do it myself :P (easier said than done but one day... a man can dream right?) Hope someone does get a team together and make a proper coop map, maybe a firefight map with flood and reach tags?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Coop with Open Sauce? Is it possible? Mar 2, 2014 03:32 PM (Total replies: 16)

Looks fun, playable which is more than I can say for any I've tested so far. will check it out. Its pretty far from a Coop campaign but I've accepted that that's probably impossible in Hce. Flood survival coop should be fun, looks very buggy at the moment in the video. Thanks Altis :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Coop with Open Sauce? Is it possible? Mar 2, 2014 12:58 PM (Total replies: 16)

@altis94 So wait do the bipeds and Ai sync, correctly? Does it work well Online or only local? @AlekosGR I really hope you're right, was expecting Halo 2 to have vanilla coop support when my pc copy arrived on Friday, but it seems to be the same story as with Halo custom edition, very difficult to sync the ai

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Coop with Open Sauce? Is it possible? Mar 2, 2014 07:42 AM (Total replies: 16)

I was thinking, its a long shot, but since Open Sauce extends the Halo CE engine's capabilities visually and in many other ways, would it allow for proper AI syncing for 2 or more player coop?

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 10:21 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website